Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Winslow on pup :(

http://browns.scout.com/2/661186.html

League sources have informed The Orange and Brown Report that the team has officially changed Kellen Winslow's roster status to "Active/Physically Unable to Perform".

According to Scout.com's Adam Caplan, Winslow can be removed from this status at any time up until the point that final rosters are set. At that point, the team would have to remove him from PUP status, or he would not be able to play for the first six weeks of the season.

At present, though, the designation opens up an additional roster spot on the team.

Speculating, the roster status change likely means that Winslow won't be used in the opening days of training camp, and the Browns wish to use another roster spot either to evaluate a player or bring in another tight end to run plays starting on Friday.

The OBR's Lane Adkins comments that the status change "comes as no surprise, as Winslow was to be limited at best in the beginning stages of training camp".
Old 07-24-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

to call winslow a bandaid i think would be an understatement

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's just on there for training camp because he's not gonna be in TC and they want to see if they can find a diamond in the rough somewhere. Or at least I hope.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
He's just on there for training camp because he's not gonna be in TC and they want to see if they can find a diamond in the rough somewhere. Or at least I hope.
Me too, I just hate ANYTHING negative about Winslow, you have no idea how mad I was (well maybe you do) when the whole motorcycle thing happened. Lets hope he can be there week 1, I don't think he'd miss the Steelers game for the world.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

If this guy could stay healthy the Browns offence could really see a big improvement. They seem to have the pieces it just hasn't come together for them yet.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Me too, I just hate ANYTHING negative about Winslow, you have no idea how mad I was (well maybe you do) when the whole motorcycle thing happened. Lets hope he can be there week 1, I don't think he'd miss the Steelers game for the world.
You must be pissed off a lot, this guy has had more bad luck/stupid decisions than most guys have their whole careers, in his first three seasons.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He sure isn't built like a soldier

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry about K2. He's a f****** solider!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just taking advantage of the fact that he probably won't be able to fully participate the first few days of TC. He will undoubtabley play for the bulk of camp though after they activate him and will more than likely play in all the preseason games. Not really a big deal, not sure why we really have a thread on it, it seems like team discussions would be better suited.

But as for kellen's health, it is not like this is a new injury or something, it's just from that surgery he had earlier this year that he's recovering from which was in escence a scope on the knee he had repaired after that 2005 motorcycle injury. He was playing on basically one knee last year - the year he set the Browns season receptions record with 89 (first among tight ends in the NFL if I'm not mistaken). He should have another big year this year but with more TDs and a higher ypc average since his knee will be a lot stronger.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

I know but PUP raises an eyebrow, he was supposed to be ready for the beginning of TC... I expect him to be there September 9th and I'm not worried really its just frustrating I know he could be the best TE out there if his damn knee was healthy :/
Old 07-25-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With Bentley back and Steinbach, Brady Quinn and Joe Thomas added to the offense, the pieces are in place. Kellen is the go-to guy, Braylon I think is ready to break out...all they need is a running back, cuz Jamal is over the hill
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

If this guy could just stay healthy
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis is only 28. He was unhealthy and not in his best shape in 2005 and 2006. I expect that since he claims to be healthier than he has been in 2 years and now at a playing weight about 10-15 lbs. lighter than last year, and behind what should be a good Cleveland line that will make him the workhorse in that offense, Jamal might have a bounce back year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 with the Panthers. That said, Jamal is not the Browns' long term answer at RB and we do need to find a young stud RB to complete the offense.

Winslow is gonna built off of his great 2006 season this year, nothing to worry about.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Lewis is only 28. He was unhealthy and not in his best shape in 2005 and 2006. I expect that since he claims to be healthier than he has been in 2 years and now at a playing weight about 10-15 lbs. lighter than last year, and behind what should be a good Cleveland line that will make him the workhorse in that offense, Jamal might have a bounce back year ala Stephen Davis in 2003 with the Panthers. That said, Jamal is not the Browns' long term answer at RB and we do need to find a young stud RB to complete the offense.

Winslow is gonna built off of his great 2006 season this year, nothing to worry about.
Jamal is older then 28 with the way we ran him.

After the trial it was "Now my mind is clear you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

Last seasons pre-season "Now that I have a deal I won't have to worry about being hurt then not having any money, you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"
Old 07-25-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Well now that he is at a new franchise it is like a new beginning, so you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Well now that he is at a new franchise it is like a new beginning, so you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old.
He may put up better # then he did the past 2 seasons in Baltimore but if you expect him to run people over and out run DB I dont see that happening.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamal Lewis is done. That was a bad signing by Cleveland because they invested too much faith in him. People need to realize that that was then, and this is now. Players age, get slower etc, it happens. He's not the Jamal Lewis of 3 years ago. Probably will never be him again.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't a draft (or NFL) follower when Winslow came out. I imagine he has lost a step due to the injuries? Crazy he put up so many receptions last year after the injuries. People say he was a better prospect than Vernon, which is crazy.

On RB, I liked Jerome Harrison coming out. I imagine he hasn't shown anything.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Jamal is older then 28 with the way we ran him.

After the trial it was "Now my mind is clear you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"

Last seasons pre-season "Now that I have a deal I won't have to worry about being hurt then not having any money, you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old"
yeah exactly with Jamal Lewis I kind feel like Ive heard that before and at this point Im not buying into the hype again.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Jamal Lewis is done. That was a bad signing by Cleveland because they invested too much faith in him. People need to realize that that was then, and this is now. Players age, get slower etc, it happens. He's not the Jamal Lewis of 3 years ago. Probably will never be him again.
Sorry to disagree, but too much faith? They only gave him a one year contract!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Don't worry about K2. He's a f****** solider!!!
Indeed....a bona fide army of one

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I don't deny that Baltimore ran the hell out of Lewis, but I think the fact that he had less than 4 ypc the last couple years is more out of injuries and the shape he was in than the wear and tear on his body. Jamal can get some good years in and probably will be done by age 30, but he definitely can have a big year with new scenery. Very same situation as Stephen Davis when he moved out of Washington and into Carolina. Plus Jamal has a serious chip on his shoulder.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

God, even mcnabb says this KW2 gets hurt a lot......
Old 07-25-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ

What happened?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Browns fans, he said in Baltimore his mind was clear after the drug situation and he does nothing, he asked for a new contract we gave him 3 years w/ a option after the 1st season. He said "Now that if I get hurt I don't need to worry if I have a job or not you all will see the Jamal Lewis of old" He did nothing special.