Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice was pretty close to being finished anyway

Some idiot team will still sign him for way too much money though. With that said, I imagine he'll end up on the Lions
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
incentive laden contract is the only way i would hope the redskins touch him. But you know he's going to go where the guaranteed money is. I just hope if it is us.. we don't blow the bank on him. While he still might have something left... it's always nerve racking signing someone off an injury. I would almost rather he stayed on the bucs so he wouldn't be so tempting for danny.

With all that said, i hope we sign him but at a decent price. Because our DL can use all the help it can get.... Simeon Rice at half of himself would be a tremendous upgrade over Phillip Daniels. Anywho, i hope we look long and hard at him at the very least.
Adam Archuleta.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhh, some veteren on the market... redskins will sign him thinking he is in his prime and he will flop and end his career. this is coming from a skins fan.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:39 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I could see STL signing him to rotate with the guy they got from Det or to Azi to play 3-4 OLB and some 4-3 DE.
St. Louis does not need two Leonard Littles on one team. They need to start stuffing the run.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler
I wouldn't rule out the Broncos too, since they seem to have a Pokemon approach ("gotta have 'em all!") to the defensive line this offseason.
I wanna be the very best!
Like no one ever was!
To sack them is my real test!
To force a fumble is my cause!

I will travel 'cross the league!
Stuffing all the runs!
These defensive ends, to understand!
The power that's inside!

*Starts wailing his ballot and playing air guitar*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes going to probably end up in Detroit,and be severely overpaid probably... book it
Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Adam Archuleta.
i believe the name you're looking for is bruce smith. although we blew the bank on arch he was still somewhat in his prime.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Didnt he fail a phsy?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
Didnt he fail a phsy?
yes he did.....according to ESPN

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Pro Football Talk:

Quote:
POSTED 8:15 p.m. EDT, July 27, 2007

MUTINY COMING IN TAMPA?

The manner in which the Buccaneers handled the termination of Simeon Rice's contract with the team is causing a serious problem among veterans on the team, according to our pal Steve Duemig of WDAE radio in Tampa.

The official excuse for the move -- a failed physical -- apparently is the standard line used by the Jon Gruden regime when it dumps a guy who still can play (see Shelton Quarles). Apparently, Gruden addressed the media before dinner and said that all of the players had reported, and that all of them were healthy.

Duemig says that Rice was at dinner on Thursday night with his teammates, and pulled aside to meet with the powers-that-be. Rice was told that he had to take a pay cut or be released, and that he had five minutes to make up his mind.

In our view, Rice could be the first of several long-term Bucs who get bumped off as Gruden hits what we believe to be his make-or-break season with the team. With Cato June in the fold to play weakside linebacker, we wouldn't be shocked at all if Derrick Brooks is the next one to get squeezed.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
if derrick brooks got cut, like that'd be crazy. the giants should really look into this, either Rice or Brooks in case strahan retires, well even look at brooks if he's cut even if strahan stays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way we cut Derrick Brooks.

We cut Quarles and Rice because we had younger players to take their place, Cato June will play the strong side and Quincy Black needs a year or two to develop, and by that time, Brooks will have retired anyway.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Brooks will never be cut, that's outrageous. PFT are nothing but rumor-mongers. I F'n hate Gruden so this is no surprise to me that he acts like a d-bag to our veteran stars. If we cut Brooks I'm done, no ifs ands or buts. I'd rather cheer for the Giants for all I care.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if derrick brooks got cut, like that'd be crazy. the giants should really look into this, either Rice or Brooks in case strahan retires, well even look at brooks if he's cut even if strahan stays.
Brooks could help, even though our LBs will be ok if Kiwi can make the switch. Stay away from Rice though, he's terrible against the run.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Derrick Brooks will never be cut, that's outrageous. PFT are nothing but rumor-mongers. I F'n hate Gruden so this is no surprise to me that he acts like a d-bag to our veteran stars. If we cut Brooks I'm done, no ifs ands or buts. I'd rather cheer for the Giants for all I care.
You can become a Saint fan, buddy! ;)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

This is a good thing for me because I have a bunch of stat bets with my cousin combining into one big bet. And for sacks he picked Rice and Strahan as two of his players. Hahaha.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You can become a Saint fan, buddy! ;)
Fine, Saints it is, why not stay in the division? Saints have potential anyway.

I'm being serious by the way. Cutting Derrick Brooks would be a slap in the face to everyone who supports this team: the players, coaches, fans, everyone. I would have no choice but to hate the team with a passion and relentlessly seek the death of Jon Gruden. Just hearing these rumors makes me sick and makes me wanna strangle him as it is...

sig by BoneKrusher