Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Im excited to see it!

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Yeah, it's cause i heard they got all their old writers back to make the movie.
Yea the new ones make Homer ********..in the older ones he was clever stupid...if that makes any sense...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
The Movie might be good, but I have my doubts. It won't compare to classic Simpsons, that's for sure.
That's where you're wrong. I'm not a fan the new Simpsons episodes, because I feel over the past few seasons, the quality has tailed off. One of the great things about the movie is it feels like a classic Simpsons episode. Great writing went into it for sure.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great movie. There are parts that are absolutely hilarious. It may not have the charm of the old episodes, but it certainly has the humor.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how people are writing it off without seeing it, it was great

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I hate how people are writing it off without seeing it, it was great
I'm not writing it off... I am just being very skeptical of it and I have every reason to be so due to the poor quality of the episodes over the past couple of years.

If they can make Homer like how he used to be, which I doubt, then I will eat crow for that.

If the movie even compares to this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LFjRbjszI ... then it should be a very funny movie. The thing about that clip I posted is that the simpsons have had much funnier segments/moments.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Is there a plot? I might see it tomorrow.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I'm not writing it off... I am just being very skeptical of it and I have every reason to be so due to the poor quality of the episodes over the past couple of years.

If they can make Homer like how he used to be, which I doubt, then I will eat crow for that.

If the movie even compares to this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LFjRbjszI ... then it should be a very funny movie. The thing about that clip I posted is that the simpsons have had much funnier segments/moments.
I think it is that funny, the theatre was packed and there wasnt a single person not laughing

Old 07-28-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw it earlier tonight with some fairly mild expectations, but was actually quite surprised to have enjoyed it quite a lot. Definitely a movie that'll get you to bend over laughing a few times.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw it.. it's okay. I love(d) the Simpsons, I don't like the newer episodes.. Old ones are classic.. Movie got a little bit annoying though, I think I chuckled about four or five times in the whole movie. The humor isn't subtle like it used to be, or witty.. A lot of the jokes were predictable.. there's a bunch of Political shots at the Government, too.

It got a ton of laughs in the theatre, I just wasn't into it.

Last edited by WMD : 07-28-2007 at 03:51 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wondering is Matt Groening from Arizona or something, or does he simply just hate us

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a very good movie. I think most Simpsons fans,past or present, should be able to appreciate the quality of this movie.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I saw it.. it's okay. I love(d) the Simpsons, I don't like the newer episodes.. Old ones are classic.. Movie got a little bit annoying though, I think I chuckled about four or five times in the whole movie. The humor isn't subtle like it used to be, or witty.. A lot of the jokes were predictable.. there's a bunch of Political shots at the Government, too.

It got a ton of laughs in the theatre, I just wasn't into it.
the first negative review...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
SImpsons and athletes

Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was excellent. I think the best two scenes were the:

[Tom Hanks scene and the Grand Theft Walrus skit]
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the movie a great deal. I think Shiver's points about great scenes were pretty right on, but I loved the controversial sequence that many of you know about or have heard about. That was just brilliant in my mind. I was a little disappointed not to see the [Sea Captain], but all in all, it was an enjoyable plot, and I loved the jokes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I enjoyed the movie a great deal. I think Shiver's points about great scenes were pretty right on, but I loved the controversial sequence that many of you know about or have heard about. That was just brilliant in my mind. I was a little disappointed not to see the [Sea Captain], but all in all, it was an enjoyable plot, and I loved the jokes.
They left the cat out alot too

Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
What was the controversial sequence?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bart skateboarding scene.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
just wondering is Matt Groening from Arizona or something, or does he simply just hate us
ROFL Well this state does suck but whatever. The Simpsons movie was funny.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Simpsons Movie wasn't bad for a Comedy Movie.. it just wasn't a good "Simpsons" movie.

Also, the previews before the movie SUCK!!!!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not as bad as I thought. I was entertained, so I can't complain.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

im going tomorrow afternoon.. im hoping it will be good... SPIDER PIG!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
The Simpsons Movie wasn't bad for a Comedy Movie.. it just wasn't a good "Simpsons" movie.

Also, the previews before the movie SUCK!!!!
Not a fan of Alvin and the Chipmunks I see.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dled it there makin an Alvin and the Chipmonks movie?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote