Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Social Network made sooooo much $ that it looks poised for that Oscar sweep. the possible exception could be Inception of course, but Black Swan will get its share of votes, most Academy members are older (very much older from what I've read) rather than the prime ticket buyer target audience is younger, they just love films like that about fine arts.

The True Grit remake is Coen Bros. another time last yr's Oscar winner Jeff Bridges worked with them & is getting terrific buzz, the 1st time, as The Dude in Big Lebowski, was a classic role in a classic film, they could elevate Bridges again. Jeff Bridges shines even in bad films (see Thunderbolt & Lightfoot, Starman, etc) & brightens up mediocre ones like The Fabulous Baker Boys with his brother Beau, he's one of the very few A-list stars I can say honestly I've never seen hm made a bad movie -- I'm sure he has but I just haven't seen it.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-08-2011 at 04:18 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must see Blue Valentine.

All awards should go to Edgar Wright.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from The Fighter. Christian Bale for Supporting Actor is a no-brainer. Great movie.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Season of the Witch didn't deserve 2%. Maybe 20%, but not that low. I liked the scene where Nicolas Cage used a knife to deflect a half dozen crossbow bolts. Why did anybody even wear armor back then? Just use a knife. Anyways....20%
2% from RT? That site is straight like/dislike. 2% of the people who saw it liked it. That's probably pretty accurate.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
2% from RT? That site is straight like/dislike. 2% of the people who saw it liked it. That's probably pretty accurate.
I was expecting 'all-time bad', and it turned out to be watchable.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any movie is watchable, whether or not you want to slit your throat while watching is another matter.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
any movie is watchable, whether or not you want to slit your throat while watching is another matter.
Kinda disagree. Alexander was pretty ******* bad. I turned that **** off half way through and don't even want to know how the rest of the movie went.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least rosario dawson was naked in it. When I think of suck, I think of hart's war and the wicker man.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
madestevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Just got back from The Fighter. Christian Bale for Supporting Actor is a no-brainer. Great movie.
The Fighter is one of the best movies that I have watched. And true, Blue Valentine is a must see as well as 127 Hours.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So im awake with nothing at all to do, and like 7 hours before football starts. Im gonna try and fit in 3+ movies in that time. Im about to watch Let Me In, but I want some opinions on what to watch afterward. I have these available to me atm:

-Greenberg
-Agora
-Nowhere Boy
-Love and Other Drugs
-You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
-Somewhere
-Mother and Child

Ill take write in candidates too, but keep in mind that Ive seen most of the major award contenders and box office hits. Also, make sure theyre 2010 movies. Working on seeing everything possible thats available to me so I dont have (m)any oversights in this years Commie Awards.

Last edited by comahan : 01-09-2011 at 03:35 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:39 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love and other drugs. as for a write-in, the ghost writer. i haven't seen it yet but i'm planning on it.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:43 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive seen Ghost Writer, very good movie. Polanski's best work in a long time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

Old 01-09-2011, 03:54 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Ive seen Ghost Writer, very good movie. Polanski's best work in a long time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)
i figured you had you movie buff, you. yeah i'm looking forward to it. could've watched it tonight but i need some shuteye now.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The first time I watched that video I consequently spent the next hour rewatching it. I ******* love Nic Cage.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Thats some quality entertainment right there

Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

greatest...actor...ever

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-09-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went last night and saw The King's Speech and have to say that it was the best movie I have seen in quite a while. Geoffrey Rush and Colin Firth were splendid as their respective roles of Lionel Logue and King George VI. I highly recommend it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna go on a major ******* movie watching binge over the next few weeks. Just subscribed to TMN on demand and MPIX on demand. So ******* pumped
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright... I just watched Once Upon A Time In America, the longest movie I've ever watched(almost 4 hours)... and I really enjoyed it although when it ended it was pretty much,,,, uhhhhhh huh? A really long story about the "Noodles" character which in the end I couldnt really tell if a large part of it was an opium dream or if it really happened? So I did some searching and apparently that is the general consensus on this film...
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got around to watching Cold Souls.

It was ******* awesome. I love Paul Giamatti
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Directors Guild nominations came out today, and theyre usually a big indicator of not only the oscars Best Director award, but the top movies they have penned for Best Picture.

The DG Noms are:

-David Fincher for "The Social Network"
-Chris Nolan for "Inception"
-Darren Aronofsky for "Black Swan"
-Tom Hooper for "The King's Speech"
-David O'Russell for "The Fighter"

Those are likely your Best Director nominees, and are all but locked in for Best Picture nominations now.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Double post, but in other news, Trent Reznor (who scored The Social Network) has signed on to score Fincher's version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which is currently filming and due out late this year.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

guess I better watch The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Double post, but in other news, Trent Reznor (who scored The Social Network) has signed on to score Fincher's version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which is currently filming and due out late this year.
'i want to **** you like a dragon' as theme song?

i really do like Reznor though, talented man. Mr. One-man Band. if anybody knows studio mixing and beats, its him. should be good.

Prowler's Newb Guide