Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
So when did "sources close to the 10 year veteran" become a reliable enough source to declare it as fact? Haven't "sources close to (insert player here)" been dead wrong on several previous occasions?
Somebody sounds a little scared.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be to.

We don't know if he is retired or not. He is supposed to confirm or deny reports officially in a few days.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
It's not an overstatement; they lost their number 1 corner and number 1 LB.
Cato June is not a #1 LB by any stretch of the imagination. Number #1 corner is correct, but Nick Harper isn't some vital Pro Bowl-esque corner.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interceptions are not a fair way of judging a linebacker's value. Gary Brackett was much more valuable to their defense. I'd even go as far as to say Rob Morris was more valuable playing SAM late in the season, boosting their run D tremendously.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Super Bowl champs lose...

#1 CB
#1 LB
Pro Bowl LT

Interesting........
Rhodes as well. Not really a sick back, but had a good superbowl. I guess now it will be up to Addai.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Cato June is not a #1 LB by any stretch of the imagination. Number #1 corner is correct, but Nick Harper isn't some vital Pro Bowl-esque corner.
so it not a big loss, at all, he's just an interchangeable LB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
so it not a big loss, at all, he's just an interchangeable LB
The Colts are the only team that might actually get away with that with the way they've treated their backers.

Can anyone say Florida Marlins? Just kidding.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh yesss

a rookie verse Thomas-Seymour-Colvin-Vrabel (whoever plays that side against Colts)

i love it
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said in a interview on TV this last year was his hardest year when it comes to how his body was feeling threw the week after a game.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Well for ahile the colts could do no wrong.... now its biting them ... its gonna be hard for them to fill this need.. it will take ugoh time to adjust to the NFL although i think he is the long term solution personally.. good luck peyton...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats asking alot from Ugoh...this is a big blow. Roosevelt Colvin is licking his chops right now.

I think the key losses they had were Rhodes, and now this one. I think their loses at CB wasn't too big of a deal considering the scheme they run plus the fact that they got Hughes in the draft. June stunk anyway, thats no big loss.

People underestimate how critical Rhodes was to their playoff success. He was HUGE against NE. He will be missed. I guarantee it.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats asking alot from Ugoh...this is a big blow. Roosevelt Colvin is licking his chops right now.
...and Bobby McCray, and Mario Williams (or is he a LE?), and Kyle Vanden Bosch (same?).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2944430 make it official?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
...and Bobby McCray, and Mario Williams (or is he a LE?), and Kyle Vanden Bosch (same?).
KVB is officially a LE, but he can play RE and play it well. He sometimes gets interchanged due to the instability the Titans have at RE.

And as a Titans fan, this is very good news to hear.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 07-21-2007 at 02:31 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
As I said earlier, I don't think Ugoh starting from Week One is a given. There's no guarantee that the Colts throw the rookie into the fire immediately, especially at that position. Addai was a redshirt senior out of LSU and he didn't start until the playoffs.

Quote:
I think the key losses they had were Rhodes, and now this one. I think their loses at CB wasn't too big of a deal considering the scheme they run plus the fact that they got Hughes in the draft. June stunk anyway, thats no big loss.

People underestimate how critical Rhodes was to their playoff success. He was HUGE against NE. He will be missed. I guarantee it.
The loss of Rhodes isn't too big a deal for me. For one, the Colts wouldn't have paid what the Raiders paid - no way. Secondly, I no longer have to worry about his confidence issues and constant fumbling concerns (Jeff Saturday recovering Rhodes' fumble in the endzone in that NE game was HUGE). I'm more concerned with too much wear and tear on Addai, but the Colts seem adamant on keeping a second back in rotation and that's good news imo.

Imo the biggest reason for Rhodes' success in the playoffs was that his fresh legs after halftime gashed opposing defenses, who the Colts offense had two quarters to adjust to and wear down. I bet if you look at the postseason stats, Rhodes contribution in the first half of all four playoff games was absoutely dwarfed by his second half production.

