Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Psh, whatever, it's worth it for Ra's. With the Joker having to be written out, Batman needs a long term nemesis. There would be no reason in logic or lore to bring Two-Face back, but at least there's some basis for bringing Ra's back into the picture, plus you get to introduce a whole new (and important) character like Talia as a result.

Bring her in early, bring Ra's in late. It'd be ******* tight.
Too difficult to explain the Lazarus Pit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Too difficult to explain the Lazarus Pit.
Meh. It's a pit. It imbues your body with life.

Pretty simple

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 07-21-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOT IN NOLAN'S WORLD, damn you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-21-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again. Meh?

I think the Riddler is the best option available, but he's the kind of villain who could be accompanied by someone else. Bane would be fun, but he should be a incidental character. Freeze would be stupid, Penguin would be stupid, Scarecrow is done, Two-Face is done, Joker is done. Catwoman would be good, but we know Nolan is dead-set against it and it's already way too late in the story to introduce her anyway.

Talia is only cool if Ra's is around. I just really don't see another option. Do you?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I've thought from the beginning the best option is to go with an entirely original villain.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I've thought from the beginning the best option is to go with an entirely original villain.
**** that.

What?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I think it's the fact that they knocked out the three most interesting villains in the first two movies, and I believe Nolan could come up with a better villain on his own then basing one around one of the weaker villains.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I think it's the fact that they knocked out the three most interesting villains in the first two movies, and I believe Nolan could come up with a better villain on his own then basing one around one of the weaker villains.
I agree, I just can't really get behind introducing a brand new character. I'd much rather have them stretch believability a tiny bit to bring back Neeson (who's a great actor and a fantastic fit) as one of the very best Batman villains considering there is basis in the lore than detach from the lore completely.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to 'inside sources', it will be the Riddler in round three.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/...Showing.net%29

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be the Riddler...he's at least semi-believable.

I dont want to see cat woman, myself.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont want to see cat woman, myself.
Selina Kyle can be a really strong storyline, but it has to be one of the first ones you introduce in a story arc and I completely understand why Nolan stayed away after the truly atrocious move that was Catwoman.

Nolan went an interesting route; discarding Robin and Catwoman. They're pretty integral to the whole mythos, but they do take lots of character development and it's clear Nolan wanted to go for a different pacing.

She definitely won't be in the third movie though. The Riddler was an obvious choice, I just don't think he'll be the only major Batman villain to make an appearance.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the Invention of Lying...just like Ghost Town, I'd say it was alright. Not great, but certainly not bad. Felt almost like the same movie at times.

I also watched First Snow...mehhhh. I still love you, Guy Pearce.

I may watch one of the few movies I have but have yet to watch tonight. I'm not sure yet...I'm not loving the choices. It would be between...A Serious Man, He Was a Quiet Man, or Ripley's Game. My mom has the newer Charlie and the chocolate factory up there as well. meh.

I may just opt to watch Matchstick Men.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Selina Kyle can be a really strong storyline, but it has to be one of the first ones you introduce in a story arc and I completely understand why Nolan stayed away after the truly atrocious move that was Catwoman.

Nolan went an interesting route; discarding Robin and Catwoman. They're pretty integral to the whole mythos, but they do take lots of character development and it's clear Nolan wanted to go for a different pacing.

She definitely won't be in the third movie though. The Riddler was an obvious choice, I just don't think he'll be the only major Batman villain to make an appearance.
You're more than likely right. I mean, if the Joker only saw a pretty minimal amount of screen time, I doubt they'd focus all of the attention on just the Riddler in the third installment. Considering he's such a less interesting character and all. Filling that role...well therein lies the problem. You cant help but trust Nolan, though. So we can rule out any killer croc appearances. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just noticed dead snow is on netflix instant, will need to watch that

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, Matchstick Men is magnificent and should be watched by all. One of Ridley Scott's best and Cage gives an incredibly nuanced performance.

Also, as far as Batman is concerned...Talia arrived with a newly founded League of Shadows to avenge her father but eventually unites with Batman giving him a new love interest and allowing him to combat his newest foe, The Riddler, a brilliant criminologist who discovers Batman's true identity. Also, I absolutely love the pieces laid in The Dark Knight about The Riddler even if they dont come true...

Coleman Reese
Mr. Reese
Mysteries
The Riddler

It would be glorious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You want that Joshua Harto nobody to play the Riddler? Bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Right. You have the Riddler as a special investigator to try and bring Batman in, but he learns about Batman's skill as a detective and starts challenging him rather than trying to catch him. Whole thing goes out of control and he goes apeshit.

The Talia thing would work, I just feel her character is pretty damn insubstantial without Ra's. What I would like to see is everything you said happening with Talia, but a big reveal close to the end that Ra's is still kicking around.

It would be awesome. The two biggest puzzle minded Batman villains (Riddler and Ra's) with all sorts of obfuscation and misdirection towards the audience.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I would really love to see Michael C. Hall do it...but as much I love him, he'd probably go too theatre with it. Or at least that would be where he would naturally go with it. Not the biggest fan of his non-Dexter work. He's not really a realistic option, though. I'm expecting big star or someone linked to Nolan already...ala JGL or a Tom Hardy. Nolan is also a big James Franco fan.

Leo doesnt really do these characters...that would be something to behold, though. Leo has turned down a bunch of super hero roles already...maybe he can play a villain.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ugh, I'm not really a DiCaprio fan. He rarely manages to sell me on his characters (Inception included).
Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I absolutely love Leo...I wasnt really buying him in Shutter Island. But I think he nails damn near everything he does. I'd love to see what he could do given a project, where he has to come a little more out of his element, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love DiCaprio, Im a well documented Tom Hardy fan, but I believe of all those choices JGL is still the best fit to play the Riddler. Although I guess James Franco could do in a pinch. Ive been campaigning Paul Bettany for a while as well, but thats just a personal preference.

And yes PMD, Id much rather have them portray The Riddler as the brilliant criminologist brought in to figure out Batman's identity who goes awry then have him made out to be some ridiculous supervillain. Not only does it fit PERFECTLY with the ending of TDK when he accounts for the murders and goes rogue, but it is a much more realistic depiction of the character then we have seen in some other versions of the comics.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I absolutely love Leo...I wasnt really buying him in Shutter Island. But I think he nails damn near everything he does. I'd love to see what he could do given a project, where he has to come a little more out of his element, though.
I also love Leo, although I liked him in Shutter Island.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think it was more the movie in general than his performance. I wasnt the biggest fan of Shutter Island. Moved at a glacial like speed for me, personally.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Shutter Island was one of those movies that was good, but much worse then I expected it to be. Where the Wild Things Are falls into the exact same category. Both were very disappointing, but they were pleasantly disappointing. If that makes any sense.
Quote:
Old 07-21-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny...this rumor just sprang up like half an hour ago.

More JGL as the Riddler stuff.

http://www.collider.com/2010/07/20/b...ght-inception/

First Showing hears from a “reliable inside source” that Mr. Edward Nygma (a.k.a. The Riddler) is included in a casting grid for Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film, which Warner Bros. is referring to as Batman 3 internally. The report also claims that Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception) is listed as “interested” in the role.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS