Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://www.tampabaybucs.com/

Jul 26, 2007 -

At the end of a busy first day of training camp, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made one more very noteworthy roster move.

Shortly before 7:00 p.m., the Buccaneers announced that veteran defensive end Simeon Rice has been terminated/failed physical.

The move comes before Rice was to begin his seventh season with Tampa Bay. Most of his 2006 campaign was lost to a shoulder injury that limited him to eight games and severely affected his production before he went on injured reserve.

General Manager Bruce Allen is scheduled to address the media from the team’s training camp headquarters at the Celebration Hotel at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday night. Allen will discuss the Rice termination in addition to other topics.

In his six seasons as a Buccaneer, Rice tallied 69.5 sacks, third most in team history. He had at least 11 sacks in each of his first five seasons in Tampa. Including his five years with the Arizona Cardinals, who drafted him third overall in 1996, Rice has career totals that include 584 tackles, 121 sacks and 37 forced fumbles.

______

They say he failed a physical, but didn't they do that with Lynch when he got out of there too? I remember them making some bs about him failing a physical. He did have that shoulder problem last year though.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
they signed dewayne white in FA as well.
ahh...I forgot about him, I think he might be the pass-rusher they needed...I guess Rice could go a number of places, really any team that could use a boost to their pass-rush, and the truth is DE is one of those positions you can never have enough players at, almost every team would do good to add someone who can rush the passer like Rice so I could see him going a lot of places at the end of the day.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, failed physical.

Shelton Quarles part deaux.

Welcome to Tampa, Daunte.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
If he's going for vet min, the Skins or Lions would defiantly grab him.
LMAO, if he's going for the vet minimum, there will be more than two teams in the running.

I think Detroit and Minnesota are obvious contenders for his services. I wouldn't rule out the Broncos too, since they seem to have a Pokemon approach ("gotta have 'em all!") to the defensive line this offseason.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict the Redskins will sign him to an exorbitant contract. I am a bold predictor of all things NFL.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
I predict the Redskins will sign him to an exorbitant contract. I am a bold predictor of all things NFL.
I have a feeling that your right on the money with that bold prediction lol
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
no wai!!!!!
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

hes the Broncos to lose....i rly want him
Old 07-26-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, all that talk he ran last year about how much he loves Rod Marinelli is going to be put to the test right now big time.

I cannot imagine for one second that the Lions wouldn't be going after him. Though it would be just like them to say na, we're happy with our DE rotation of White, Kalimba Edwards, Ike Alama-Francis and Corey Smith/Jared DeVries.

They even have a ready made place for him, put him at a starting DE slot and keep Edwards in a 3rd-down pass rushing role, and bump IAF into a DT-DE backup slot.

go getem Lions gogogogogogo
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
LMAO, if he's going for the vet minimum, there will be more than two teams in the running.

I think Detroit and Minnesota are obvious contenders for his services. I wouldn't rule out the Broncos too, since they seem to have a Pokemon approach ("gotta have 'em all!") to the defensive line this offseason.
I think Denver with Jim Bates would really benefit from his services

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are those Bucs fans that insisted he was still a top DE and he and Adams would make one of the best DE tandems in the league?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think childress will want him that bad he hasn't had any interest in the older guys that have been cut this offseason.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 07-26-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He probably won't end there, but he would be a great replacement for Adailius Thomas. They could play him as a DE/OLB. He's also probably got the ability to drop into coverage. The thought of Suggs and Rice coming off the edge with Ray Ray in the middle is just scary.

Teams he'll most likely end up with are probably Detroit, Minnesota, Washington or the Titans.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
lol man I wouldn't put myself out on a limb like that you might get burned.

Unfortunately he wouldn't fit the Bengals well given the fact that we have a great pass rusher in Robert Geathers and Justin Smith isn't bad either... Plus we don't spend the cash on FA's so he won't come here.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Where are those Bucs fans that insisted he was still a top DE and he and Adams would make one of the best DE tandems in the league?
I think most of us expected Gaines to take over for Simeon eventually, they're very similar players. Spires can hold his own on the other side. I wish we'd kept Dewayne White though. :/

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23trufant View Post
Id like Seattle to get him if he comes kinda cheap for like a year or two. Tapp can come off the bench and steal time from Rice. Rice and Kearney would be a great DE duo even though they are old.
Good luck with that idea, Rice wants megabucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who the hell said that, ever? He was never gonna start with Adams anyway, they play the same role in our defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Who the hell said that, ever? He was never gonna start with Adams anyway, they play the same role in our defense.
I remember there was one poster who was. I'm not sure who, S2C maybe?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I remember there was one poster who was. I'm not sure who, S2C maybe?
LOL, you're most likely right. S2C was one of the more delusional Bucs fans around here. They're both good pass rushers, but you can't have them both on the field at the same time unless you run a 3-4 or it's 3rd and long; they can't stop the run if their lives depended on it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah, blah, blah. Everyone wants their team to sign him. He failed a team physical and didn't play much last year and is old and no good against the run, and his pass rush skills aren't what they were a few years a go due to age and injury. I would be suprised if anyone signs him this year. He will vanish from the face of the NFL ala Jason Gildon, Peter Boulware, etc. Happy retirement, Mr.Rice.

Though if he were to play this year, my money is on Detroit. Need a RDE and his old D-Line coach is HC in motown. Put 2 and 2 together. But I am still skeptical of him playing this year.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 07-26-2007 at 10:53 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Blah, blah, blah. Everyone wants their team to sign him. He failed a team physical and didn't play much last year and is old and no good against the run, and his pass rush skills aren't what they were a few years a go due to age and injury. I would be suprised if anyone signs him this year. He will vanish from the face of the NFL ala Jason Gildon, Peter Boulware, etc. Happy retirement, Mr.Rice.
You're right on many accounts, and these fans seem really desperate, but there's no reason not to be interested in Rice. He can get you 8-12 sacks no problem, but he's no savior. Don't worry about his physical too much, it has more to do with his injuries than his condition; Rice always stays in top shape.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

incentive laden contract is the only way i would hope the redskins touch him. But you know he's going to go where the guaranteed money is. I just hope if it is us.. we don't blow the bank on him. While he still might have something left... it's always nerve racking signing someone off an injury. I would almost rather he stayed on the bucs so he wouldn't be so tempting for danny.

With all that said, i hope we sign him but at a decent price. Because our DL can use all the help it can get.... Simeon Rice at half of himself would be a tremendous upgrade over Phillip Daniels. Anywho, i hope we look long and hard at him at the very least.

Last edited by McBain : 07-26-2007 at 11:00 PM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Loooks like the Bucs need to free up a roster spot for a QB.
Unfortunately this could be true.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL, you're most likely right. S2C was one of the more delusional Bucs fans around here. They're both good pass rushers, but you can't have them both on the field at the same time unless you run a 3-4 or it's 3rd and long; they can't stop the run if their lives depended on it.
Coulda been Phrost, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hence why I like you and hated him.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote