Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
The Saints had a lackluster secondary last season, due in part to Fred Thomas' bad play and Roman Harper being out for some of the year. Bullocks is one of the reasons why I feel the secondary can turn their play around. Coverage is a strength for Bullocks, and his style complements Roman Harper well. Bullocks will have a good year along with Harper and they will form a nice young safety duo.
I hope you're right about Bullocks. Last season he struggled after Harper went out. I don't know if he felt he had to do too much, but he sometimes wasn't in the spots he was supposed to be. This season the guys around him in the Secondary should be better, and he'll have Kaesviharn pushing him. So I hope he responds well, he did have a tendancy to drop some picks last season I hope he hangs onto those this year.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Carpenter.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Josh Bullocks isn't a bad choice, but I would go with TE, Eric Johnson. When healthy, Eric is one of the best receiving threats at TE in the NFL. And with the amount of weapons the Saints have on Offense, I think Eric with be open often while the Defense is trying to focus on McAllister, Bush, Colston, Henderson and Meachem.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm looking for big things from

WLB-Freddie Keiaho-may not be as good in coverage as June but a better tackler by far

CB's Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden-the two were drafted back-to-back, they bring a much more physical presence than Harper and David did. It'll be interesting to see how the two fair because a very talented young man by the name of Daymeion Hughes is waiting in the wings.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Wow, don't ask me why I thought Wade was a second year player. I'll change that. Incognito is a good pick. He was a monster a year ago and didn't get alot of attention for it.
No problem, just thought I'd give ya the heads up so the list can contain no rookies. Incognito really was a stud last year, but like I said before, it's going to be hard for an O-lineman to get media attention.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well since Briggs will play, my break out player for the Bears is Mark Bradley.

Other teams:
WAS - Jason Campbell
Pack - Vernand Morency/Brandon Jackson
Vikes - Sidney Rice
Texans - Owen Daniels
ATL - Jerious Norwood
Ten - Brandon Jones/Bo Scaife/Ben Troupe

Pretty much the norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Vikings, I'd say Ray Edwards, if idiot Childress decides to start him.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
i think jackson is going to win the starting RB spot from morency. i also think he will be a great fit for the packers scheme and will excell and be the out of no where contender for ROTY.
I don't like putting rookies in the break out category.

I guess I can use this thread to pimp my boy. VVV
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
i think jackson is going to win the starting RB spot from morency. i also think he will be a great fit for the packers scheme and will excell and be the out of no where contender for ROTY.
so you would pick him over Collins, Jennings, Hawk, and Colledge who have already played, i dont mean to dump on a packer, but those guys are all due for one

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my steeler breakout list:

1.santonio holmes-nearly got 1000 yards and only started 4 games.HUGE playmaker and will only get better..with us opening the playbook more i can see him get at least 1200 and 10...

2.anthony smith-he played great when he did and i expect him to do even better this year..he can hit and cover really well..i wouldnt be suprised if he gets pro bowl concideration but he most likely wont..he will have a great year

3.james harrison-hes starting for right now and i believe he will lead the team in sacks and big plays..everytime he starts he always has a great game so i expect him to have a great season

honerable mention:
brett keisel
bryant mcfadden
ben roethlisburger
heath miller
Old 07-25-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Did you seriously just mention Big Ben on a breakout player list?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Did you seriously just mention Big Ben on a breakout player list?
um yes i did
Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
um yes i did
A RotY season isn't breakout enough for you?

And LOL at Holmes getting at least 1200 yards and 10 TD's, only 5 recievers got those TD numbers and only 4 got that kind of yardage, with Marvin Harrison being the only one with both.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 07-26-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jay cutler of the denver broncos... anyone back me up on this
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
yeah sure why not?
Mike Bell too
Any chance of a no name on the Broncs like Andre Hall or Paul Smith haveing a big year?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
I think he'll be decent but not exactly break out. Brandon Marshall is who I think will hit it big in Denver.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
1.santonio holmes-nearly got 1000 yards and only started 4 games.HUGE playmaker and will only get better..with us opening the playbook more i can see him get at least 1200 and 10...
Let's not go overboard here.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Let's not go overboard here.
That's about right on par with steeler fan predictions.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

no no i wasnt tryin to sound liek a homer..all i was saying is that he had 824 yards starting only 4 games..and if he started all 16 or more he couldve had more..
Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i have given up on trying to bring steelers fans back to earth.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Willy-Tstr8UpG

Going back to the first post in this topic - If Cutler becomes a top 6-7 signal caller, Broncos stroll to the superbowl this year, and Im not even a Bronco fan.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-Tstr8UpG View Post
Going back to the first post in this topic - If Cutler becomes a top 6-7 signal caller, Broncos stroll to the superbowl this year, and Im not even a Bronco fan.
Based on what? It's not like they're an absolutely dominant team outside of him, why would him being a good quarterback suddenly make them one?

Designs by D-Unit

Old 07-26-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

there defense has issues.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bills, I hope that

*Kevin Everett
*Josh Reed
*Roscoe Parrish
*John McCargo
*Ashton Youboty
*Keith Ellison
*Duke Preston
*Langston Walker all break out.

I'm expecting Walker, Ellison, Youboty, and Parrish to break out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote