Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thorpe Award Watch List

http://mgoblue.com/document_display....ument_id=25043

Really stunned not to see Jack Ikegwuonu on the list.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

Thats a pretty big list too

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Either a misprint or......I don't know. That's the only choice.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Either a misprint or......I don't know. That's the only choice.
Obviously it doesn't mean that he doesn't have a shot to win it. But to shun a guy who's arguably the Big 10's best corner along with Jenkins and King is a little out there.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Kenny Phillips wins. That guy is amazing.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I hope Kenny Phillips wins. That guy is amazing.
He's definitely one of the front-runners, probably the top guy. If Tom Zbikowski wins I may go on a killing spree. He's atrocious in coverage and is essentially a undersized linebacker.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He's definitely one of the front-runners, probably the top guy. If Tom Zbikowski wins I may go on a killing spree. He's atrocious in coverage and is essentially a undersized linebacker.
agree (except for the killing spree part)

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if he improves and gets like a dozen INT's?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yeah, only if he moves back to quarterback...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Then I may restrict my killing spree :) He's certainly going to have a lot of chances at a dozen INTs by helping over the top since Notre Dame's corners are weak.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Haha, I think you're a raging **** but that was as funny as it gets. NO chance he wins, ND is going to be lucky to get to 7-5 this year. I think Kenny probably wins. Justin won't get many picks, I doubt Jenkins will either.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Haha, I think you're a raging **** but that was as funny as it gets. NO chance he wins, ND is going to be lucky to get to 7-5 this year. I think Kenny probably wins. Justin won't get many picks, I doubt Jenkins will either.
All because I said King was the #3 corner in the Big 10? Good to see you don't take online stuff too personally. King will get 1-2 picks probably because a lot of teams won't throw his way because odds are he'll have his man blanketed well. That and he doesn't have great ball skills. Jenkins and Ikegwuonu are more of a threat as far as ball skills go, but may not have the coverage ability as King. But they are better all-around in terms of coverage and ball skills.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think he has much of a chance to win it, but for him to not even be on the list is ********.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
All because I said King was the #3 corner in the Big 10? Good to see you don't take online stuff too personally. King will get 1-2 picks probably because a lot of teams won't throw his way because odds are he'll have his man blanketed well. That and he doesn't have great ball skills. Jenkins and Ikegwuonu are more of a threat as far as ball skills go, but may not have the coverage ability as King. But they are better all-around in terms of coverage and ball skills.
You didn't say the #3 CB in the Big 10, that wouldn't have annoyed me at all. It's wrong and that's you're opinion so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Talking about ball skills just killed your reasoning. He played WR as a freshman and made some sick plays. You made him sound like a solid starter rather than a 1st round DP, that's what annoyed me.

I honestly would put the max bet on him being the first CB taken in whatever year he goes if I could get 8-1 or so.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
You didn't say the #3 CB in the Big 10, that wouldn't have annoyed me at all. It's wrong and that's you're opinion so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Talking about ball skills just killed your reasoning. He played WR as a freshman and made some sick plays. You made him sound like a solid starter rather than a 1st round DP, that's what annoyed me.

I honestly would put the max bet on him being the first CB taken in whatever year he goes if I could get 8-1 or so.
I have said numerous times he's the #3 CB in the Big 10, thougb I'll admit I'm really starting to warm up to him more and more. As a corner, he does not have great ball skills. Corners with great ball skills intercept more than one pass per year, receiver experience or not. He was used on a lot of end arounds and stuff like that. That's far different than real receiver routes. I have King slated to go late first round right now for next season. That being said, I assume he will be a all-big 10 first team this year and propel his stock much further. If he stays for his senior year he's a lock to be a top 10.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Phillips is amazing. I think he's got it locked.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Kenny Phillips is amazing. I think he's got it locked.
Either him or Myron Rolle.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't think he has much of a chance to win it, but for him to not even be on the list is ********.
It's unacceptable for his name not to be mentioned

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's unacceptable for his name not to be mentioned
Ikegwuonu isn't but Zbikowski is. Makes a lot of sense
Old 07-27-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for Taylor Mays and Courtney Greene as well. In all likelyhood Phillips should win though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I'll go with Reggie Smith. Someone in the big 12 always wins, whether they deserve it or not.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Either him or Myron Rolle.
That's who my money's on

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
I have said numerous times he's the #3 CB in the Big 10, thougb I'll admit I'm really starting to warm up to him more and more. As a corner, he does not have great ball skills. Corners with great ball skills intercept more than one pass per year, receiver experience or not. He was used on a lot of end arounds and stuff like that. That's far different than real receiver routes. I have King slated to go late first round right now for next season. That being said, I assume he will be a all-big 10 first team this year and propel his stock much further. If he stays for his senior year he's a lock to be a top 10.
Fair enough. You're just a little out of your element though. His ball skills are great, he never gets thrown at. When he does, he outruns Ted Ginn and picks it off.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
That's who my money's on
Lot of great DB's this year. I'm liking a lot of these names.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe I saw Paul Oliver on there.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote