Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default LeCharles Bentley :I'm Good to Go"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946356

Quote:
CLEVELAND -- Browns center LeCharles Bentley was cleared by his surgeon to return to the playing field on Monday, another major step in his unexpected comeback from a career-threatening knee injury.
I think that this might be one of the best stories leading into the season. I mean, he almost had his leg chopped off. I really hope that he succeeds well with the browns and at least he doesn't have to carry the load of the o-line by himself with the browns recent acquisitions.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Nice to hear. I just hope he's not rushing it and coming back too soon.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, last thing he needs is to rush into and.. well actually never play again.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard if he doesn't tear his knee on the first play then he will tear it on the second...

I doubt he'd pass a physical though if that were true.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantastic news. I'm rooting for Bentley big time, hopefully he returns to full football health and wins Comeback Player of the Year.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he can return to the level that he was at before the injury and surgeries. He was a dominant player, and I wish him the best personally and professionally.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like bentley. I always drafted him as my center in madden fantasy drafts. Hope he does well.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get a bad feeling that this is going to be this year's Culpepper/Big Ben story. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

This is good news to hear, Im really pulling for this guy to come back and be like the player he once was.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Glad to hear it, it would have been tragic if his career would have ended like that...lets just hope he can make a succesful comeback I would hate to see him reinjure it
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pulling for this guy. I hope he is 100% and is not rushing anything.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I get a bad feeling that this is going to be this year's Culpepper/Big Ben story. I wish him well and hope I'm wrong.
Me too, it seems pretty fast for how bad it was. But I'm hoping all goes well.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bentley's not a QB, and if he were to show the signs Culpepper and Big Ben showed early in the seasons of their injuries, then there is no way the coaches rush him in. It's not like they don't have a good player in at center and both guard spots as it is with Fraley, Steinbach, Tucker, and Seth McKinney all in the mix. But as it sounds I think Bentley will actually play this year and not have to go on the PUP list even. Great news for LeCharles, it would be a great boost to the lockeroom and team morale if he can make that improbable comback. Also, if LeCharles plays with anything close to the intensity and drive that he did before his injury then the Browns can have a great offensive line with awesome depth behind it. Obviously LCB won't be what he was, but there are more things than leg strength that made him a pro bowl center. I think he'll be a great player still after he comes back. Hopefully Cleveland's luck is changing.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 07-23-2007 at 09:15 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Also, if LeCharles plays with anything close to the intensity and drive that he did before his injury then the Browns can have a great offensive line with awesome depth behind it.
Last time I saw LeCharles Bentley playing in football games, intensity and drive were nowhere to be found.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Last time I saw LeCharles Bentley playing in football games, intensity and drive were nowhere to be found.

Then, why did he work so hard to come back?
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Then, why did he work so hard to come back?
I don't question his intensity, drive or even being a dominate player as a Brown. I do question why Bentley played below average for the Saints in 2005. I think it had more to do with not wanting to be a Saint more than his ability, I know he is a great player when he wants to be. I hope he returns to form for the Browns, you guys deserve it.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Fantastic news. I'm rooting for Bentley big time, hopefully he returns to full football health and wins Comeback Player of the Year.
That would be one AMAZING year for a C.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im rooting for him, he's always been a favorite player of mine

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I don't question his intensity, drive or even being a dominate player as a Brown. I do question why Bentley played below average for the Saints in 2005. I think it had more to do with not wanting to be a Saint more than his ability, I know he is a great player when he wants to be. I hope he returns to form for the Browns, you guys deserve it.
Ok, that's what I thought. He really wanted to play for Cleveland. I mean, the guy's getting paid either way, it's good to see him try and get back. If he can get back and become dominant, he could become a fan favorite.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland has potentially a pretty sick line. 2 years down the line I bet they have a top 10 offense; Winslow, Braylon, Brady, good line. Plug in a running back who's not washed up and a decent number 2 receiver, you're good to go.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
That would be one AMAZING year for a C.
It would, but I think it's very possible - some years you see the league stretch on a "come back" player because the pool is thin to choose from. If 07 is like that and Bentley can come back as a regular good starting C, I could see it happening.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
It would, but I think it's very possible - some years you see the league stretch on a "come back" player because the pool is thin to choose from. If 07 is like that and Bentley can come back as a regular good starting C, I could see it happening.
Good point; as I recall in 2004 Drew Brees got it, and he wasn't coming back from anything. He just developed into a good quarterback in his 3rd year starting. It made no sense.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

I hope he wins comeback player if he does good. I mean, the staph infection he had wasn't career threatening, it was LIFE threatening. And he comes back and in shorter time than anyone thought is back. True gamer. I'm getting a Bentley jersey man.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember 2 offseasons ago, there was a huge rumor that the Eagles had signed Bentley as a FA, and I was ECSTATIC. Either the reports were false, or Cleveland beat the offer. Either way, I wish him the best and hope he can earn the contract he was given. Kudos to the Browns for sticking with him and paying him as he rehabbed.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Thomas, Steinbach, and Bentley that line could be pretty solid this year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote