Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-27-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Brunell vs Harrington

Who would you rather have? I'm thinkin I'd rather have Brunell if he's not fallen off too much. Neither one is going to be our QB of the future, we'll be getting that in the draft more than likely. So, I'd have to say that I'd be happy with either one to be honest, but I kinda like Brunell's mobility, if he still has that, I do know he has toughness.

That being said I'd like to hear what you guys think about it. Also I'd like to see what QBs you guys like in next year's draft aside from Brohm, and I don't wanna hear about JDB either.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm... I like HArrington... then give me a guy like Matt Ryan from BC in the draft in the 2nd after we get D-Mac or Jake Long in the first.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sounds good to me...but I like Baker > Long at this point. I don't think Jake can make it as a LT...then again...he's got plenty of time to improve his footwork over this season, so he could be a big hit. D-Mac would be nice...what do you think of that kid from UK? He seems to be the real deal...I like a QB who can get out and move around, I hate having a statue back there.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'm obviously not a Falcons fan but why give up something for Brunell? I mean a 6th rounder or something sure, but really what's the point? Even if he's slightly better than Harrington it's not like your playoff chances are all that great for this year either way, keep the draft picks you've got and pick up Kelly Holcomb after the Eagles cut him to be the backup.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be suprised if Snyder traded a player for a pick.
Other average QB's to consider for trading
Seneca Wallace
Aaron Brooks (still on the market i think)
Patrick Ramsey
Kyle Boller

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I heard we won't look at Aaron Brooks...I doubt we go with Wallace...Boller I could see maybe...and with his strong arm, I'd like to give him a shot, he could still have a good career...
Old 07-27-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Sounds good to me...but I like Baker > Long at this point. I don't think Jake can make it as a LT...then again...he's got plenty of time to improve his footwork over this season, so he could be a big hit. D-Mac would be nice...what do you think of that kid from UK? He seems to be the real deal...I like a QB who can get out and move around, I hate having a statue back there.
I hate him. he can't read defenses and makes poor decisions. think Daunte Culpepper when Culpepper doesn't have Randy Moss. he sucks... I don't like him at all... now Brohm, Ryan, JDB... I like all of them. another option is if we do get a #1 pick to trade down with Dallas for say #5 and #20-ish and get Baker at 5, get JDB at 20, get Clady at 33, and then get BJ Rahi at houston's pick. it would give us 2 OT's for the future (both play LT but Clady could move to RT easily, especially with Baker at LT), a NT ofr the future, and a QB for the future. and it would also give us a 3rd rounder for a backup LB should we re-sign Demorrio.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I hate him. he can't read defenses and makes poor decisions. think Daunte Culpepper when Culpepper doesn't have Randy Moss. he sucks... I don't like him at all... now Brohm, Ryan, JDB... I like all of them. another option is if we do get a #1 pick to trade down with Dallas for say #5 and #20-ish and get Baker at 5, get JDB at 20, get Clady at 33, and then get BJ Rahi at houston's pick. it would give us 2 OT's for the future (both play LT but Clady could move to RT easily, especially with Baker at LT), a NT ofr the future, and a QB for the future. and it would also give us a 3rd rounder for a backup LB should we re-sign Demorrio.

The kid is Andre Woodson, and I definately disagree. He looks like a stud.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah, that's his name, I couldn't remember...I really like him. I want a bigger QB who can move around like that...and at 6'5 230 he's kinda Vince esque and I think I'd like him as our QB...playing with a poor team around him and still being good...I think it would prepare him for ATL and he'd be able to be successful...
Old 07-27-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's his name, I couldn't remember...I really like him. I want a bigger QB who can move around like that...and at 6'5 230 he's kinda Vince esque and I think I'd like him as our QB...playing with a poor team around him and still being good...I think it would prepare him for ATL and he'd be able to be successful...

I agree completely. I think he compares much better to Culpepper though.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
The kid is Andre Woodson, and I definately disagree. He looks like a stud.
seriously, think of how good he would look in red and black.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He compares to Culpepper a lot better than Young.

Personally, I'm not in love with nxt years QB prospects. Brohm is good but I don't see the attribute that makes him top 5 overall. Woodson is also good but more of a teen prospect, where as we will be top 5 I believe. Ainge is thin, inconsistent, and has no great attribute. Brennan I don't like much. Way too thin for my taste, and the system scares me. Also a probable mid-first rounder.

If I take a QB early next year I like Chad Henne. Huge arm, great deep ball, experienced, productive, not turnover prone (1 int/44 attempts past 2 years). Somewhat shot but a nice build. Pretty consistent.

Early mock (5 rounds)-

1. Jake Long, OT Michigan
2a. Chad Henne, QB Michigan
2b. BJ Raji, NT Boston College
3. Yvenson Bernard, RB Oregon State/ Chauncey Washington, RB USC/ Lance Ball, RB Maryland
4. Jamal Lewis, SS Georgia Tech.
4. Wallace Gilberry, DE Alabama
5. Chevis Jackson, CB LSU

I would also like a WR, but we have a ton of needs. Best would be a 2nd and future 3rd for Larry Johnson, but that's another story.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think a trade for Boller is a good idea. He's a good young QB and with McNair starting and Smith the potential QB of their future Boller wouldnt fetch that high of a price.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I agree MoS, But I'd have to think that it'd be rough for ATL to try to build around that as well...if they want to try that, then they miss out on Brohm, who from the beginning I said Petrino was the one telling him to go back to school so he could have an insurance plan for Vick...looks like he was brilliant in doing so...also his WRs come out this year and we could really see some amazing talent (which Louisville is not short on) suited up for Atlanta, but as shown in the previous draft, Petrino is no homer when it comes to his college kids...even his play makers he didn't reach for or set to high of a value on.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Hopefully Vick plays again. That would make this 100x easier.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely. We have enough needs before adding QB in there.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I agree...but I'm thinkin this scheme should cover some of our deficiency and if we hit on most of our draft picks this year, we're in serious business. What do you guys see as our biggest needs going into next year? Honestly I think it's too early to tell, but I'd say it looks like this...

1.) LT
2.) NT
3.) RB
4.) WR
5.) SS (But I'm hoping Stone / Crocker work out there, heck maybe even Jimmy)

That's obviously with Vick returning, otherwise QB is #1 on the list and everything else is shifted down. I'm hopeful that Vick can return, but at the same time, I really just don't see that happening.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

1. Left Tackle (starter)
2. Nose Tackle (depth/ starter)
3. Runningback (depth/ starter?)
4. Strong Safety (depth/ starter)
5. Wide-Reciever (depth/ starter?)
6. Defensive End (depth and will see time considering Abraham's injury woes)
7. Outside linebacker (depth/ starter?)
8. Cornerback (depth)
9. Middle-linebacker (depth/ starter)
10. Free-safety (depth)

Starter- Start day 1
Depth/ Starter- Depth who becomes starter year 2 or 3
Depth/ Starter- Depth who has chance at starter pending if the current player does good or not (ie Norwood at RB, Roddy/ Jenkins/ Horn/ Robinson/ Jennings/ Gibson at WR, Nicholas at OLB and if DeMo re-signs with us)

Yeah...I'd say we have a lot of needs. FYI this is Crocker's final year on the current contract I believe.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I agree...but I'm thinkin this scheme should cover some of our deficiency and if we hit on most of our draft picks this year, we're in serious business. What do you guys see as our biggest needs going into next year? Honestly I think it's too early to tell, but I'd say it looks like this...

1.) LT
2.) NT
3.) RB
4.) WR
5.) SS (But I'm hoping Stone / Crocker work out there, heck maybe even Jimmy)

That's obviously with Vick returning, otherwise QB is #1 on the list and everything else is shifted down. I'm hopeful that Vick can return, but at the same time, I really just don't see that happening.

IMO, Vick playing this year, is 15/85 with the first being the percent that he plays.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully Vick is not going to be guilty....Then we can use 1st round pick to draft another razorback...Darren Mcfadden.QB usually take a long time to develop so I really dont want another QB if Vick is not guilty.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote