Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Umm, well first of all Jonathon Wade is a rookie. Wade is also not going to be the starting CB in replacement of Brown, Ronald Bartell is pretty much guaranteed to be the 3rd CB (2nd with Brown out). On top of that, rumors are that the Rams staff is pretty impressed with Mike Rumph and Lenny Walls, and they really like their size 6'2" 206 and 6'4" 192 respectively. One of them will be the nickel CB while Brown is out. The Rams drafted Wade because of his upside, but he is still consider quite raw and probably won't see too much of the field on defense except for maybe dime situations. He is expected to see most of his action on special teams because of his speed.

The best candidate for breakout player for the Rams is probably FS- Oshiomogho Atogwe. Other possibilites are G's- Richie Incognito and Mark Setterstrom, C- Brett Romberg, DT- Claude Wroten, or CB- Tye Hill

Expect to hear most about Atogwe, Wroten, or Hill though, because it is difficult for offensive lineman to get media attention, especially if they are not tackles.
Wow, don't ask me why I thought Wade was a second year player. I'll change that. Incognito is a good pick. He was a monster a year ago and didn't get alot of attention for it.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 07-25-2007 at 11:12 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice writeup.

I like the Bengals pick, Tab was very useful on offense in the two games he played last year before he was hurt. He won't be the deep threat Henry is but I think he'll produce more first downs and get as many redzone touches. I can tell you're a AFCN fan by picking him, you have to really watch to notice that.

I do feel like Ahmad Brooks will flat out explode.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

a lot of people are picking b.jones for the titans and i can see why, but it would probably actually help vince more if chris brown or lenwhale broke out instead. good choice though.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Wallace doing much but playing some 3rd down sets and ST's.

I dont' think Foote is nearly as bad as you make him out to be. He's not great but he's solid.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What you said about the Steelers and Larry Foote is completely wrong. In fact Larry Foote outplayed James Farrior last year, no one complains about Foote in fact we look at him as one of the more consistant players on the team.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
What you said about the Steelers and Larry Foote is completely wrong. In fact Larry Foote outplayed James Farrior last year, no one complains about Foote in fact we look at him as one of the more consistant players on the team.
The reason I didn't say that is... If your a Steeler fan, and are content with his player, your wearing the homer glasses.

Wallace has never done anything to look like he'd be a starter.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Cutler pick. Him or Marshall would have done, depending on where you view Cutler. In my mind, 20-25 TDs wouldn't be a big shock, but to the people who didn't see a lot of him due to his limited games, it would definitely be a big shock. Either way, I expect pretty big things out of both of them, as both showed a whole lot of promise. Scheffler too, although the acquisition of Graham could slow him a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my personal picks...

Titans - Brandon Jones
Broncons - Brandon Marshall
Bills - JP Losman
Chargers - Vincent Jackson
Panthers - DeAngelo Williams
Falcons - Jerious Norwood

I'm sure I'll think of some others.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't disagree more with Jarrett Johnson breaking out. If any LB for us breaks out it will either be Cody or Barnes when they decide Johnson isn't good enough to start.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good write-up. My only complaint is that some of those players already broke out.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally agree with the Pollard choice.He and Page will be a dynamic duo for many years to come
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i disagree with Welker for Patriots. no Patriot ever really got a high amount of TDs. his #s wont rise really but he'll be vital like Troy used to be on 3rd down and such

a better choice is Ellis Hobbs. Stepping up with Asante crying like a baby and he plays with a lot of heart. You see him 1 play get beat last year. what does he do? goes on kickoff and gets a huge return

he broke his wrist and toughed it out and played with a cast. he got benched at 1 point of the year and was our nickel back. i think it was the 1st time we used him as a KR last season, he broke a50 yarder. you cant beat this kid mentally. he may sound cocky but he plays bigger than his 5"8.5 height and he always rebounds. Hes certainly got the tools. 4.4 speed, 39 inch verticle. he'll be a good player for us next year. watch

he was our #1 CB last year before he hurt his wrist and Asante went to the left side

he shut down Lee Evans first game of the week

Last edited by remix 6 : 07-25-2007 at 12:15 PM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Safe selection for the Redskins. I see Campbell finally coming together though, making a bigger impact. Taylor however should improve with a competent safety next to him. This is Campbell's first consecutive year behind the same playbook, Saunders is at the helm, Portis/Betts are a great backfield to fall back on, formidable Oline.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
KWill93
Rookie

KWill93 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sean Taylor has been to a Pro Bowl so how is he gonna break out any more?

Sig by Ctmagic24
KWill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Falcons Norwood is a alright pick. I expect roughly 1,000 yards rushing and 6 rushing TD.

Other good, more orginial, choices IMO are Michael Boley (although he already had a good year), Jonathan Babineaux (although he was already top 5 in tfl for DT), Jimmy Williams, and hopefully (although unlikely) Joey Harrington or a WR.
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons should be hoping that Harrington becomes a breakout player. Or maybe he gets some help from Michael Jenkins and/or Roddy White...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWill93 View Post
Sean Taylor has been to a Pro Bowl so how is he gonna break out any more?

Because his ceiling is freakishly high. Last season to me, was Taylor's worst.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with PalmertoCJ, I think Brooks is going to flat out blow up this season.

For the Jets, I think Ferguson is an interesting pick but not sure if I see it happening. I hope it does, but I'm not convinced. The Jets have a lot of wild cards to break out, but it's nowhere near certain that any of them will. A few thoughts:

WR/Ath Brad Smith- Used as a decoy last season, the team may try to get the ball into his hands more this year in many different ways. Possibly the biggest playmaker on our offense, but it really depends on his knowledge of the offense as he'll be playing all over the place, as well as his development.

DE Michael Haynes- Former first round pick that never really developed for the Bears. Will a change of scenery, as well as scheme, cause a breakout? Perhaps.

G Adrien Clarke- The staff likes him and he seems the most likely to replace Pete Kendall at the LG spot. A big guy (330) on a small line, I think run block well and could make a name for himself, considering he's coming out of pretty much nowhere.

I also think a name to look out for a few years from now is WR Jesse Pellot-Rosa, former VCU basketball player. He certainly has the skills and is an interesting story to watch.

On other teams, I think Mario Williams is going to aboslutely explode for the Texans, same with Vernon Davis for the 49ers, though those are obvious picks. I could see Braylon Edwards and Roddy White having big seasons as well, but those are more up in the air my eyes.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Yeah Vernon is going to have a huge year, and I think he'll put himself in the top 5. He's a great pick for the niners, but I've mentioned him in some previous posts and I felt that I would go away from the obvious one and go with a more obscure name with Aubrayo Franklin.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Some of my personal picks...

Titans - Brandon Jones
Broncons - Brandon Marshall
Bills - JP Losman
Chargers - Vincent Jackson
Panthers - DeAngelo Williams
Falcons - Jerious Norwood

I'm sure I'll think of some others.
Thats a good list....I especially like Brandon Marshall

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Yeah Vernon is going to have a huge year, and I think he'll put himself in the top 5. He's a great pick for the niners, but I've mentioned him in some previous posts and I felt that I would go away from the obvious one and go with a more obscure name with Aubrayo Franklin.
Other Niners worthy of mention:
Marcus Hudson, Brandon Williams, Arnaz Battle and I would have said Melvin Oliver but he got injured.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For everyone saying Jerious Norwood, I hope so because Warrick Dunn cannot stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoworld
Warrick Dunn last week underwent surgery for a herniated disc and is expected to miss six weeks.

And the hits just keep on coming for the Falcons. Dunn wasn't fully recovered from a prior shoulder surgery, and this puts his readiness for the season in doubt. Really, his football future is in question and he's now more of a late-round fantasy pick. This gives Jerious Norwood a chance to take hold of the starting job with Dunn clearly behind him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
For everyone saying Jerious Norwood, I hope so because Warrick Dunn cannot stay healthy.
I like Norwood, but does everyone think he can handle a full load?

For the Eagles, I think Juqua Thomas could have a good year. Another possible breakout candidate I'd say would be Reggie Brown. He's a very good #2 right now, and this being his third year in the league he could possibly make the leap to a #1.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Addai is the standard pick for Indy, but I am still on the Freddie Keiaho bandwagon as are others. Keiaho plays with a high amount of energy and should actually help the run-defense out tremendously. I expect big, big things from him.

Kelvin Hayden deserves some buzz too.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Canty is a good pick for the Cowboys. I think that one of the DEs will have a great year, and right now I think that this guy will be Hatcher, he made some huge plays last year and he's a very good penetrator for Phillips system. The other one who has the potential to break-out for the Cowboys is Spencer. Ellis is still suffering from his achilles injury and he has a chance to start.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote