Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How were your preseason predictions from last year?

Its about time for TC + Preseason. As we all make our predictions for the upcoming 07-08 season, i was wondering how peoples predictions for the 06-07 season turned out.

For example, i remember getting caught up in the hype of the dolphins. I definitely thought they were bound for a deep playoff run. I was way off on that one.

However, i thought the cardinals would be bad, and i was right on that. I didn't get caught up in that hype machine.

I also remember some general predictions about how the two worst teams would be the 49ers and bills from this site. Both teams i think were predicted to pick 1+ 2 in the draft here. They just forgot to add a 1 in the beginning of both teams as the niners picked 11 and bills 12. Two teams predicted to be terrible whiched exceeded expectations. (On a side note, i believe these are the top two teams on the rise, in no particular order).

Did your predictions from last year come true or fizzle out?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't remember much but i do remeber predicting the Redskins having a sub .500 season correctly when everyone in the media was hyping them making a deep playofff run and identifying them as a superbowl contender.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Don't remember much but i do remeber predicting the Redskins having a sub .500 season correctly when everyone in the media was hyping them making a deep playofff run and identifying them as a superbowl contender.
A friend of mine went through our respective teams schedule during the pre season, and we concluded that the chargers would go 13-3 and the packers would go 9-7..

i suspect both teams won't be as good as their records were last year.. but i wouldnt be surprised if they were

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a little bit off.......

I believe I said Superbowl Champs would be Carolina, I nailed the AFC Champs though I said Colts would be AFC Champs but I said they would beat Cincinnati in the AFC Championship.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I was a little bit off.......

I believe I said Superbowl Champs would be Carolina, I nailed the AFC Champs though I said Colts would be AFC Champs but I said they would beat Cincinnati in the AFC Championship.
same scenario here

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I write down all my predictions (game by game) so that I can have an accurate prediction of each team's record. I'll put up my 2006 predictions soon....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

2006 Predictions

NFC East - Giants (11-5)

NFC North - Bears (8-8)

NFC South - Falcons (11-5)

NFC West - Seahawks (12-4)

AFC East - Bills (9-7)

AFC North - Bengals (11-5)

AFC South - Colts (12-4)

AFC West - Chiefs (10-6)

NFC Wild Card

-Cowboys (10-6)
-Rams (10-6)

AFC Wildcard

-Jaguars (12-4)
-Ravens (10-6)

NFC Championship

Falcons over Giants

AFC Championship

Colts over Jaguars

Super Bowl

Colts over Falcons

Other notables:

Chargers (6-10)
Saints (7-9)
Eagles (6-10)
Jets (5-11)

I had a pretty tough year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine... (I didn't pick records, just standings)

AFC division champs
South - Indy
North - Pittsburgh
East - New England
West - Denver

Wildcard
1. Jacksonville
2. Cincinnati

....Not too bad in the AFC, the NFC is where it gets bad.

Division Champs
East - Washington
North - Minnesota (WOW)
South - Carolina
West - Seattle

Wildcard
1. Tampa Bay
2. New York Giants

Notable screw-ups... Saints/Eagles were picked to finish last in their division. I was all but sure the Titans would be the worst team in the league (I was right until VY showed up).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And btw my worst screw up on my predictions last year was that the Ravens would go 5-11.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I don't remember much of what I had but I know I had the Redskins in the Super Bowl :o

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

I said Bills would be 7-9 and there were

I'll go 7-9 again
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even remmeber what I ate for breakfast, how am I supposed to remember my picks from a year ago.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I can't even remmeber what I ate for breakfast, how am I supposed to remember my picks from a year ago.
Lol.

I remember that I didn't buy into the Carolina and Miami hype, but I thought the Raiders would make the playoffs, and I thought the Bills would win the AFC East. I thought the Jaguars would win the AFC South (Colts a wildcard). I did the whole league, but I don't remember much more than the previous.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I remember is predicting big things for the Panthers. I'm sure I made predictions on this board, I just have no idea where I'd find them.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's laugh at the wrong!
  • The Baltimore Ravens earn a Top 5 pick and Billick gets the boot to his mind-numbingly annoying ass.
  • Picked the Washington Redskins to win the NFC East, buying into the hype of Al Saunders (seriously, lol @ me). More over, I picked them to represent the NFC in Miami.
  • Didn't have the San Diego Chargers as a playoff team.
  • Both the Carolina Panthers and the Atlanta Falcons get into the playoffs.
  • The Denver Broncos and Jacksonville Jaguars get back to the playoffs for a consecutive year.
  • Actually thought the Arizona Cardinals would win the NFC West.

But wait, there's some good!
  • Direct quote: "With a cakewalk schedule, a team of returning starters, and every single other rival dealing with new coaches/regimes/players, da Bears will have the number one seed in the NFC."
  • Thought the Indianapolis Colts would get to Miami and win SB XLI, albeit against the Redskins (see above). Obviously I picked both the Colts and the England Patriots to win their divisions.
  • The Seattle Seahawks break the string of Super Bowl losers and get back to the playoffs.
  • Didn't buy the hype of the Miami Dolphins like so many others (nice SB prediction, Sports Illustrated! What idiots, lol). Said they were at least one year away under Saban.
  • The Kansas City Chiefs would get back into the playoffs with Herm Edwars aka the RB Killer.
  • The Tampa Bay Bucs weren't going to make the playoffs, despite winning the division in 2005.
  • The Buffalo Bills were going to improve for the better by a good deal.

If you'll remember, I also put up the sig after SB XL that Peyton Manning and the Colts would win 3 (or was it 2? I'm pretty sure it was 3) Super Bowls in the next 5 years. Obviously, few if any agreed with me at the time and more laughed at the idea. A third of the way there, boys.

Last edited by Geo : 07-21-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Panthers and Ravens in Superbowl....Sooo thats all i gotta say.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well I was confident the Panthers would win the SB
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the Bills and Rams in the Super Bowl.........nuff said.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
No need to beat yourself up about being a year off.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
No need to beat yourself up about being a year off.
I had the Saints having the #1 pick.....
Old 07-21-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Oakland was going to be the one bad team to make a jump and make the playoffs. Unfortunately, that ended up being the Saints, and Oakland blew baby chunks.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right

Eagles bouncing back and winning the division
Chicago representing the NFC in the Super Bowl
Giants falling apart
LT finally being recognized as the best RB in the NFL

Wrong

Reggie Bush for ROY
Texans grabbing a wild card (don't ask, please)
Colts not making the SB
Falcons going 5-11
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow! That was an interesting choice of teams

Old 07-21-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
NFC East:Philadelphia Eagles
NFC North:Green Bay Packers
NFC South:Atlanta Falcons
NFC West:St. Louis Rams
NFC Wild Cardetroit Lions
NFC Wild Card:Arizona Cardinals

AFC East:Buffalo Bills
AFC North:Cleveland Browns
AFC South:Houston Texans
AFC West:Oakland Raiders
AFC Wild Card:Cincinnati Bengals
AFC Wild Card:Miami Dolphins

Playoffs
Cardinals over Packers
Lions over Eagles

Bengals over Browns
Texans over Dolphins

Rams over Cardinals
Lions over Falcons

Bills over Bengals
Raiders over Texans

Rams over Lions

Bills over Raiders

RAMS over bills!

RAMS WIN!
These were my predictions......1 of 12 teams not bad....
Old 07-21-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
These were my predictions......1 of 12 teams not bad....
It looks like an NCAA bracket where someone tried to pick alot of sleepers