Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barry Pepper is awesome and underrated.
Indeed. One of those guys I'm still shocked to see isnt a big name star by now. He's a talented guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I dont see how Shakespeare in Love got nominated, I dont see whats so great about that movie.
Judi Dench.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Judi Dench.
Yeah it was really a stretch to play an old wise queen with a wry sense of humor. Oscar!

No seriously Shakespeare in Love blows. Gwyneth Paltrow even shows her tits, and they blow.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Judi Dench.
Yes but if I recall correctly, she wasnt in the movie all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Yeah it was really a stretch to play an old wise queen with a wry sense of humor. Oscar!

No seriously Shakespeare in Love blows. Gwyneth Paltrow even shows her tits, and they blow.
Don't you dare question Dame Judi Dench.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey she's great, but don't tell me she doesn't play the same role in every movie. Michael Cera is a one man show next to Judi Dench.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Hey she's great, but don't tell me she doesn't play the same role in every movie. Michael Cera is a one man show next to Judi Dench.
I don't see that as a problem. Truman Show was better than Saving Private Ryan that year anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-08-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't see that as a problem. Truman Show was better than Saving Private Ryan that year anyway.
was Truman show that year?

Did Jim Carrey get nominated? He should have for sure. I am a huge fan.

although it has caused me a great deal of eye rolling because somehow this inane question has entered the American lexicon:

"Do you ever feel like your life is the Truman show?"
Old 09-08-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Do you ever feel like your life is the Truman show?"
If it is the the people watching have to be bored as hell.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If it is the the people watching have to be bored as hell.
or have serious interest in a very particular fetish.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I dont see how Shakespeare in Love got nominated, I dont see whats so great about that movie.
the Much Ado About Nothing movie with Keanu Reeves is ******* hysterical.

they play up his inability to act so much that you can't help but laugh like a bastard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone else seen the teaser trailer for Uwe Boll's 'Auschwitz'.... 0_0. Rough

It is Uwe Boll so in all likelihood it will be ****. But I don't think he even cares anymore.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
^ Insane cast in that movie...even Nathan Fillion makes an appearance. haha. Not gonna lie, I just watched it for the first time ever a few weeks ago as well. I was never interested. Not really big into war movies. Does make me wonder what happened to Sizemore, Burns, and Davies careers, though. They were cast perfectly in Saving Private Ryan. And I still think Barry Pepper should be a lot bigger than he is today.
Sizemore ws always a very good supporting actor, usually in pretty chaotic movies. I figured he'd be older by now, considering True Romance and Natural Born Killers were both over 15 years ago, but apparently he's ten years younger than Michael Keaton, which surprises me.

Shakespeare in Love is a fine movie.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Has anyone else seen the teaser trailer for Uwe Boll's 'Auschwitz'.... 0_0. Rough

It is Uwe Boll so in all likelihood it will be ****. But I don't think he even cares anymore.
he's found some loophole where he still gets money to make these garbage films.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 AM    (permalink
foxysam
Rookie

foxysam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

You lost me at Uwe Boll.... :D Still couldn't get round watching his "Postal" movie but I get told all his movies suck! :P
foxysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Sizemore ws always a very good supporting actor, usually in pretty chaotic movies. I figured he'd be older by now, considering True Romance and Natural Born Killers were both over 15 years ago, but apparently he's ten years younger than Michael Keaton, which surprises me.

Shakespeare in Love is a fine movie.
Yeah, but his career tanked because of all the drugs and alcohol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indeed. One of those guys I'm still shocked to see isnt a big name star by now. He's a talented guy.
One of my favourite actors for sure.

I think I read a story about him once where he talked about why he hasn't had a huge career. Apparently he really loves his family and wants to spend time with them which is a welcome change really. He is very selective with his roles too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Hey look it's Chris Evans' stunt double wearing the Captain America suit. Either that or Evans has been letting himself go.

Looks pretty tacky...but we'll see. Lots of these type of pics look terrible. I said the same thing when on the set Kick-Ass photos were released.

These are some H.Y.D.R.A. dudes...i have no idea what or who they are, never paying attention to the comic.

Thoughts?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Saving Pvt. Ryan

Quote:
Paul Giamatti, Ted Danson, Bryan Cranston all make apperances as well. It's pretty awesome to see today.

And you have a pretty green Matt Damon of course, a year removed from Good Will Hunting. Sexy cast.
Quote:
Insane cast in that movie...even Nathan Fillion makes an appearance. haha. Not gonna lie, I just watched it for the first time ever a few weeks ago as well. I was never interested. Not really big into war movies. Does make me wonder what happened to Sizemore, Burns, and Davies careers, though. They were cast perfectly in Saving Private Ryan. And I still think Barry Pepper should be a lot bigger than he is today.
Good call Mothman, SPR has cameos aplenty, best Spielberg film since Schindler's List. I spotted Fillon, Danson & Giamatti, where/who was Cranston?

Sizemore's career? Being the BF of convicted Hollywood pimp Heidi Fleiss & getting busted for smack while being addicted to it + some rehab gigs along the way has a tendency to undermine an acting career. he is great in this though, does well in an ensemble cast, had essentially the same Sergeant role in Pearl Harbor.

Burns' career? He was great in SPR & I thought he would skyrocket afterwards, but he made a series of bombs some that he wrote after it. Save your sympathy, he's married to a supermodel.

Barry Pepper is the bomb, & he has made the most of bigger roles, like Roger Maris the overnight sensation Yankee HR hitter in 61 from the tiny town in North Dakota who freaked out in the media glare of NYC (Maris wore his cap in interviews b/c his hair was falling out from the stress, it's true). He was also great opposite Ed Norton in the 25th Hour, & with Tommy Lee Jones in the 3 Burials of Melquiades Estrada, an obscure film where Jones is a Texas sheriff who beats Pepper up multiple times, ties him to his horse & drags him over most of the rocks & cactus in Mexico, & Pepper did his own stunts, looked beaten to death by the end -- I recommend you rent it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thre...iades_estrada/
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, even Vin Diesel wasn't terrible in Saving Private Ryan.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Hell, even Vin Diesel wasn't terrible in Saving Private Ryan.
Vin Diesel's career really took off after SPR, he does some of his best acting in it. It got him the Riddick role in Pitch Black that turned out to be a scifi modern classic. Chk. him out as a Mob crew badass in the underrated Knockaround Guys, & another mobster in Find Me Guilty, just great perfromances.... he will always be Riddick 1st to me though.

And Tom Hanks does his best acting since Forrest Gump in SPR too. I know Castaway was later but I'm one of those Hanks fans who's the 1 out of 10 who thinks it was a waste of videotape. How could Oakland native Hanks do such a genuine Alabama ****** accent in Gump (which is older generations' Southern slang for what a gump is) & such an awful unbelievable one in the remake of the Lady Killers? Even the great ones have a dud or 2 sometime.

Quote:
Don't like Dame Judi in Shakespeare, shame on you. But SIL was about the composition & 1st performance of Shakespeare's 1st & arguably best play Romeo & Juliet as well as an Elizabethan theater period piece, not a Shakespeare play but that's the beauty of it, damned fine film IMO.

Dame Judi was just fine as Titania, Queen of the Fairies, in Midsummer Night's Dream where she wore only green body paint & glitter makeup, not kidding. But it was the 1968 film of MND when she was a comely 34 yrs old too :--) I really like her as the 1st female M in the new Bond films, she has a glowering stare that can can grow cold as ice in a nanosecond, like when Daniel Craig is about to reveal her real name in Casino Royale & she cuts him off with "One more syllable out of you & I'll have you killed" very subtle & icy, she's the only person on the planet James Bond feared. Speaking of Riddick she has a cameo in the 2nd one, the Chronicles of Riddick, as Aereon the purely spiritual clairvoyant.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-09-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Finally saw Shoot Em Up.

It was the sanitized version for cable, just awful. I didn't think Clive Owen or Paul Giamatti could make a bad film but boy howdy was I wrong, it sucked balls.

Now I ask you, what's the point of having Monica Belluci in a film if they cut her nude scenes out?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Don't watch it censored

2) Don't take it seriously

3) Realize that it's amazing
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Shoot Em Up rules...........almost as much as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. GET THE **** ON IT SUPERMCGEE.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
the Much Ado About Nothing movie with Keanu Reeves is ******* hysterical.

they play up his inability to act so much that you can't help but laugh like a bastard.
much like Bram Stoker's Dracula. Sometimes I turn it on just to see Wynona Rider and Keanu Reaves, possibly the worst 1-2 punch in the history of film, but oh so funny to watch try to do victorian british accents.