Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-27-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ESPN's Top 25 teams of the Past Decade

With college football season almost upon us, ESPN has decided to rank every D1-A team in the past decade. I personally agree with USC being the number 1 team on the list, but I think Notre Dame is too high at 23. If a team is going to be on the list for best in the past decade, it has to beat the best and they are 0-7 in bowl games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2947988

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see the Badgers at a tie for 13th

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

If you asked me this 5 years ago Miami would be the clearcut #1. How things change. :(
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
If you asked me this 5 years ago Miami would be the clearcut #1. How things change. :(
It's kinda funny that only 3 of the 7 teams in front of Miami have a better
winning %, and none have as good of a bowl record. They're also a play away from having the most NC. Even with their recent struggled I don't see why they're at 8.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It's kinda funny that only 3 of the 7 teams in front of Miami have a better
winning %, and none have as good of a bowl record. They're also a play away from having the most NC. Even with their recent struggled I don't see why they're at 8.
Well they did go downhill pretty fast. That said, they had arguably the best team to ever play NCAA football.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

FSU and Miami got the shaft in this, but it's typical to clown on the ACC. The thing I noticed they didn't take into account is the # of pros put out in the first round or otherwise.

Also, this isn't who's NOW, that's the problem with this list that I see, it reflects what have you done for me lately and the more current years are weighted more than the years at the beginning of the decade. Just because USC has come on strong now, and is incredible, they still have 1.5 National Titles and in a weaker conference have less conf titles than FSU too...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
FSU and Miami got the shaft in this, but it's typical to clown on the ACC. The thing I noticed they didn't take into account is the # of pros put out in the first round or otherwise.

Also, this isn't who's NOW, that's the problem with this list that I see, it reflects what have you done for me lately and the more current years are weighted more than the years at the beginning of the decade. Just because USC has come on strong now, and is incredible, they still have 1.5 National Titles and in a weaker conference have less conf titles than FSU too...
And you can make the exact opposite comparison for Miami and Florida St. What have they done recently. The fact of the matter is that five years ago, those two teams could be number one and number two and I wouldn't mind, but it isn't. In the past five years, USC has done much more than FSU and Miami did at the beginning of the decade to merit the number one spot. With that being said, I still believe that Miami has had some of the best teams in the past decade and should be #2 or #3, but USC is the team of the decade.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
And you can make the exact opposite comparison for Miami and Florida St. What have they done recently. The fact of the matter is that five years ago, those two teams could be number one and number two and I wouldn't mind, but it isn't. In the past five years, USC has done much more than FSU and Miami did at the beginning of the decade to merit the number one spot. With that being said, I still believe that Miami has had some of the best teams in the past decade and should be #2 or #3, but USC is the team of the decade.
Miami had perhaps the best team in college football history. I think that warrants some consideration in this debate.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think ND deserves to be on there.... they haven't won a bowl game....
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To all of you guys.... FSU and Miami did not get shafted. They are right where they belong. Yes they were great but in the past years they have fallen some what though they are on the rise. They had their moments but have not been the most consistent team.

Texas is ranked too high I think. They lost to OU for so many years in a row....and they even choked this year and again didn't win the Big 12 when they should have.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i am personally pretty happy with number two. also the SEC and Big 10 both have five teams, tied for the most.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
To all of you guys.... FSU and Miami did not get shafted. They are right where they belong. Yes they were great but in the past years they have fallen some what though they are on the rise. They had their moments but have not been the most consistent team.
1997 - 6-5
1998 - 8-5
1999 - 6-6
2000 - 5-7
2001 - 6-6

Wanna guess which team had those records?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-27-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=11432
Already posted

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

I would love to have seen the 2002 Carson Palmer led Trojans play the Canes instead of OSU.

Not saying they would have won, but by the end of that season USC could have played and beaten anyone that year. Plus they still had Norm Chow.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC only has 1 BCS championship not 2
Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Appropriate spot for VaTech..

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
USC only has 1 BCS championship not 2
You're right. That game against LSU was never played for some odd reason...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get so utterly tired of the 'USC has 2 national championships' BullSh*t. They have Exactly ONE championship. LSU whipped OU, who before the KState game knew that no matter what the outcome they were going to the national title game so they tanked it, get over it. Prior to that game many people were saying OU was the best team EVER to play college football. LSU manhandled them the whole game.

LSU would have destroyed USC, OU would have destroyed them. USC's defense that year wasn't even ranked in the top 25!!! USC was a benefactor of a pushover schedule (hence the reason their strength of schedule is what kept them out of title contention at the end).

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
I get so utterly tired of the 'USC has 2 national championships' BullSh*t. They have Exactly ONE championship. LSU whipped OU, who before the KState game knew that no matter what the outcome they were going to the national title game so they tanked it, get over it. Prior to that game many people were saying OU was the best team EVER to play college football. LSU manhandled them the whole game.

LSU would have destroyed USC, OU would have destroyed them. USC's defense that year wasn't even ranked in the top 25!!! USC was a benefactor of a pushover schedule (hence the reason their strength of schedule is what kept them out of title contention at the end).
Wow. I wouldn't expect such a ridiculous post from such an intelligent guy. LSU would have destroyed SC? Ok. So why do we even play the games then? Let's just look at the spreads and declare the favorite as the winner. And I'm not so sure LSU would have been favored anyway. There were a ton of people who felt that SC was the best team in the country that year. It would be ridiculous for me to sit here and say either team "would have destroyed" the other. I just wanted to see the 2 best teams battle it out. We've missed out on that far too many times throughout CFB history. LSU was beastly as hell, and so was SC. I don't think either team would have "destroyed" the other. I think it would have been a great game.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*yawn* People are complaining about ND being all but an afterthought on a useless list. All lists like this are a joke.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

I had no idea boise state has been doing that good.... wow eye opening

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
*yawn* People are complaining about ND being all but an afterthought on a useless list. All lists like this are a joke.
Yeah, I agree. Much like ND's bowl record going back to '95. Actually, the list isn't terrible other than the fact that they felt the need to squeeze the Irish in there.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

FSU should be ahead of OSU.More conference titles more bowl games.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
1997 - 6-5
1998 - 8-5
1999 - 6-6
2000 - 5-7
2001 - 6-6

Wanna guess which team had those records?
Well since no one wants to respond, that is the record for USC before they began their dominance. That's 4 seasons of 6 wins or less. Anyone know how many Miami had? 1, and that was in 1997. So how is Miami not consistent?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-29-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good list, I'm suprised ESPN didn't make a really sorry one.
It's funny that next to Notre Dame it says "0".
And also you could probably argue Miami or Ohio State instead of USC (whose 2 nat'l titles were won, one of them playing Michigan and not in the BCS NC game, and the other against Oklahoma when they should've played Auburn. Really they have 1.5, but college is a mythical NC anyways, oh well).

Last edited by keylime_5 : 07-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote