Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
It has not been proven that Vick has broken the law. That's the whole point.
NOT YET. ...and the NFL hasn't done anything to him yet either, so what are you complaining about?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If I think Vick is guilty, that puts me in the majority, buddy. Are we all pretending to be some all knowing power? NO. It's simple common sense. The Feds have all the evidence they need to convict him otherwise they wouldn't have put together this 19 page indictment. I think it's crazy for anyone to think he had no part in this.
Where did I say I don't think he's guilty? It doesn't matter. He hasn't been PROVEN guilty, so you cannot SUSPEND him.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
NOT YET. ...and the NFL hasn't done anything to him yet either, so what are you complaining about?
I'm complaining about the people that think he should be suspended NOW. I agree with what the league is doing.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm complaining about the people that think he should be suspended NOW. I agree with what the league is doing.
Well the league and the Falcons are talking about encouraging Vick to take a paid leave to focus on his legal issues. I don't think that is uncalled for. It is not a suspension. Besides, with his court appearances set at the same time of the Falcons practices, the league won't have to take action. The law is taking care of it for them.

Vick has played his last game in the NFL. They want him away from the league until this thing settles.... and when it does settle, he'll be in jail.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well the league and the Falcons are talking about encouraging Vick to take a paid leave to focus on his legal issues. I don't think that is uncalled for. It is not a suspension. Besides, with his court appearances set at the same time of the Falcons practices, the league won't have to take action. The law is taking care of it for them.

Vick has played his last game in the NFL. They want him away from the league until this thing settles.... and when it does settle, he'll be in jail.
I'm not sure how paid leaves work but I doubt Vick would object to that.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure how paid leaves work but I doubt Vick would object to that.
It means their way of showing support is to pay him to stay away. It's worth it to us, to pay you to stay the hell away.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It means their way of showing support is to pay him to stay away. It's worth it to us, to pay you to stay the hell away.
Kinda like what I do with my numerous ex-wives and children.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not making judgement on vick quite yet, i'll admit it's starting to stack up against him quickly, but i don't think the nfl will suspend him quite yet. personally i think the falcons should ask him to take a paid leave of absence so he wont be a major distraction to the team until things clear up some, if that takes the the whole year then so be it, but the media circus the team will face will be more hurtful than vick leaving for a bit.

missed the posts above.... lets see if he goes for it.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now I just have to hope Harrington is as bad as I think he is, then we will be in perfect position for 'my boy.'

Last edited by Shiver : 07-20-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Now I just have to hope Harrington is as bad as I think he is, then we will be in perfect position for 'my boy.'
I could see Colt Brennan wearing a dirty birds jersey. ;)
Old 07-20-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only possible hiccup in the Federal case is how trustworthy their sources are. Evidently it was Vick's relative, a criminal, that gave Vick up. This is the case because Davon Boddie was not indicted. If that's the case, Vick's lawyers will have a field day with him on the stand.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The only possible hiccup in the Federal case is how trustworthy their sources are. Evidently it was Vick's relative, a criminal, that gave Vick up. This is the case because Davon Boddie was not indicted. If that's the case, Vick's lawyers will have a field day with him on the stand.
What I'm thinkin' is....

Did none of Vick's teammates NOT know what was going on?

What about the Falcons management?

Right now, nobody is coming out... but once we start to get into the thick of things, it could get REAL UGLY. People will be pointing fingers everywhere.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Federal Government better have more then Vick's thug friends to back up their indictment.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Federal Government better have more then Vick's thug friends to back up their indictment.

If they want to win, yes they do. Vick's lawyers will destroy Boddie.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with punishing people before they've gone through the legal process but since Goodell has already set the precedent I don't see how he can not suspend Vick.

On a personal note, if half of the things that are alledged end up being true I hope Mike Vick is never allowed to play another down in the NFL. Some of those things are just absolutely disgusting.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Let me get this straight: you think Vick should be penalized because of an incident where he was cleared of any wrong-doing? Should T.O. be penalized because he runs his mouth and is a cancer to his team and in the league in general? No, because he's within his rights. If Vick isn't breaking the law, he shouldn't be suspended.
Where did I say he needed to be penalized? I am saying it raises questions about his character. I have never at any point in time in this entire Vick debate stated that Vick needs to be suspended. Matter of fact, I have said and am saying it won't even be necessary. Please do not put words in my mouth. You are better than that.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Where did I say he needed to be penalized? I am saying it raises questions about his character. I have never at any point in time in this entire Vick debate stated that Vick needs to be suspended. Matter of fact, I have said and am saying it won't even be necessary. Please do not put words in my mouth. You are better than that.
So what are you arguing with me about?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Do you understand what would happen if he were suspended and then "escapes sentencing on a technicalilty"? Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That's the American way.
So escaping sentence on a technicality makes him innocent? Tell that to the dogs he killed. Tell that to the two people OJ Simpson killed. Come on dude...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So escaping sentence on a technicality makes him innocent? Tell that to the dogs he killed. Tell that to the two people OJ Simpson killed. Come on dude...
If he isn't punished by the American justice system, the NFL punishing him would be ridiculous. The NFL are not judges of guilt. They suspend players based on what the American justice system says people do. So if Vick is found innocent, there is no way he gets suspended.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
For creating a scene? Are you honestly taking his apology as an admission of guilt?
You have obviously never worked in sales or retail. Apology is always deemed as an admittance of wrong doing. Most companies train their employees never to apologize, only to sympathize with the customer. Perception can very easily become reality. We also only read reports of what was said between Vick and Blank. Only the two of them know what was really said...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You have obviously never worked in sales or retail. Apology is always deemed as an admittance of wrong doing. Most companies train their employees never to apologize, only to sympathize with the customer. Perception can very easily become reality. We also only read reports of what was said between Vick and Blank. Only the two of them know what was really said...
Are you comparing retail sales to this? I guess Vick missed his orientation at Walmart when they told him not to apologize or people would think he's guilty.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
For all you know Michael Vick's lawyers could have the best defense we have ever heard, and he gets off. Does it seem like he's guilty? Hell yes. Do you think Vick is going to hire some jerk-off lawyer or a top notch one? He could still be proven innocent.

He's not been good for the NFL this last week, but you can't seem to understand how much worse it would be for the NFL if he is found innocent and they had already suspended him.
So "getting off" is going to make him innocent? Really. Wow.

I guess Chris Benoit is innocent then. I mean, a judge and a jury didn't tell me that he killed his wife and kid, all we really have is circumstantial evidence being fed to us by cops...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So "getting off" is going to make him innocent? Really. Wow.

I guess Chris Benoit is innocent then. I mean, a judge and a jury didn't tell me that he killed his wife and kid, all we really have is circumstantial evidence being fed to us by cops...
Do you think that the NFL would suspend Vick if all charges were dropped against him and he was not punished by the justice system? That would be completely ridiculous.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe he should be suspended for a few games right now, w/o being proven guilty. Yes, Moses, I know you think its rediculous, but right now he put himself in a bad spot, based on some bad choices. Now the whole world is looking at him as they never have before, and I believe that that is hurting the NFLs rep. That and the fact that he lied. Goodell should not just let him off even if he is proven innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do you think that the NFL would suspend Vick if all charges were dropped against him and he was not punished by the justice system? That would be completely ridiculous.
That's not "getting off."

"Getting off" means he goes to trial and does what no one ever does: beats a federal rap. And again, even if he does that, there will be the local authorities to deal with.

I believe everything that 18 page Federal Indictment to be true the same way I believe everything the cops in Georgia have determined in the Chris Benoit case: that he killed his wife and his kid and then killed himself. Neither have had a judge or jury say otherwise, but it's a slam dunk.

Michael Vick is, at the very least, guilty of associating with the wrong people. This is something the NFL drills into their head at their Rookie Symposium, and very clearly many of these guys don't get it.

But at the same time, this isn't simply a case of a guy being guilty by association, though. Vick has claimed he was "never" there, when he has been linked to being there on many, many, many occasions. He can not plead ignorance. It can not and will not happen or work. He was every bit a part in all of this. The evidence is indisputable, the same way it is indisputable in the case of Chris Benoit.

But again, I am going to just let it play out. We're on what, day four after the indictment? A week from today, ****s gonna hit the fan and when this thing actually goes to trial, it's going to be slam dunk.

And again, you are misunderstanding the meaning behind "innocent until proven guilty." That simply means that the government/cops can not dictate a punishment until a decision is made by a judge and jury, and that they are to assume he is innocent until it is proven otherwise.

It if you want to carry that over into your personal opinion, that is certainly your right. But it is evidence is very clearly not in the favor of your opinion...

Last edited by Jay : 07-20-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote