Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Priest Not Done Yet?

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/661376.html

According to a report from 610 Sports in Kansas City, Holmes is planning a comeback. If true, this makes things very interesting for Larry Johnson and the Chiefs.

When the report broke late Tuesday evening, our league source confirmed itís probable that if Holmes is medically cleared, heíll show up sometime in the first three of four days of training camp next week.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

He's only a shadow of his former self and was likely overrated to begin with. I can't see him bearing any serious responsibility in the NFL.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Priest, but I think he is best off staying retired.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any thing he would be a 3rd down back he is a much better blocker then LJ and has better hands. I disagree with the part about things getting interesting with LJ I don't think this changes any thing it is not like Priest is going to beat out LJ for the job.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
If any thing he would be a 3rd down back he is a much better blocker then LJ and has better hands. I disagree with the part about things getting interesting with LJ I don't think this changes any thing it is not like Priest is going to beat out LJ for the job.
It changes the contract talks between LJ and the Chiefs. If a healthy Priest Holmes is able to play at even 75% or 80% of his former self, they might not be as worried of a holdout now.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
It changes the contract talks between LJ and the Chiefs. If a healthy Priest Holmes is able to play at even 75% or 80% of his former self, they might not be as worried of a holdout now.
I disagree don't get me wrong I love Priest he is one of my favorite Chiefs of all time but the guy has not played in over a year he is 34 and can't stay on the field. We all know Herm loves to run the ball even more then DV no way Priest is any thing more then a 3rd down back for the chiefs I don't see how this changes any thing.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

I would loved if he made a comeback last year but at this point he should stay retired. At 34 or 35 he just wont be able to do it.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man just when I think we're through with the Holmes sags this news breaks.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

RB Priest Holmes to report to training camp Saturday
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFLive also said trade talks for LJ could start up (Chris Mortenson). Falcons need to be looking at him if available, also should probably inquire on Byron Leftwich's availability. If we are content with our current team we are content with losing.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmes should just watch them play on his huge screen at home or stadium seats.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
NFLive also said trade talks for LJ could start up (Chris Mortenson). Falcons need to be looking at him if available, also should probably inquire on Byron Leftwich's availability. If we are content with our current team we are content with losing.
I'm surprised I hadn't thought of it, but Larry Johnson would be an excellent fit in Atlanta. LJ would replace the void of Vick from the fans' interest - see 2003 when Vick broke his leg and the Falcons lead the league in season-ticket holding no-shows - but is much more marketable for Blank and the Falcons franchise.

Petrino wants to move to a more power-oriented running game, and you can't get better than LJ, who also catches the ball pretty well and could pair with Harrington. With Joe Horn and the young receivers also benefiting from the play action pass, the Falcons might actually be in a better position to make a run at the playoffs despite the potential loss of Vick (for a season? for good?).

I'm honestly surprised as to why Rich McKay hasn't received more heat than he has, if not also have his job in question/jeopardy by Blank, after seeing how the highly expensive investment in Vick penned by McKay has potentially gone sour. Even if Petrino is a recent hire and has three years to make his mark, I don't think McKay has that security and needs the team to get back to the playoffs sooner rather than later.

Getting rid of Dunn should free up some cap space, and imo the Falcons can and will go after a good deal of bonus money from Vick once he's in default of his contract (hence why it doesn't make sense to cut him outright at the moment). I believe PFT estimated as much as $20M could be recouped by the Falcons.

But the only question is how much will it take to pry LJ from the King Carl? He's going to ask for a king's ransom, pun intended, for a Top 5 back in LJ.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it depends on what the chances of LJ resigning are. They can lose LJ as a free agent or get something for him. Most veterans don't get much. A yonger, less talented (but still talented) back in Willis McGahee was traded for 2 3rds and a 4th. Marshall Faulk was younger and was having a better career when he was traded for a 2nd and a 5th.

Overall, I would guess a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Maybe a later pick as well. No way would we give a first, that's suicide for a veteran back and our pick will be top 10 probably even with LJ.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind that the Chiefs could franchise tag LJ after this season, so it's not a guarantee that he'd be a free agent after 2007.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Keep in mind that the Chiefs could franchise tag LJ after this season, so it's not a guarantee that he'd be a free agent after 2007.
They'd definitly tag him, in fact if he produced again they could tag him again the next season.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Especially when LJ is the Kansas City Chiefs offense.

If Priest Holmes makes good on his appearance to TC, it won't take him long to see firsthand that Willie Roaf, Will Shields, and Trent Green aren't on the team anymore.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

If any one trades for LJ he is still going to want a new long term deal and he wants LT money and has not backed off of that stance as of now and the Chiefs want the moon for him in a trade. I think something will get worked out in the long run with LJ getting a fat deal but not LT money I don't see the Chiefs dealing him unless they have all ready backed this season in. The only team that has called as of now has been GB and they only wanted to give up a 3rd round pick lol.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If it weren't for all the money LJ wants I think a team would have already offered a 1st for him. Green Bay seems like the obvious place for him to land, but I don't know if they'll spend they money to sign him.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRunLeft View Post
If it weren't for all the money LJ wants I think a team would have already offered a 1st for him. Green Bay seems like the obvious place for him to land, but I don't know if they'll spend they money to sign him.
From want I understand they do want to make a move for him but they have all ready said they would not give him the kinda money he wants either.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

15 Games In 3 Years (48 Games)

hopefully he doesnt hurt him self worst

but i love to watch him again

2003 - 16 Games , 300 Atps , 1400 Yards , 27 Tds
2004 - 8 Games , 200 Atps , 900 Yards , 14 Tds
2005 - 7 Games , 100 Atps , 400 Yards , 6 Tds
2006 - 0 Games , 0 Atps , 0 Yards , 0 Tds

Last edited by The Legend : 07-25-2007 at 07:56 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Priest is just acting as a catalyst for the contract talks. The Chiefs fake like they're ready to move on without LJ. If they are seriously considering having Priest come back and be their every down back, they are nuts.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Maybe Priest is just acting as a catalyst for the contract talks. The Chiefs fake like they're ready to move on without LJ. If they are seriously considering having Priest come back and be their every down back, they are nuts.
I don't think anybody is looking at Priest as being a full time back. He'll be playing in a part time role.

Call me crazy, though, but I also think that Priest still has enough spark in him to be a very nice complimentary back to LJ.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
From want I understand they do want to make a move for him but they have all ready said they would not give him the kinda money he wants either.
Trust me , you don't understand what Ted Thompson wants. No one does. It's pure speculation.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ for Justin Blaylock and Jerious Norwood.

I don't care.

LJ for Blaylock and next years 3rd and 7th.

I dont cate.

If they are going to move him MOVE HIM!!!

END SPECULATION!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4 weeks Dunn is out. Interesting.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote