Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Derrick Johnson is a big hitter but he def does not deserve to be in the top 10, top 15 for that matter. Now although he dosent belong on that list to say he isnt a big hitter is ludacris.
Are you watching the same player as me? Johnson is a wrap-up tackler. He doesn't knock guys blocks off, at least not regularly. He's a bit lanky and is not known for running around and crushing guys.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree DJ is a wrap up tackler and should not be on the list but to say he can't make people "Jacked Up" is wrong he can and has from time to time he is just more of a text book tackler.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i think in a few years anthony smith could be on there
**** withj Anthony Smith. u overrate him tremendously. u squeelers keep saying: in a few years he'll be t he best cover safety..biggest hitter. ****. he aint god. shut up about him
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Are you watching the same player as me? Johnson is a wrap-up tackler. He doesn't knock guys blocks off, at least not regularly. He's a bit lanky and is not known for running around and crushing guys.
Being a wrapup tackler dosent mean you arent a hard hitter. Just because he wraps up and you dont see the other player hit the ground imediately doesnt mean that DJ didnt lay the wood, he comes in fast, hits you hard, wraps up and falls on you. He's a good hitter. Again, he isnt a top 20 big hitter but he is a big hitter.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
**** withj Anthony Smith. u overrate him tremendously. u squeelers keep saying: in a few years he'll be t he best cover safety..biggest hitter. ****. he aint god. shut up about him
ok first off i never said he was god

second off i said that he COULD be on this list..that means 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1..i said could and he has the potential too.never said he will..just said could..hell if people are saying derrick johnson then why not anthony smith...i think hes a good cover saftey never said he was the best..so stop trying to compare me to the other steeler fans taht are saying that...
Old 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I agree DJ is a wrap up tackler and should not be on the list but to say he can't make people "Jacked Up" is wrong he can and has from time to time he is just more of a text book tackler.
Exactly, just because he's textbook dosent mean he dosent lay the wood.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ray Ray and Rodney should switch spots, but thats about it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it should be:

1. Sean Taylor
2. Shawne Merriman
3. Roy Williams

That would be my top 3 as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys who launch themselves look like they are hitting harder when in reality sometimes they aren't. DJ doesn't launch himself so thats why there looks like a difference.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

no urlacher?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
no urlacher?
i thought that as well

Old 07-26-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derrick Johnson and Jonathan Vilma? You kidding? They both are not big hitters at all.
Ware isn't a great hitter, neither. He's a great tackler, and he never misses a tackle but he doens't deliver big hits so often.. Honestly I've seen all games Ware has played in the NFL and I don't remember a single one big hit by him...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Ware isn't a great hitter, neither. He's a great tackler, and he never misses a tackle but he doens't deliver big hits so often.. Honestly I've seen all games Ware has played in the NFL and I don't remember a single one big hit by him...
His size/speed combination makes his hits a lot harder than a Vilma/Johnson though. Just getting hit by that big of a man at that speed will leave you gasping for breath.

I just don't see Vilma or Johnson as "big hitters". They tackle well but it's not like they put fear into opposing players.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
I disagree. Anthony Smith most certainly IS god.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His size/speed combination makes his hits a lot harder than a Vilma/Johnson though. Just getting hit by that big of a man at that speed will leave you gasping for breath.
Yes that's true, but he doesn't have the occasion to hit a guy full speed, he's more of wrap-up tackler. The biggest hit he had in his NFL career was the one he made on Peyton Manning, when the OL didn't block him and he ran free at him forcing a fumble.

It's the first play in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5fSWBcx7o

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he isnt the player he used to be...but john lynch deserves to be on that list much more then rodney harrison does...lynch still knocks people the **** out. Of course, he cant cover at all anymore, but that isnt the point of this thread...lynch should for sure be on there
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Where is Michael Lewis on this? I remember some pretty good hits a couple of years ago before he was benched by Philly.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Where is Michael Lewis on this? I remember some pretty good hits a couple of years ago before he was benched by Philly.
Key word right there

Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ken Hamlin deserved consideration for this list
Old 07-26-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sean Taylor number 1 cant argue with that
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
no urlacher?
Actually when healthy Mike Brown is a harder hitter pound for pound. Hell Archuleta probably is too. Not to say that Urlacher can't knock the hell out of people, but he's not even the hardest hitter pound for pound on the team.

Actually Todd Johnson can destroy people..unfortunately for him he's not good enough in coverage to ever be anything more than a backup/special teams player in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

ST is no question number one, but SI didn't even both to put him in the top 10 most feared? Typical of SI...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

JOHN LYNCH are u kidding that is like that reason why he is known so well. Just ask like all the players in Cincinati he completly took over and won us that game.This is blasphemy
Old 07-26-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Bernard Pollard will be on this list next year bet that.
Most deffinitely
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

pollard is a punk