Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happiness is awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True Grit scares me. It scares me because I foresee the time coming in the very near future where they attempt to remake the Man with no Name trilogy. Argh. Well maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Clint Eastwood gets to star in and direct them. <-- last part's a joke. sort of.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
True Grit scares me. It scares me because I foresee the time coming in the very near future where they attempt to remake the Man with no Name trilogy. Argh. Well maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Clint Eastwood gets to star in and direct them. <-- last part's a joke. sort of.
True Grit is not even close to The Man with No Name trilogy, considering that Eastwood >>>>>>>>>>>>> John Wayne.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can Hollywood remake classics like True Grit without the Late Great John Wayne or Dr. Strangelove with out the late great Peter Sellers (in all 3 roles) ?

Maybe b/c those are public domain now or they can get the rights ultra-cheap without paying royalties.

Or b/c the media conglomerate multinational studios are totally bankrupt of original ideas.

Except for maybe 3D/CG extravaganzas, Ridley Scott revisionist historical costume dramas, Seth Rogan comedies, toilet humor teen date movies, etc. .....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Andrew Garfield's Spider Man is going to be in a love triangle? I thought Peter Parker had a hard enough time getting one chick. Gonna be tons of teenage angst to go around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I really wish someone younger than Garfield was playing Parker, but whatever. I still didn't think he was all that great in Red Riding 1974.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I hear about the new Spiderman and the new Xmen movies, the less enthused I am about both. The Xmen movie in particular has some atrocious casting and the early plot points sound ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's great in Boy A. I havent seen much of anything else he was in. Unless I'm forgetting something.

He still looks very boyish. That said, he's much older than the majority, if not all of the others that were in the running.

Unrelated...I hate IMDB's new layout. Seemed more user friendly before.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Everyone knows about my Matt Vaughn love...so I have faith in him. But I'd agree it doesnt look that great thus far. Plus, I'm not familiar with the comic, so I'm bound to be confused as hell.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The more I hear about the new Spiderman and the new Xmen movies, the less enthused I am about both. The Xmen movie in particular has some atrocious casting and the early plot points sound ridiculous.
And by that you mean Azazel (although it would be cool if it was the badass demon from Supernatural and not the awful X-Men character).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
it does, can't wait.
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Wow...can't ******* wait. Didn't realize it would be out so soon. Will def be seeing that on Christmas Day
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I dont think the Man With No Name trilogy will be remade in my lifetime, at least I hope.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
And by that you mean Azazel (although it would be cool if it was the badass demon from Supernatural and not the awful X-Men character).
Yes. At least I still have Marvel Studios producing good stuff.

However, in some good news, Josh Holloway joined Tom Cruise and Jeremy Renner in Mission Impossible 4 today. Im a big fan of the series (well, 1 and 3 anyways), they are good old fashioned action movies.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people hate on M:I:3 to much, PSH was awesome and the movie had a rather enjoyable plot

Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Still never seen any Mission Impossible movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
people hate on M:I:3 to much, PSH was awesome and the movie had a rather enjoyable plot
PSH was amazing in the movie, but outside of that it didn't do anything for me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah MI3 was enjoyable, nothing really amazing about it but for a fun action film it was good. MI2.... just awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
PSH was amazing in the movie, but outside of that it didn't do anything for me.
PSH needs to be a villain more often. He's pretty goddamn scary in MI3.

holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Disturbia for the first time last night. I enjoyed it.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Watched Disturbia for the first time last night. I enjoyed it.
at SXSW a few years back, the guys who made the movie claimed they didn't realize the parallels to Rear Window at first. if they were smart, they just would have said it was a remake or a "re-imagination" or something stupid like that, or even an homage.

that said, I did like it because it had some of the elements of Rear Window. unfortunately, it was horribly predictable.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
PSH needs to be a villain more often. He's pretty goddamn scary in MI3.
He was sort of the villain in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, where he was frightening again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
He was sort of the villain in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, where he was frightening again.
Let me clarify, I mean more "action movie" villain-esque. I want to see him losing his goddamn mind and having people murdered and tortured left and right.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

He was absolutely awesome in MI3, which I thought was a really fun action movie. It certainly wont blow anyone away plot wise or anything, but it was solid all around. The first one is the same. The second one yeah, was pretty awful and cheesy, but at the same time if you take it for what it is there are worse movies out there you could watch. Im genuinely excited for the 4th one...Brad Bird is making his live action directing debut and JJ Abrams is still involved, along with the cast I mentioned. Should be good stuff.
Quote:
Old 09-28-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I just love PSH and want to see him angry and yelling at people...

Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also he was a non-action film villain in Doubt, and a great one at that

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
also he was a non-action film villain in Doubt, and a great one at that
You really misinterpreted that movie...

RIP TheManInBlack