Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Football Live

College Football Live premiers today at 2:30 central/3:30 eastern on ESPN

anybody excited? It's the "official" start to the college football season according to ESPN

Personally, I hope it's very similar to the way they presented Gameday

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
College Football Live premiers today at 2:30 central/3:30 eastern on ESPN

anybody excited? It's the "official" start to the college football season according to ESPN

Personally, I hope it's very similar to the way they presented Gameday
Who is going to be preseason #1? Whoever it is, it will be a lovefest of them with an ND bj or two thrown in.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC has to be #1 IMO

so we can look forward to a lot of talk about the ND-USC game

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks they have the preseason rankings out on espn.com Usc indeed is number one.
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! Ray Rice is in the studio today. So I basically think they'll look back at 2007 and then talk about USC, ND and Rutgers.

I will watch this though, I can't wait for College Football.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pete Carrol and Les Miles will be on today

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark May has been waiting for this moment for a long time. Now he gets to ride USC's nutsack again, just like he did in 05.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
mil_brew_fan
Rookie

mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.mil_brew_fan is a cocksman.

I think Florida should be the number one team in the nation. Replacing Leak with a more versatile quarterback, the Gators should repeat.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
I think Florida should be the number one team in the nation. Replacing Leak with a more versatile quarterback, the Gators should repeat.

They lost their entire defense. No way should they be #1. .
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_brew_fan View Post

I hope you are being sarcastic, they lost a lot of defensive starters. The SEC is too tough to have an unexperienced defense

Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The season will be here soon. I can't wait.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

I am actually pissed that NCAA 08 has come out and college football live debuted...I want the season to start this weekend, I can't wait 2 more months

I just got home from work...did I miss anything in the first 5 mins? lol

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem I'll have with this show will be the fact that they'll on be on USC for National Champs and it'll get old quick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The only problem I'll have with this show will be the fact that they'll on be on USC for National Champs and it'll get old quick
They will, but they are the top team in the nation

Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
yea but they get on one team early every year, after like a week it's pretty easy to ignore...but since the show is starting so early you may be right

Lee made a really good point about Ray Rice...if he has a really good year again and Rutgers does really well again, he can lock up the East as far as voting for the Heisman goes pretty much...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

College Football Is Back=)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
yea but they get on one team early every year, after like a week it's pretty easy to ignore...but since the show is starting so early you may be right

Lee made a really good point about Ray Rice...if he has a really good year again and Rutgers does really well again, he can lock up the East as far as voting for the Heisman goes pretty much...
If WVU goes undefeated through the big east slaton or white will snatch up some of those votes

Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Its too bad they don't have a good enough defense to go undefeated. Someone's bound to outscore them.

Anyway, ESPN shows like this are usually full of popular team bias so that fans of said teams will watch (Notre Dame, for example).
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
If WVU goes undefeated through the big east slaton or white will snatch up some of those votes
Right, I just meant that if Rutgers has that good year, not WVU, that Rice would be in the driver's seat easily...I want WVU to run the table because I love Slaton and White, but they would be then competing with eachother for votes, which could hurt them in the end...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-23-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Rice as a running back and I think that he will have a good year, but not nearly as good as last year. Brian Leonard was the heart and soul of Rutgers and he will be sorely missed. Rice will now have to carry the load of the offense on his own shoulders and not have the nice combo that Rutgers was able to utilize with Leonard and Rice.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Instead of watching it, I did something far more productive: slept.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rutgers will be in 3rd place in the big east this year and barely be top 25, but 2008 theyre gonna dominate the big east if Rice stays

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I think Rutgers will be in 3rd place in the big east this year and barely be top 25, but 2008 theyre gonna dominate the big east if Rice stays
I think they can contend for 2nd place with Louisville but nobody in that conference will touch West Virginia.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like the personnel on Louisville, it is really hard for college players to do well under a first-year head coach learning a new scheme. I still see Louisville having a good season, but they will be behind WVU, Rutgers, and possibly the darkhorse South Florida.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if South Florida won the Big East. They've got one hell of a defense.

I'm not as high on WVU as a lot of people, either. Sure they can run the ball better than just about anyone, but can they stop a good offense? My gut says no, they can't.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote