Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Watch Entourage, kids. Then you will get the Aquaman joke.
I would not suggest watching Entourage.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would not suggest watching Entourage.
Older episodes are great and I would strongly suggest it. Only problem is getting sucked into the current crock of **** show it has become.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree completely. I loved the first couple of seasons, but it went downhill fast. Piven is always money, though
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Older episodes are great and I would strongly suggest it. Only problem is getting sucked into the current crock of **** show it has become.
I've missed the last 2 weeks, but this season seemed like it was getting back to being at least decent. But yea, pretty much everything outside the first 2 seasons sucks large peen. I only kept watching because it was something to watch and it's more or less entertaining even if it isn't that good.

Also, for Jeremy Piven, obvs.

Anyone know if it's been taken further than just rumors of an Entourage movie? I know there's always rumors that this is the last season and what not, but I thought they were pretty serious about making a movie. That could be disastrous.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get the love...the show sucks, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could someone fill me in on how the shows first two seasons are so magical, but it somehow sucks now? I mean every season is the same just the hardships and roles slowly rotating... The show is watched for its enjoyability and entertaining lines from Ari, no more or no less. It really doesn't even try to take stands or be anything other than that in my opinion.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia is the same way if you ask me, minus any reoccurring plot.

I enjoy both shows for what they are though.

Last edited by aLARGEtopHat : 07-27-2010 at 04:37 PM.
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that's looking forward to Tron Legacy even though I didn't quite like the original Tron?

I think it's because when I first watched it, I kept thinking about how awesome it'd look in IMAX or just in HD. And now it's gonna happen and my eyes are gonna have orgasms I hope.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to Tron, it's going to look awesome. I did like the original, some don't but I watched it in the 80s quite a bit.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never realized people actually even liked the original Tron, until recently. I hated it when I saw it and I always thought it was just a big joke to most people.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Am I the only one that's looking forward to Tron Legacy even though I didn't quite like the original Tron?

I think it's because when I first watched it, I kept thinking about how awesome it'd look in IMAX or just in HD. And now it's gonna happen and my eyes are gonna have orgasms I hope.
I'm looking forward to it, but I've already accepted it will be way over "Hollywood-ized". It's going to have unbelievable graphics, and IMAX is probably the way to see it, but I just know it's going to probably have a horrible script and terrible acting. Not that the original was a beacon for either, but TRON Legacy is being billed to be some great film.

As for Entourage, the first 2 seasons were more about Vince's actual career with side shenanigans. There wasn't as much bitching and moaning, the stuff they did was entertaining because it was "new", and they really didn't branch off into the other characters except for like one-episode mini stories.

Pretty much the problem post season 2 is them trying to expand and make the show more than it was supposed to be, and the novelty of them going to ridiculous parties and having ridiculous money wearing off. Believe it or not, at least for the first season and maybe part of the 2nd I don't remember, but Ari wasn't a large part of the main story. Sure, he was there, but there was hardly any focus on him.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Operation Endgame was hilarious. Corddry an Galifianakis are great.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ABC movie game round three and as always "The" doesn't count.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-27-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so I didn't read back, but am I the only person alive not to be completely blown away by Inception?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think we can be friends anymore.
aw don't be like that!

I just noticed so many people being completely blown away by it, and... I don't know.... I liked it.

It just felt kinda like Nolan wanted to make two movies, and the studio went like "No, Chris, ONE movie. Srsly" and then Nolan just thought "Screw it I'll make two movies and put them together!".

That was how inception felt to me. Well made, well acted... but in some ways the writing seemed off and when you dress it down a little you find out it's just Ocean's Eleven except the real-world wealth Danny Ocean and his jolly gang 'o thieves steal is replaced by a concept. The entering of the building is replaced by the matrix-like (and completely unexplained) dream entering.

Also I find Nolan's movies to be too long. The Dark Knight had the same problem. I love the dark knight, but when he's done with the Joker I'm done with the movie. Really I could care less about
. Same thing with inception. There's a logical point to end the movie

And I still liked it. It was insanel well put together and the special effects were fantastic. I just wasn't awestruck like some others are.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In retrospect I'm not in awe of The Dark Knight like I was and everyone else was. I need to see Inception again to see if it goes up or down in my evaluation, but Batman Begins has a better storyline IMO. TDK is a boom-bang movie much like Inception that sacrifices timing for awesomeness, but I think Inception did it better.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Operation Endgame was hilarious. Corddry an Galifianakis are great.
Rob Corddry stole the show. Also, I want that gun flask so bad. I just thought the ending was stupid.

Also, I just watched Repo Men. That was about 45 minutes too long.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
In retrospect I'm not in awe of The Dark Knight like I was and everyone else was. I need to see Inception again to see if it goes up or down in my evaluation, but Batman Begins has a better storyline IMO. TDK is a boom-bang movie much like Inception that sacrifices timing for awesomeness, but I think Inception did it better.
I completely disagree with the last part of this post.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the part about The Dark Knight being overrated I hope?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Do you want to start another fight with me?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-27-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No but I do want your aggressivity to be at a high level for tonight.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

I just checked out the original Tron. It's one of a handful of old movies I can think of off the dome that are in desperate need of big budget remakes...

The Prophecy
Swamp Thing
Cat People
Master of the Flying Guillotine :-D
Masada
The Keep

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I completely disagree with the last part of this post.
be explicit fagwagon

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heresy against The Dark Knight! Don't make me bring out my pitchfork and torch.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote