Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either would be real cool. I still like this guy most...

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My hopes for the draft are (in no particular order):

Earl Bennett, WR, Vandy

Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

Brandon Flowers, CB, Virgina Tech

Johnathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Stewart alot. I prefer those stocky, strong base type RB ala Jamal Lewis. I wouldn't mind getting him at all.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming that we keep both our first rounders I want a WR in round 1. We need someone to replace the old guys, and Owens and Glenn could still be an elite tandem until the rookie develope. This could be the best situation for a rookie WR, imo.

If we don't resign Julius, I would like Jamal Charles on the first day. I think he will have a great season for the longhorns and that he can be a very special player in the NFL.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami(FL)
1. Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
2 (TRADE UP). Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbuilt
4. Terrance Taylor, NT, Michigan
5. Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU
6. Matt Flynn, QB, LSU
7. Darrell Robertson, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech

Very early, but that's what I'd want today.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that CB and possibly WR should be tops on our list. RB possibly, but depends on how JJ plays this year and if we re-sign him.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I think that CB and possibly WR should be tops on our list. RB possibly, but depends on how JJ plays this year and if we re-sign him.
The way Joey Thomas is sounding, CB might not be that big afterall...

WR... I've definitely come to the conclusion that you don't need to get one in Round 1, unless they are outer worldly. I'd rather go FA or trade for an established WR (doesn't have to be All Pro).

I love the Kenny Phillips talk... it all depends on Hamlin.

I think we may be overrating our DEs a bit. They are young, but they need to start showing something this year or we need to move on. Tyson Jackson is high on my list... I wonder if Dorsey could play DE in the 3-4....

RB may be more realistic than we think.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey is 6'2" tall, which would be small by DE stndards in a 3-4. I wouldn't draft a guy in the top 10 like Dorsey will go and then switch his position (DWare being an exception to this rule).

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No more DEs and/or OLBs, damnit!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

You say that now, but what if you drafted a super stud, Richard Seymour Esque for this team. I think that would make the defense the best in the league for years to come.

That being said, I still like a CB in the first round.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 08-03-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Put me down as wanting Glenn Dorsey with our first pick.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
Put me down as wanting Glenn Dorsey with our first pick.
And put me down on the other side. Talented and dynamic kid, but I don't see why we would need him. DE? Were pretty set with a wealth of young and talented guys at that position. NT? Not what you call ideal size. I don't like the idea much at all.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
You say that now, but what if you drafted a super stud, Richard Seymour Esque for this team. I think that would make the defense the best in the league for years to come.

That being said, I still like a CB in the first round.
Put me in that camp as well.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Put me down for BPA. LOL.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

who knows? if romo doesnt do well this year the could always go QB too.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scratch qb off the list. :)

corner and left tackle for me
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK I have a couple of things to get off my chest. Seems like I just got done saying this. It feels like every year we go into the season with the same needs as before. This isn't completely true but that is how I'm gonna base my prospects off of.

Number 1
Our WR's are old...how many times have we heard this....We've been hearing this since TO got here...it's time to bring in some youth. If we go early put me in the Desean Jackson fan club. Later on there are some OK guys but Jackson screams what we need to me.

Number 2
CB Depth...we have nothing behind our top 3 and henry and glenn are on the wrong side of thirty. I would love to see us land an impact corner in the top 10...but no guy has a clear shot at this point. Depending on season and offseason workouts I would be ready to spend a top 10 pick on a CB since there is such a premium on the position. However it will have to fall subject to that talent drop off between the CB and WR position. The way it is looking from my POV CB position will be deeper with top talent than the WR pool...so we wait until our second pick to pick up a CB. Aqib Talib from Kansas is my ideal pick at this point. He is 6-1 and has the size and strength to play Wade's Scheme...not to mention we have a good player out of Kstate who seemed to turn out for us. Talib depending on how everything turns out could be good value towards the end of the first round...but this might be getting my hopes too high.

Number 3
NT behind furgy.....nothing seems to be on the radar at this point...I really don't see anyone to fall in love with. If I had to pick a guy right now I'd probably have to go with Fili Moala from USC. Ellis might be the guy getting all the hype...but Moala is the guy who is flying under that radar. It should also help with Ellis and Jackson on the line Moala should be able to be disruptive. He is only a RS Jr. but he has a think body who has experience at the nose(when ellis went out last year) and played great even tho the overall defense didn't perform as well. But he also has the quickness to get into the backfield. I find it unlikely that he declares...but if he has the season that I could see him having he might be tempted to leave early with wide bodies being far and few between in this draft.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty

Last edited by thule : 08-04-2007 at 05:59 PM.
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I really do like Jackson a lot thule. Much Much more than your boy Ginn. If we got him, I'd be stoked. I just think it wouldn't be maximum value.

CB depth is a concern, so I can see picking a top CB... so long as someone steps up this year. I'm not really loving this year's class right now.

We could get desperate. I hope very badly that Fergy doesn't go down this season. I wanted Tank Tyler. Sooner or later we will need that mammoth NT holding down the fort. Maybe there will be one worthy of the pick with our own first rounder.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I really do like Jackson a lot thule. Much Much more than your boy Ginn. If we got him, I'd be stoked. I just think it wouldn't be maximum value.

Jackson is the more NFL ready prospect and should be adjusted to the game a whole lot earlier. I still think Ginn has the higher ceiling but Jackson is a hell of a lot less raw that is for sure. Jackson would be a great guy to step in behind Glenn right away. Who knows how much longer Glenn will play. With our young WR's playing good...I'll take a shifty guy who can not only be a playmaker but also return punts...since we have still yet to fill that void.

CB depth is a concern, so I can see picking a top CB... so long as someone steps up this year. I'm not really loving this year's class right now.

Key word is someone needs to step up. I don't exactly see that top ten value pick at this point...but I do think it will be a deep class. Their might not be an elite talent but there definately is some good young talent that would make a top 3 roster spot in our secondary next year

We could get desperate. I hope very badly that Fergy doesn't go down this season. I wanted Tank Tyler. Sooner or later we will need that mammoth NT holding down the fort. Maybe there will be one worthy of the pick with our own first rounder.

We can only hope there is a first round worthy NT in this draft...but the only guy I see having a slight chance is Okam...and I'm not even sold he has the body type to play the NT in a 3-4. Plus with the DT from texas the past couple of years it's no lock that he even lives up to his preseason bidding. Great NT's are far and few between. Maybe we'll get lucky and find someone on Waivers this season or hope some guy gets pissed at his team to move or move on to FA...those are probably the two best hopes that I see right now.
answers in bold

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-05-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Everyone is worried about Ferguy, but you guys realize he's just one year older than Jamal Williams from San Diego right? He's not injury prone either. I'm not saying I'm not worried, I'm just saying that it's not nearly as dire as some people make it.

I also think it's alot easier to find an adequate NT than as viewed on this board. Getting an Elite NT isn't easy, but you don't need that position to be elite.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Everyone is worried about Ferguy, but you guys realize he's just one year older than Jamal Williams from San Diego right? He's not injury prone either. I'm not saying I'm not worried, I'm just saying that it's not nearly as dire as some people make it.

I also think it's alot easier to find an adequate NT than as viewed on this board. Getting an Elite NT isn't easy, but you don't need that position to be elite.
It's not his age that worries me. It's his ability. While adequate, it's not exceptional. The guy does not command a double team. He simply doesn't. He plays more like an under tackle than a nose tackle.

Also the high amount of pounding for the position. I gotta give credit to Ferg for staying healthy... but it only takes one... and at his age, recovery time is not so speedy. Things could be disastrous if he goes down. It's such a key position, that people don't think is important because there is not much glamour in it. To think any ole big guy can do it and it's easy to fill is just not correct.

I don't think it's that easy to find one. First off the size is hard to find. Secondly, talent. I wish it was as easy as finding a guy with that size and plugging any ole joe shmo in there, but it isn't.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's not his age that worries me. It's his ability. While adequate, it's not exceptional. The guy does not command a double team. He simply doesn't. He plays more like an under tackle than a nose tackle.

Also the high amount of pounding for the position. I gotta give credit to Ferg for staying healthy... but it only takes one... and at his age, recovery time is not so speedy. Things could be disastrous if he goes down. It's such a key position, that people don't think is important because there is not much glamour in it. To think any ole big guy can do it and it's easy to fill is just not correct.

I don't think it's that easy to find one. First off the size is hard to find. Secondly, talent. I wish it was as easy as finding a guy with that size and plugging any ole joe shmo in there, but it isn't.

There is no doubt that we could get a better NT, but Fergie is not bad. Again, since we all think he's adequate (I'd even say he's above average/good as a NT, but whatever) it's the depth that bothers us. Well my point is that ANY team is 1 play away from using their backup at any position. His age is roughly the same as Jamal Williams, but yet no one is clammering for SD to draft another NT.

I'd love to have a premier NT, but I don't think it's a position that you have to have a premier player at.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
There is no doubt that we could get a better NT, but Fergie is not bad. Again, since we all think he's adequate (I'd even say he's above average/good as a NT, but whatever) it's the depth that bothers us. Well my point is that ANY team is 1 play away from using their backup at any position. His age is roughly the same as Jamal Williams, but yet no one is clammering for SD to draft another NT.

I'd love to have a premier NT, but I don't think it's a position that you have to have a premier player at.
I understand that we are worried about depth at this position... and many teams have that issue at varying positions... but we have the luxury of worrying about NT because our depth is generally very good elsewhere. Also, this will be the 3rd year in a row with the same worry.

Preferably, I would not want to spend a first round pick on one, but I do think we need to address it... whether it be via FA, trade or the draft.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:06 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say nt. I really dont see any other position that needs help like nt. It is early in the season, but come on... Behind Owens and Glenn, you have Crayton, Hurd...at least some names. There isn't even a name behind Fergie.

Also, I watch a lot of Longhorn football. Although Okam has all the potential in the world, he hasnt showed me anything. This is a big year for him and he may have a good year, but I just havent seen crap from him yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I would just like to point out...I'm sure you got it LSU but that mock I threw up was just on our biggest needs right now. How crazy is it to think we haven't had to draft a starter in 2 years if everything stands fold.

Designs by me
Quote: