Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snyder should do Doomsday. I want an awesome Superman fight scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they already confirmed that Luthor and Brainiac will be the villains in the new Superman movie. Almost sure I read that in an interview with Nolan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah my bad I confused myself with Spiderman and Superman. The villain in the new Superman is going to be General Zod though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think they already confirmed that Luthor and Brainiac will be the villains in the new Superman movie. Almost sure I read that in an interview with Nolan.
Pretty positive he hasnt said anything. But there was an apparent copy of Goyer's notes or rough draft going around, mentioning Braniac and Luthor.

edit...yeah, some are reporting that Zod will be the villain. Which conflicts things a bit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Emma Stone has already been offered the Mary Jane role. No one has been cast for the new Superman movie yet. Zack Snyder was just named director.
Bleh. I'd like some better news in the genre.

It's Kind of a Funny Story looks like that something that would interest me. So it does.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deathly Hollows looks goddamn awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only go see 2-3 moives a year if that, the rest I just wait till they come out to rent/buy and Deathly Hollows will be one I won't wait for.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's out, time to buy this.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, my favourite part has to be the 100% medically accurate tagline.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 Months into the year I finally saw a good movie! Hurray 2010!

How to train your dragon. Although, Exit through the gift shop was good, and possibly genius too.

Haven't seen: Toy Story, The Town, or Social Experiment.
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kick-Ass? Inception? May not be your kind of movies, but they're pretty damn good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo also disagrees.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Zombie Land on the DVR but haven't got a chance to watch it, will this weekend for sure.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh and by the sound of things...it seems like Snyder/Nolan plan to go with a younger Super Man. Not like a teenager or anything, like Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh like, early-mid twenties. The movie is apparently a Batman Begins esque type of deal. About Clark Kent travelling around the world, while making the decision of whether or not, he wants to become Super Man.

They also say that Snyder isnt that impressed with Goyer's script and calls it a bit of a mess, or rushed. And Snyder may have only got the gig, because he can get it done in a timely manner, so they dont lose the Superman rights. I think he can do a fine job, but I'm not gonna lie...An Aronofsky Super Man movie would have been something to behold.

Still seems like it has too much talent behind it to suck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-06-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, they tried that last time. Taking a guy who prides himself on being an artist, like Singer, and handing him 200 million dollars to make an art house Superman movie is what gets you a movie like Superman Returns. They needed someone who knew how to make a kick ass action movie, which is Snyder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I didnt even care for the X-Men movies...the Usual Suspects is the only movie of his I liked.

But anyway...can you imagine Aronofsky and a Clint Mansell soundtrack driving Super Man? That'd be crazy. haha.

I dont have a problem with the Snyder choice, though. I'm not even a Super Man fan, I just want to see a great reboot get done, ala the Batman movies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Man would be a complete waste of time for Mansell to score unless he just wanted a **** load of money to do something bad ass on a smaller project where he can go balls out.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Super Man would be a complete waste of time for Mansell to score unless he just wanted a **** load of money to do something bad ass on a smaller project where he can go balls out.
No way. Mansell's music is what makes movies. Even that ****** Smokin Aces has a great soundtrack composed by him, which enhanced their scenes.

What would Requiem for a Dream and the Fountain be like without Mansell? Those movies are driven by his music.

I think Moon would be great regardless, but he really put it over the top.

Mansell instantly makes any movie he composes for better. He can certainly go balls out on a bigger budget movie, and help make it much better in the process. Plus, a Darren Aronofsky Super Man, would be nothing like the Super Man movies we've seen in the past, I'm sure. He'd certainly have a different take on things and Mansell is his go to man. I think it would have worked beautifully.

I'd love to see Mansell get into the comic book movie genre. Add some emotion to these type of film.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kick-ass was enjoyable.
Inception was idiotic.
Girl with the dragon tattoo - No interest to read a movie for a half decent who done it thriller movie.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
Kick-ass was enjoyable.
Inception was idiotic.
Girl with the dragon tattoo - No interest to read a movie for a half decent who done it thriller movie.
That's.......not what it is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
No way. Mansell's music is what makes movies. Even that ****** Smokin Aces has a great soundtrack composed by him, which enhanced their scenes.

What would Requiem for a Dream and the Fountain be like without Mansell? Those movies are driven by his music.

I think Moon would be great regardless, but he really put it over the top.

Mansell instantly makes any movie he composes for better. He can certainly go balls out on a bigger budget movie, and help make it much better in the process. Plus, a Darren Aronofsky Super Man, would be nothing like the Super Man movies we've seen in the past, I'm sure. He'd certainly have a different take on things and Mansell is his go to man. I think it would have worked beautifully.

I'd love to see Mansell get into the comic book movie genre. Add some emotion to these type of film.
Hey, let me pile on the Mansell love. The guy is awesome, easily my favorite contemporary film music composer. I actually got to meet him about a year back and it turns out we like a lot of the same music. Cool guy.

edit-

****. Did I read the above posts right? WHY DOES SNYDER KEEP GETTING PROJECTS THAT ARONOFSKY SHOULD GET!? THE MAN ISN'T REALLY THAT GOOD OF A DIRECTOR.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 10-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's.......not what it is.
Please, go on....
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know being contrary is your thing and all, but Inception was pretty ******* cool even if you were acutely aware of the lack of coherence in the plot.

Also, if you didn't see it in theatres you're an idiot.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

A lot of people are saying Aronofsky was the first choice...but Snyder has a proven track record with big budgets and can get the movie done in a more timely manner...so WB doesnt lose their rights to the film. It has to be in production by 2011.

As for Snyder, I like his work. I mean 300, isnt a great movie by any means, imo. But visually, Snyder really brings something excellent to the table. Hopefully he can nail down some depth too, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS