Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Anquan Boldin or Roy Williams
Anquan Boldin 53 56.99%
Roy Williams 40 43.01%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin

yea I know theres been quite a few "vs" threads, but i had this debate in my head for quite some time, and figured it be pretty tough to choose...

Who's the better athlete/complete WR...graded right now as NFL players, not as prospects coming out...And who would you rather have as a #1 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy's the prototype, I'm a big fan. Realistically, I'd choose him. But come on, how cool is it when Q throws off linebackers and just trucks DBs? He's a wideout!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Q because I'm a homer. :D

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

342 receptions 4605 yards 20 TDs (4 seasons)

vs.

181 receptions 2814 yards 23 TDs (3 seasons)

Right now, the edge has to go to Boldin. Give Roy 2 seasons, and it might be a different story.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really tough choice there, do I go for Qs toughness and physicality or Roy's big play spark and ability to make spectacular plays downfield? I voted Roy but it could go either way.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
342 receptions 4605 yards 20 TDs (4 seasons)

vs.

181 receptions 2814 yards 23 TDs (3 seasons)

Right now, the edge has to go to Boldin. Give Roy 2 seasons, and it might be a different story.
thats a good stat sheet, and when you look at boldins first 4 seasons, that down year he started 9 games, but the other 3 when he started 14 or more he had at least 1200 yds 3 times, which is pretty impressive...

but if you gave roy another year to even out their first 4 years, it could look better...in receptions he will still be alot behind, yds could be within the 1000 yd mark range of the two, and his td's could be about 8-13 higher which is pretty important...

so id say its pretty close as far as production thus far, but I wouldnt give the nod to boldin just because he's played one extra year and his stats are higher now...just who's solely the more productive and dangerous WR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm taking Boldin. A more proven receiver who can break tackles, block and help my ballclub a lot more then a primadonna type receiver in Williams.

I love Roy too, but he has Keyshawn written all over him.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
I'm taking Boldin. A more proven receiver who can break tackles, block and help my ballclub a lot more then a primadonna type receiver in Williams.

I love Roy too, but he has Keyshawn written all over him.
Prima donna? How is having high confidence in your team being a primma donna?

Even as a Detroit fan, I'd say Anquan Boldin at this point, but I think that Roy Williams will be much better as he isn't swarmed by double coverage constantly this season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams without a doubt. He can win more jump balls due to height and still manged to put up 1000 yards when he the main guy on that team.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

I have to take Anquan Boldin simply because he is the player I see Dwayne Bowe becoming. They are very similar.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:05 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the consistency Boldin brings to the table. He goes out there and gets the job done, something every team needs.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Boldin. More consistant.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
I have to take Anquan Boldin simply because he is the player I see Dwayne Bowe becoming. They are very similar.
Nice reasoning...?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both receivers are phenominal, but Roy Williams just sticks out more to me, and that could be b/c I see Roy more often and respect him more, but I would be satisfied with either one on my team.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

williams has no one on the other side(well now he does) and pulled up more yards and tds
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the toughness, constistancy, and mindset of Boldin. Roy Williams is still pretty immature what with all the predictions last year. Boldin.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all due respect to Roy, Boldin would be my pick. His toughness and his overall game just impresses me. They've both made some ridiculous plays and catches, but I would take Boldin at the moment. You can't really go wrong with either anyways.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
williams has no one on the other side(well now he does) and pulled up more yards and tds
Because Mike Furrey didn't have 98 receptions last year.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
With all due respect to Roy, Boldin would be my pick. His toughness and his overall game just impresses me. They've both made some ridiculous plays and catches, but I would take Boldin at the moment. You can't really go wrong with either anyways.

Exactly my thought as well.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Roy Williams has more big-play ability. Anquan Boldin is great after the catch and the guy you want to get the ball to on 3rd down. Depends what you want in a receiver.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It is really close, I'll admit. Obviously I voted Roy, duh.

Roy is definitely faster and I think has more acrobatics and insane catch ability. Boldin is obviously bigger and tougher, and maybe more consistent although we know he's also had more support from other receivers in his career.

The #1 reason why Mike Furrey had 98 catches last year was because teams rolled coverage to Roy on every passing down. Not being a deep threat, Furrey commanded no double-teams, ever. Roy didn't get help from him, rather Furrey received all the help from Roy.

This is the first year we're really going to see Roy with a true complement of receivers and what he can do with some room to work. My opinion is, he's going to blow up.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that what Roy says has anything at all to do with what happens on the field or how good a WR he is. It's totally irrelevant.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
Wouldn't Boldin be the one hurt by having another receiver putting up big numbers? There are only so many balls to go around.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Because Mike Furrey didn't have 98 receptions last year.
I was about to say. It's not like Roy had a bum on the other side. I saw it first hand last season as Furrey made the Cowboys secondary look like amateurs.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Boldin. More consistant.
I agree but it is a close call toss up really.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin. More proven and he's one of the few WR's in the league that can end up taking every 10 yard pass to the house with his ability to make plays after the catch.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote