Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Beuerlein had a couple of good years in Carolina..............
Yeah, he even had 1 Pro Bowl year... Still never became the QB he was hyped up to be. ...and even if Schaub does that, he's won't make the trade out of ATL regrettable. It's gonna take a helluva career to make it regrettable.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, you figure we made ourselves in position (position being key word) to land Landry/ Peterson/ Brown, landed a first round calibre prospect in Justin Blalock, and will have another second round pick next year. We should be OK IMO as far as the Schaub trade. I was never too impressed with him.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It's the beginning of the end...
Old 07-23-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
It's the beginning of the end...
*Grabs a beer and some popcorn* cause its going to be a hell of a ride.........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Vick will take down others with him. You can't make me believe that not a single one of his teammates knew what he was doing. Of course they knew. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons Management knew. I wouldn't be surprised if their owner knew! Vick might just be the first domino. Once he starts sinking, he'll be trying to grab everyone else as well... my guess.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I wonder if Vick will take down others with him. You can't make me believe that not a single one of his teammates knew what he was doing. Of course they knew. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons Management knew. I wouldn't be surprised if their owner knew! Vick might just be the first domino. Once he starts sinking, he'll be trying to grab everyone else as well... my guess.
Well if we're going down that path then other players from other teams had to know, hell even other sports. This could have the potential to be a Pandora's Box disaster for sports in general.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if we're going down that path then other players from other teams had to know, hell even other sports. This could have the potential to be a Pandora's Box disaster for sports in general.
This and the NBA ref scandal could do a lot of damage to this nation's sports.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm willing to bet that he's already played his last down in his NFL Career. What he's doing is best for the game. I'm happy to see that he has the respect to do this. Props to him for that.

ATL should go after Culpepper... if he's still out there...
I agree with you too. I don't think we'll see Vick again in the NFL.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This and the NBA ref scandal could do a lot of damage to this nation's sports.
Ya, but we will still be way above all other country's leagues. Haha, look at the Italian soccer league. They were freaking rigging games.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Falcons sake they better hope he is involved to a lesser degree, takes a plea bargin for reduced/ little jail time, public image is slightly restored, and he returns.

I hate the thought of not winning for another 3-5 years or more. This team has a ton of potential needs, tons of changes going on on defense and in coaching philosophy, the Mike Vick incident(s), etc etc. If Vick is done with us then we take a QB high next year. That alone probably delays winning for 3 years, because that is usually when a QB finally starts to hit his prime.

Even worse is if a QB fails. You waste 3 years trying to develope him, fire the coach you employed after you fired the last one, draft another QB and hire another coach hoping for success. Detroit Lions for example (Steve Mariucci and Joey Harrington, fails and trys again with Rod Merinelli, stop-gap Jon Kitna and young and seemingly promising Drew Stanton).

On the other hand you have Vick, who while not amazing is above average and has potential when paired with a 'QB mastermind' in Petrino. You have no hole at the most important position, and with your top 5 pick the year without Vick you add some pieces to the puzzle (Jake Long/ Darren McFadden/ DeSean Jackson/ Sam Baker/ Barry Richardson/ Calais Campbell/ Kenny Phillips, etc.). I want to win.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move, whether it is the inital move or the only move. Vick at training camp would cause alot of unnecessary tension. A training camp atmosphere is much closer and intimate for the fans, and much less security. To subject an otherwise normal training camp to hordes of media coverage, excess security personnel, and protesters (and, if you will, "con"testers) would be just too much.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
For the Falcons sake they better hope he is involved to a lesser degree, takes a plea bargin for reduced/ little jail time, public image is slightly restored, and he returns.

I hate the thought of not winning for another 3-5 years or more. This team has a ton of potential needs, tons of changes going on on defense and in coaching philosophy, the Mike Vick incident(s), etc etc. If Vick is done with us then we take a QB high next year. That alone probably delays winning for 3 years, because that is usually when a QB finally starts to hit his prime.

Even worse is if a QB fails. You waste 3 years trying to develope him, fire the coach you employed after you fired the last one, draft another QB and hire another coach hoping for success. Detroit Lions for example (Steve Mariucci and Joey Harrington, fails and trys again with Rod Merinelli, stop-gap Jon Kitna and young and seemingly promising Drew Stanton).

On the other hand you have Vick, who while not amazing is above average and has potential when paired with a 'QB mastermind' in Petrino. You have no hole at the most important position, and with your top 5 pick the year without Vick you add some pieces to the puzzle (Jake Long/ Darren McFadden/ DeSean Jackson/ Sam Baker/ Barry Richardson/ Calais Campbell/ Kenny Phillips, etc.). I want to win.
I'm not going to express outrage over the fact that you want to overlook these off the field transgressions, I'm merely going to suggest that its best to not have high hopes for this year for the Falcons.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. I really have no problem with this. If he said this for the season I would, but not now.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sad news for us Vick supporters but maybe the best thing considering the distraction he would be
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not going to express outrage over the fact that you want to overlook these off the field transgressions, I'm merely going to suggest that its best to not have high hopes for this year for the Falcons.
Oh, no doubt. I have little to no expectation for this year. Hence the reason I said if Vick comes back we will have a top 5 pick to join him. I expect a 3-13 to 4-12 season.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a post on another board that made some sense, not sure if it's true or not, but whatever.

By suspending Vick from the camp, doesn't that free Vick from team punishment? If he were to miss Falcons camp, wouldn't the team have to punish him in someway for not making a camp, that I'm sure would be mandatory in his contract.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I saw a post on another board that made some sense, not sure if it's true or not, but whatever.

By suspending Vick from the camp, doesn't that free Vick from team punishment? If he were to miss Falcons camp, wouldn't the team have to punish him in someway for not making a camp, that I'm sure would be mandatory in his contract.
I'm pretty sure the league's ruling takes precedent in this matter.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the league's ruling takes precedent in this matter.

I know, but if he missed camp, wouldn't the Falcons suspend him for the camp, and fine him for not making it when it's in his contract? So basically he would have not been in the camp no matter what, but this saves him from fines and PETA harassment, is what I'm getting at.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roger Goodell's name has been spoken/seen in print FAR too much this offseason.

Goodell on Vick:

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

it is not goodell's fault that he took over the NFL admist it's worsts cases of players being criminal...these guys are grown ass men and deserve whatever is coming to them...PacMan right on down to Vick...

by the way, someone a few posts up said something about Vick taking a plea bargin for reduced time...that **** doesn't happen in Fed cases...they are out for blood and knowing how big of icon Vick is...doesn't make it any better...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
it is not goodell's fault that he took over the NFL admist it's worsts cases of players being criminal...these guys are grown ass men and deserve whatever is coming to them...PacMan right on down to Vick...
What has either been convicted of? If they've been convicted of something, wouldn't they have their respective sentences to serve? Wouldn't that be their punishment?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:

by the way, someone a few posts up said something about Vick taking a plea bargin for reduced time...that **** doesn't happen in Fed cases...they are out for blood and knowing how big of icon Vick is...doesn't make it any better...
I think LT's drug problems along with the trails and tribulations of the 90's Cowboys were bad situations that may have dwarfed these incidents.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think LT's drug problems along with the trails and tribulations of the 90's Cowboys were bad situations that may have dwarfed these incidents.
Exactly. If you were to look up the statistics, I'm sure that players aren't getting in trouble at a higher rate than they were in the 80s or 90s. It's just that we live in an age of sensationalism, where the media is super focused on player arrests because that's what people love to hear about.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Exactly. If you were to look up the statistics, I'm sure that players aren't getting in trouble at a higher rate than they were in the 80s or 90s. It's just that we live in an age of sensationalism, where the media is super focused on player arrests because that's what people love to hear about.
couldnt agree more
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

So Vick deserves to be punished even if he is innocent? That's really innovative thinking.

The Feds would be crazy to not look into a plea bargain. Vick has the best lawyers money can buy and has the ability to beat this charge. Prosecutors are almost always willing to give some sort of plea bargain because it saves time, resources, and eliminates the chance of the defendant beating the charge.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote