Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What time frame?
07-08/08-09 2 2.35%
09-10/10-11 2 2.35%
11-12/12-13 8 9.41%
13-14/14-15 7 8.24%
15-16/16-17 3 3.53%
2017+ 1 1.18%
Never 62 72.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
The Titans were one of the bottom 5 worst teams last year statistically and they decided to not retain Travis Henry (their best offensive player) and would have been picking in the top 10 this year if not for some crazy bounces that went their way down the stretch.
I don't think we were in the bottom 5 statistically. In rushing we were Top 5, but passing we were bottom 5. So that made us about middle of the pack. We had one of the worst defenses, but only statistically. We had the "Bend but not break" approach. And Travis Henry was an important cog in out offense, but he was our second most important player on offense. Vince is our most important. Who would you rather want? Kerry Collins and Travis Henry, or Vince Young and LenDale White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden
Give it some time, if VY ends up being a Super Bowl winning QB then good for him, but alot rides on his team, if he doesn't have a good team then he wont win anything.
Vince does need a good team, but that can be said for any QB. But, I don't think he needs a great team to succeed. He proved this last year.

Anyway, Vince still needs to mature as a passer. He has good awareness and great running abilities. If he improves his passing abilities, and our GM does his job well, then I can see us being a serious contendor in about 5 years. After the Peyton Dynasty has left the AFC South.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Well, no homerism there for sure. You know how great McNabb's 1st year as a passer was? Arguably worse than VY's 1st year. I'd say VY is a better runner....we'll see about the passing. No, you can't get bent out of shape about that comparison at this stage.

VY does need to improve as a passer though, and he got better as the season went on last year. But the WR core could be bad this year, and he would benifit tremendously if he had a Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, TO, Steve Smith, etc.

VY has some serious play making abilities....kinda like the man he replaced, Steve McNair. Now when Steve had a very good team around him, he got close, but didn't get it. If the Titans can get another good team around their playmaking QB, it can happen. A little too hard to guess at this point though ;)
McNabb has had one of the worst wideout corps throughout his career, so don't give me that ****. I do expect Young to be very, very good but you can't use the WR thing if you're comparing McNabb to Young.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=TitanHope;525282]Who would you rather want? Kerry Collins and Travis Henry, or Vince Young and LenDale White?
QUOTE]

Matt Leinart and Maurice Jones Drew :).
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
in all truthiness, i kinda wish we'd tried to trade our entire draft to get calvin johnson. we wouldve won a super bowl within the next three years with a VY to CJ combo.
I really doubt that. The team has a lot more to improve upon than just WR and it's not like CJ is guaranteed to be a pro bowl-type player within his first three years.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

When he will throw the ball we can debate this.Otherwise this thread is pointless.A better thread would be when will Vince throw the ball.08,09,10?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
When he will throw the ball we can debate this.Otherwise this thread is pointless.A better thread would be when will Vince throw the ball.08,09,10?
i think 2200 yards and 12 tds is decent for a rookie.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Not in the near future. The Titans were one of the bottom 5 worst teams last year statistically and they decided to not retain Travis Henry (their best offensive player) and would have been picking in the top 10 this year if not for some crazy bounces that went their way down the stretch.
What crazy bounces? Yeah Kiwi made a big bonehead play, but there wasn't just a lot of lucky stuff going on. There were big plays, many by VY. Some by Chris Hope and Bulluck, some by Pac Man.

I think TitanHope covered the rest of the ideas of what the stats say about the Titans last year. It's like the Transformers, more than mets the eye.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
McNabb has had one of the worst wideout corps throughout his career, so don't give me that ****. I do expect Young to be very, very good but you can't use the WR thing if you're comparing McNabb to Young.
Don't give you what ****? I never said he had a great WR core, or even avg. Now, look how he performed when he had a stud WR....his best year ever. VY would look a lot better with a top WR core too.

You think VY had a good WR core last year? He didn't. So I'll stick by my point, after the 1st year, no one can say it's stupid to compare the two.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He'll never win one as a Titan
My response exaxtly, and I don't see him ever getting away from them, so never, and it wouldn't be his fault at all.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
What crazy bounces? Yeah Kiwi made a big bonehead play, but there wasn't just a lot of lucky stuff going on. There were big plays, many by VY. Some by Chris Hope and Bulluck, some by Pac Man.
Thats true. They had some games that they barely won, but they also had games that they barely lost: The 1st Colts game and Ravens game come immediately to mind.

But, they never blew anyone out and had more close games than not. So that leads people who didn't watch the games to think that they got lucky.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What they need to do in Tennessee is build a very strong defense and then get a RB who is dominant (they'll find out if LenDale is that guy soon enough). Make their team built on defense and the run game and then Vince will lead them to the super bowl. He's a winner, but without a really good defense they won't win any kind of championship. The best way for them to do this is to get a great defensive line in place like they got in Chicago, New England, San Diego, Carolina, and Jacksonville.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im slowly becoming a Vince Young fan, he has that "it" factor you look for, but come on, let the kid throw more TDs than INTs before making a thread like this. The Vince Young hype machine is starting to get annoying.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree BBD I love his "it" factor as you say, I think he will develop very good.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
VYisaGod, so i will say he will win the next six superbowls...........
You're in denial. You know JCisAGod. And even if they were both Gods(possible), Cutler is Zeus and Vince Young is some crappy God like Hermes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Projecting a player's SB wins in their career is pretty pointless.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Projecting a player's SB wins in their career is pretty pointless.
its all speculation, which this whole site is pretty much built on since its an nfl draft website.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im slowly becoming a Vince Young fan, he has that "it" factor you look for, but come on, let the kid throw more TDs than INTs before making a thread like this. The Vince Young hype machine is starting to get annoying.
I've liked Young since mid-2005, even though he did beat the Buckeyes and ruined their season. He is more fun to watch than any QB since Favre during his prime. His TD/INT ratio is a bit overated, b/c if you watch him you realize that his rushing TDs are just as good if not better than his passing ones, so if he does throw 15/12 in year and rushes for 8 more it's a little different than if he didn't have those rushing scores. And unlike Mike Vick, Young can actually throw a frozen rope that has some accuracy to it instead of the pass landing near the receiver's feet or being 5 yards behind.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
He'll never win one.
i just think he is too much of a winner not to win one... it may not be with the titans... he may leave in the free agency and go to a team that needs a playmaker... and he has a shot.. but on this team... not for ahwile

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
its all speculation, which this whole site is pretty much built on since its an nfl draft website.
But it's speculation with little basis. You can speculate about a team next season because there's something to go off of. Predicting if a team will win the Super Bowl (not just if they'll be good or not) to 10 years in the future is shooting in the dark.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He can't carry the Titans like he carried the Longhorns at times while he was at Texas. If the Titans get their act together as a franchise I can see him winning one. If they continue to have bad off seasons like they had this year I do not see him ever winning one unless he changes teams - and if he chooses correctly it could be a legitimate possibility.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
What they need to do in Tennessee is build a very strong defense and then get a RB who is dominant (they'll find out if LenDale is that guy soon enough). Make their team built on defense and the run game and then Vince will lead them to the super bowl. He's a winner, but without a really good defense they won't win any kind of championship. The best way for them to do this is to get a great defensive line in place like they got in Chicago, New England, San Diego, Carolina, and Jacksonville.
That's exactly how I want this team built, and how you'd think Fisher would like it. Something similar to the 99-03 teams.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well only 1 QB a year wins a superbowl and 31 others dont. That means every year there is a roughly a 3% chance its your QB to win. Right now the Titans dont have enough in my eyes so im going with the 97% saying he doesnt win it this year. 10 years down the road its nothing but a guess, so im going to say never.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
and would have been picking in the top 10 this year if not for some crazy bounces that went their way down the stretch.
LOL! thats the funniest thing ive read in some time...yea they just crazy bounced their way into the playoff hunt the final week of the season, not like they really won any of those games or anything

and I will add Vince does need weapons, but he doesnt need them to the extent that everyone thinks...look at the offense last year, it was horrible when collins was playing, then all of a sudden people start making plays towards the end of the year, its not just coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
LOL! thats the funniest thing ive read in some time...yea they just crazy bounced their way into the playoff hunt the final week of the season, not like they really won any of those games or anything

and I will add Vince does need weapons, but he doesnt need them to the extent that everyone thinks...look at the offense last year, it was horrible when collins was playing, then all of a sudden people start making plays towards the end of the year, its not just coincidence
It's not coincidence, but Vince Young > Kerry Collins. So obviously there's gonna be some improvement.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This thread is a perfect example of what makes Pacman Jones' stupidity so tragic.

With both VY and Pacman on the roster, the Titans had an elite playmaker on both sides of the ball. Every single time the ball was snapped, the Titans had a game-altering presence on the field.

Moreover, there was a remarkable symbiosis between the two players....each had a knack for capitalizing on momentum created by the other. Moreover, when one struggled, the other would step up in spectacular fashion.

Both VY and Pacman are incredibly gifted athletes, and playmakers of the highest order. Each is capable of almost singlehandedly turning games around, and turning L's into W's.

Having both of them on the roster essentially adds 4-6 extra wins to the schedule. This year, they took a team with 4-12 talent, and turned them into an 8-8 team. They could just as easily spell the difference between an 8-8 also ran and a first-round bye....or instead of a wildcard berth, they win the conference championship. That's what playmakers do....they make all the difference.

But thanks to the stupidity of Pacman Jones, it appears that we may never find out. Assuming the Titans continue to solidify their roster, VY and Pacman could turn this team into a legitimate Super Bowl contender within 2-3 years....possibly sooner.

But if Jones can't get his act together, it could take twice that long to build a championship-caliber roster....and it might not happen at all.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote