Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really that excited. Gameday is more than enough. It's not like a care a bit at all about any other teams anyways. Only one college team intrigues me, if they have a show about them I might watch. CFB for me is nothing like the NFL where all the teams are interesting.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im thinking about following college ball more, i consider myself a casual fan, have a few teams i like and know some names. Unlike the NFL where im a devoted fan and NFL live is the best show on ESPN. around the horn and 1st ten when Woody and Skip where on it togethere was good, still is but not as good as before.

Yeah the only team i like is the U, i go to Temple, but they have won 1 game in like 2 years.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip Bayless is probably the biggest tool in the world. By far the worst person on ESPN. I think PTI is the best thing they've got. Baseball Tonight used to be great when they had Gammons and Harold Reynolds, etc., but it sucks bad now that they don't even say one insightful thing the whole show. Hopefully CFB live can be as good as NFL live, PTI, and Around the Horn.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PTI is good hopefully they do make CBF good, what time does it come on
Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
PTI is good hopefully they do make CBF good, what time does it come on
330 EST....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Intriguing from what I saw. Corso picked LSU as the top team in the country and Tim Tebow as the most important player. Uh, don't see either one (but I do think LSU is #2/#3).
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Intriguing from what I saw. Corso picked LSU as the top team in the country and Tim Tebow as the most important player. Uh, don't see either one (but I do think LSU is #2/#3).
Who do you think fits both catergories????

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think #1 is WV well atleast on the O side, LSU is pretty good #2, so where would that put the Longhorn, Michigan, and USC all of exceptional Qbs, and teams.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Who do you think fits both catergories????
I like USC as the #1 team (me and everybody else). For most important player, a lot of players fit the bill. Obviously I'm biased and one of the guys would be Mike Hart. He makes Michigan go, but then again he's got a lot around him.

Ray Rice from Rutgers would definitely be high up there. As most important to his team I think him, Colt Brennan and maybe Brian Brohm could make cases, thouh the backup at UL is good too. What do you think?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I think #1 is WV well atleast on the O side, LSU is pretty good #2, so where would that put the Longhorn, Michigan, and USC all of exceptional Qbs, and teams.
On O I still like USC. They're unproven, yes, but there's a ton of talent there. I really hate putting WVU at #1 because their defense is a joke.

My top 5

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Michigan
4. Texas
5. WVU
Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think most important is Patrick White or Steve Slaton.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I think most important is Patrick White or Steve Slaton.
Why do you say that?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Both of those guys are their Offense, i dont think they could do good with out White. Even though their D is a joke. Colt B. now that i think about is more important for Hawaii, without him Hawaii has no chance, but they play no really good teams.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Both of those guys are their Offense, i dont think they could do good with out White. Even though their D is a joke. Colt B. now that i think about is more important for Hawaii, without him Hawaii has no chance, but they play no really good teams.
I think they would do just fine without White. The system tailors to his strengths and covers up the fact that he's a very mediocre passer. They have a lot of depth at QB. They also have a lot of depth at RB. But hey that's your opinion it's cool.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

nah i dont know jack shitzz about CF, im trying to find out more, not a big fan but im trying to get more into it
Old 07-24-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I think they would do just fine without White. The system tailors to his strengths and covers up the fact that he's a very mediocre passer. They have a lot of depth at QB. They also have a lot of depth at RB. But hey that's your opinion it's cool.
wvu fan, and yes rodriguez does tailor the offense to his qb; when white was injured we threw more (rugters game); we have a decent backup qb in jarrett brown, and at rb we have devine; so i would say its neither of them (slaton/white)
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Texas could run the table, but I'll say USC
And Brennan as most important

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Skip Bayless is probably the biggest tool in the world. By far the worst person on ESPN. I think PTI is the best thing they've got.
You can say that again.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
wvu fan, and yes rodriguez does tailor the offense to his qb; when white was injured we threw more (rugters game); we have a decent backup qb in jarrett brown, and at rb we have devine; so i would say its neither of them (slaton/white)
Adam Bednarik can play too. He was a stud at one of our rival HS.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I think Texas could run the table, but I'll say USC
And Brennan as most important
I agree Texas can run the table, but I think USC has the most talent. For all the **** Les Miles said about USC's schedule, I think they ranked it the #2 schedule in the country on Live.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

Sorry about the double post, can't figure out how to delete it.

Last edited by constant cough : 07-24-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

Quote:
I think they ranked it the #2 schedule in the country on Live.
I know that made me laugh. I don't know I'm just not seeing it. Maybe somebody can point out to me what's so tough about it. And please don't tell me Notre Dame and Nebraska.

Idaho
@ Nebraska
Washington State
@Washington
Stanford
Arizona
@ Notre Dame
@ Oregon
Oregon State
@ California
@ Arizona State
UCLA
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
I know that made me laugh.
Why? It's a pretty tough schedule. @ Nebraska, @ ND and @ Oregon in back to back weeks. I know ND isn't going to be great this year but rivalry games are always tough. Oregon State beat USC last year, @ Cal and home vs. UCLA are tough games too.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

Quote:
Why? It's a pretty tough schedule. @ Nebraska, @ ND and @ Oregon in back to back weeks.
That's not tough, Nebraska is improved but still no where near USC didn't the trojans drill them last year? Notre Dame is worse than the overrated team they had last year. And Oregon is another run of the mill Pac 10 team.

Hardly what I would consider the 2nd toughest schedule in the country. Are any of those 3 teams even ranked top 15?

ESPN lives to hype the trojans this is nothing new.

Last edited by constant cough : 07-24-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
That's not tough, Nebraska is improved but still no where near USC didn't the trojans drill them last year? Notre Dame is worse than the overrated team they had last year. And Oregon is another run of the mill Pac 10 team.

Hardly what I would consider the 2nd toughest schedule in the country. Are any of those 3 teams even ranked top 15?
Nebraska may be in the 17-20 range I think. Cal will be very good, UCLA is good. Do I think it's the #2 schedule? No. The again, I never see how ND's SOS is ranked so high. But USC plays a good schedule.