Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What time frame?
07-08/08-09 2 2.35%
09-10/10-11 2 2.35%
11-12/12-13 8 9.41%
13-14/14-15 7 8.24%
15-16/16-17 3 3.53%
2017+ 1 1.18%
Never 62 72.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2007, 07:12 AM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default When will Vince Young win his first SB?

When will VY win a SB if ever?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't see it happening in the near future and it really isn't possible to predict how well the Titans will improve in the years to come.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll never win one.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

voted 2016/17

just a hunch
Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they need to add a lot for him to win. WR for one, lets just start there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense but this is one of the most absurdly irrelevant questions I've heard on here. Nothing against Vince, I like the kid, but we might as well have the question "when will Brodie Croyle win a SB?". The league and team changes to much in a span of one year, that guessing for an exact time period is impossible and in end pointless.

Last edited by Paul : 07-22-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never. Jay Cutler is winning them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What Paul said. Pretty ridiculous.

However, I must point out the irony of an Eagles fan claiming that Vince Young will never win a Super Bowl; after all, Vince Young has already far exceeded anything Donovan McNabb did at similar stages in his career....and I'm guessing he likes McNabb's chances of winning a ring.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you just compair Vince Young to Donovan McNabb???

1st of all McNabb is and always will be a better passer than Young, and secondly that "similar stages in his career" is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Vince Young has ONE year of experience that means NOTHING.

Don't get me wrong, Vince is good but how good will the Titans be, should be this question.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, considering MOST QB's never end up with one, I'm gonna say never.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not ever..

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put never, it's hard to make the super bowl yet win it, and Vince Young got a bit too much hype last year (like him but he wasn't as great as everyone said he was.)

I said never because it was the safe answer, if he wins one it should be in about 4 years (around there) when he has a full supporting cast.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Did you just compair Vince Young to Donovan McNabb???

1st of all McNabb is and always will be a better passer than Young, and secondly that "similar stages in his career" is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Vince Young has ONE year of experience that means NOTHING.

Don't get me wrong, Vince is good but how good will the Titans be, should be this question.
Well, no homerism there for sure. You know how great McNabb's 1st year as a passer was? Arguably worse than VY's 1st year. I'd say VY is a better runner....we'll see about the passing. No, you can't get bent out of shape about that comparison at this stage.

VY does need to improve as a passer though, and he got better as the season went on last year. But the WR core could be bad this year, and he would benifit tremendously if he had a Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, TO, Steve Smith, etc.

VY has some serious play making abilities....kinda like the man he replaced, Steve McNair. Now when Steve had a very good team around him, he got close, but didn't get it. If the Titans can get another good team around their playmaking QB, it can happen. A little too hard to guess at this point though ;)
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll never win one as a Titan

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VYisaGod, so i will say he will win the next six superbowls...........

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Vince Young has a better shot of winning one sooner than later. with his running style hes got to get the job done while he is young otherwise he will lose a crucial part of his game (speed) when he is older. Even McNair is slower than he used to be. speed goes before your arm does when you get old
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not in the near future. The Titans were one of the bottom 5 worst teams last year statistically and they decided to not retain Travis Henry (their best offensive player) and would have been picking in the top 10 this year if not for some crazy bounces that went their way down the stretch.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone remember how enamored everyone was with Micheal Vick? Give it some time, if VY ends up being a Super Bowl winning QB then good for him, but alot rides on his team, if he doesn't have a good team then he wont win anything.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

in all truthiness, i kinda wish we'd tried to trade our entire draft to get calvin johnson. we wouldve won a super bowl within the next three years with a VY to CJ combo.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
goodlookin
Rookie

goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.goodlookin is a cocksman.

Vince young is a winner, plain and simple ill admit hes always been one of my favorite player but he efficently plays to his strengths. If the titans management is smart and drafts well the next few years id say by 2011. on a random side note...if the jets drafted him two years ago, my pats wouldnt be so favored to own the afc east and the rest of the league
goodlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
in all truthiness, i kinda wish we'd tried to trade our entire draft to get calvin johnson. we wouldve won a super bowl within the next three years with a VY to CJ combo.
That would have been better than the players you actually drafted. I don't know if Millen would have gone for it. He was stingy with TB and that was moving down only 2 slots, theres a huge difference between drafting 2nd and late teens.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the history of the NFL only 26 QBs have won a Super Bowl. I'm liking my chances when I say NEVER.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
That would have been better than the players you actually drafted. I don't know if Millen would have gone for it. He was stingy with TB and that was moving down only 2 slots, theres a huge difference between drafting 2nd and late teens.
considering that reinfeldt really didnt impress me with his drafting ability, i wouldnt have minded giving up a player or two, and/or draft picks for next year.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not for a while, that Titan team isnt even close
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will get at least one.