Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just am soooooooo tired of slow motion with him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, true.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo also disagrees.
Like anybody is ever going to watch that.

Superman is one word. Just getting a little peeved at that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Like anybody is ever going to watch that.

Superman is one word. Just getting a little peeved at that.
I'm going to stomp you in the goddamn nutsack.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is also a hyphen in Spider Man...never use that either. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we can all agree that brody is just a horrible person and be done with it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

My feelings are pretty hurt by that Brent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My feelings are pretty hurt by that Brent.
I was at work for 16 hours today, I have little concern about whether or not your feelings are hurt.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was at work for 16 hours today, I have little concern about whether or not your feelings are hurt.
But that doesn't make me a bad person.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As for Snyder, I like his work. I mean 300, isnt a great movie by any means, imo. But visually, Snyder really brings something excellent to the table. Hopefully he can nail down some depth too, though.
I'd hire him to handle my visual effects any day. He works with a green screen as well as anyone not named Lucas or Cameron.

That said, his movies kinda suck. 300 was a vapid comic book turned into an even more vapid movie and Watchmen was a soulless adaptation. His best movie was Dawn of the Dead (otherwise known as "Hey, look, it's Ving Rhames with a shotgun!") and that didn't involve any of the visual ridiculousness nor did it have any real expectation or a big budget.

I don't care all that much about Snyder getting Superman over Aronofsky, but let's not even pretend that Snyder is in the same league as a film maker. It physically hurt me when Aronofsky got passed up for Watchmen in favor of Snyder.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
But that doesn't make me a bad person.
no, but your attitude, appearance, and general outlook on life, does.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
no, but your attitude, appearance, and general outlook on life, does.
That's pretty soul crushing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So. *******. Pumped
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

holy ****, I read "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" when I was a frosh in college. I really want to see that movie. if they go balls out, they'll show the amputation scene in full

Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trailer was ******* fantastic.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
holy ****, I read "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" when I was a frosh in college. I really want to see that movie. if they go balls out, they'll show the amputation scene in full
They are going to be showing the scene in full. In the showings a few people have fainted/ had panic attacks during the scene.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Social Network was pretty great. You should see it.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Let Me In for my October vampire fix & was surprised on what a well crafted, atmospheric, ironic kind of disturbing dark film it is.

It's a remake of an acclaimed Swedish film, Let the Right One In, & directed by Cloverfierld's Matt Reeves. Unusual, unpredictable storyline & understated performances, highly atmospheric but not like anything jumps out of the dark & scares you. It's a low budget, little film that's a near masterpiece & not just for Reeves, Cloverfield or vampire film fans only.

The reviewers are giving it 3 & 1/2 stars, highly recommended. Go see it asap

Last edited by LizardState : 10-09-2010 at 11:53 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a huge fan of the original and Ive touted it as one of my favorite flicks over the past few years. Ill check out the remake at some point but probably not in theatres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

So. *******. Pumped
Want to watch now please.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from watching this great movie. I couldn't quite give it a 10 since it is heavily influenced by Heat, and I, pretty much, would go as far to say that's it a remake. The story line is that similar, it's just missing Pacino's character (John Hamm just wasn't given any meat that Pacino had). With that said, Affleck really impressed the **** out of me, not just as a director since he already did that with the great Gone Baby Gone, but as an actor. He doesn't give a great performance and there is nothing to really right home about, but I was expecting him to ruin the movie. He was solid. His direction was seamless and he created some amazing shootouts. There is a scene in a flower store near the very end of the movie that put my jaw on the floor (after I just got done picking it up moments earlier). Some really phenomenal shootouts and great action scenes. There are about 4 thrilling scenes in this movie that make it pretty special. Jeremy Renner gives a great performance, although one we have seen before. The great thing about this movie, and something Affleck has proven to have knack for (similar to Scorsese), is that he can bring the feel and tone of Charlestown through the picture just as Scorsese has done with New York. He has these faces and characters doing things so natural that is feels as if we are discovering this secret little town that is shut off from the rest of the world. In a movie that's biggest weakness is being a little too familiar, Affleck does a great job giving this film some sense of personality, tone and texture that feels like Charlestown (even though I have never been there). I do have a few minor quibbles with the narrative, but overall, this was one great time at the movies.

I was a little disappointed with Iron Man 2 after being pleasantly surprised by the first one. I can't really put my finger on it exactly, but I though Sam Rockwell was wasted and Mickey Rourke's character was worthless after he gets arrested. There were some quirky little scenes that Downey plays to deadpan perfection, but it just lacked the originality the first one had (which had a terrible final action scene to end that one, which was similar to this one). I don't know, but it felt a little empty. I loved the Senate hearings and John Slattery has a cameo as Tony Starks father were he is ******* brilliant as usual. That was a nice intimate scene in an otherwise plotting movie. Could have had more Scarlett Johansson and less cloths for Scarlett Johansson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who have seen The Town, how was Blake Lively's performance? Her accent in the trailers was sketchy at best, and I was expecting her to garner more negative reviews for her part in the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw The Men Who Stare at Goats and a good cast doesn't always mean a good movie...
Old 10-09-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I just saw The Men Who Stare at Goats and a good cast doesn't always mean a good movie...
The Ocean Eleven movies proved that long ago.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
The Ocean Eleven movies proved that long ago.
Except for Oceans Eleven and Thirteen both being good movies...

RIP TheManInBlack