Both DeDe Dorsey and Kenton Keith are lightier backs, which is a slight concern, but they are as fast/quick/shifty if not much moreso (3D in particular) so I think either can provide the same second-half spark. The Colts watched 3D every week in practice last season, and liked him enough to keep him on the active roster all season and let Rhodes walk in FA despite a great stat-line in SB XLI.

Much as I love Edge, the Colts did benefit from getting younger/quicker/fresher at the position and that proved critical in their 06 postseason success, although I vehemently maintain that Edge didn't receive enough carries/touches in the postseason. Drafting Addai was also critical, as he can pass protect and catch the ball very well to make up ground on that front. Division rival Jacksonville made a similar improvement by drafting Mo Drew and pairing him with Fred Taylor for one of the league's best rushing attacks, and I think we'll probably see something similar this year with Tennessee in Brown/LenWhale/Henry although not near that level of success of course.

btw, glad to see the Giants linebackers back, BBD.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like Glenns retirement is for real...Some serious pressure on Ugoh now
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Rhodes as well. Not really a sick back, but had a good superbowl. I guess now it will be up to Addai.
And Rhodes would have won the MVP of the SB if they didn't give Peyton his lifetime achievement award. But anyway, I don't think the Colts really care who they have on defense, especially the back 7 besides Sanders. Didn't Dungy make a quote like "The further you are from the ball, the more expendable you are" on defense or something like that. Neither June or Harper are huge playmakers, so it's not that big of a deal. Tarik Glenn, though, is a huge deal.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

This shows how much vets hate training camp because this is pretty late in the offseason to retire.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So, who is Will Smith going to face in he opener? :) Just kidding, no one is going to give us a chance to win anyway.

Anyway, the Colts just lost a great player. Glenn should have told the Colts he was considering retirement months ago.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Glenn had told the Colts months ago that he was retiring, what would that have changed?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
If Glenn had told the Colts months ago that he was retiring, what would that have changed?
It probably would've changed their draft plans a little bit.. and their priorities in Free Agency would've likely changed.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Looks like Glenns retirement is for real...Some serious pressure on Ugoh now
He doesnt hve to start LT yet does he?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It probably would've changed their draft plans a little bit.. and their priorities in Free Agency would've likely changed.
I can't doubt that enough, quite honestly. Especially considering the team traded their 2008 1st round draft pick and a 07 4th round pick to trade up for a 1st round left tackle prospect (in their grading/scouting) in Ugoh anyways.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
And Rhodes would have won the MVP of the SB if they didn't give Peyton his lifetime achievement award. But anyway, I don't think the Colts really care who they have on defense, especially the back 7 besides Sanders. Didn't Dungy make a quote like "The further you are from the ball, the more expendable you are" on defense or something like that. Neither June or Harper are huge playmakers, so it's not that big of a deal. Tarik Glenn, though, is a huge deal.
LOL. Yeah I was rooting for Rhodes to get it acually. He worked hard and I thought played good enough to have that honor. But peyton is like MJ, in basketball. Sometimes you get bounces and things go your way just because of who you are and prior performances. I don't have a problem with it in general, but just thought Rhodes should have got it. If they didnt give it to either of them, than I'd be wondering whats going on.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
LOL. Yeah I was rooting for Rhodes to get it acually. He worked hard and I thought played good enough to have that honor. But peyton is like MJ, in basketball. Sometimes you get bounces and things go your way just because of who you are and prior performances. I don't have a problem with it in general, but just thought Rhodes should have got it. If they didnt give it to either of them, than I'd be wondering whats going on.
Please never compare Peyton to MJ. MJ won 6 titles and actually played like an MVP in the playoffs/Finals. They never had to give MJ a pity Finals MVP.

But yes, I understand your point. Rhodes had an excellent game and deserved it, though I wasn't stunned when Peyton got it for the aforementioned reasons.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote