Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Damn, I almost forgot, Im going to have to switch No Country for The Zodiac. Zodiac was easily one of the greatest movies ever made. Great movie.
If you have the attention span of a billion years, then yea.

#3000th reply for this thread. Awesome.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I don't get the cult like following that is behind The Will Be Blood movie didn't live up to the hype at all for me...did I miss something?
Absolutely! And its not really a Cult following as much as its just 99% of the people who have actually seen it love it.

My favorite performance (DDL) in the history if film, honestly.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but why...did i miss something?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have yet to see it.....

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová won for best original song. Nice

Last edited by Paul : 02-24-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
If you have the attention span of a billion years, then yea.

#3000th reply for this thread. Awesome.
Well, to be honest, another one of my favourite movies is Escape From Alcatraz, and both of those movies jokted up my list when I went to San Francisco/Bay Area one summer, and my interest was sparked

Zodiac was amazing. Jake was reat and I loved Mark Ruffalo's character too. It wasnt really that slow moving. Great movie, the way they portrayed each "attack" if you will was very well done. It left you on the edge of your seat even though you already knew what was going ot happen.

P.S Maybe it helped that I read a lot on the story, and read both books written by Robert Graysmith.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There Will Be Blood cinematography. I have been predicting it for weeks, TWBB will take home Best Director and Best Picture.

BTW its Zodiac, not the Zodiac. I just may start a rep rape again against you Billingsley.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 02-24-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I really think Cate Blancett should have won best actress...Elizabeth the Golden Age was a great movie acting wise...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
There Will Be Blood cinematography. I have been predicting it for weeks, TWBB will take home Best Director and Best Picture.

BTW its Zodiac, not the Zodiac. I just may start a rep rape again in you Billingsley.
Where did I call it THE Zodiac. My last post I called it Zodiac. But, the rep rape wont be the first, and probably wont be the last.

In fact, the rep rape only comes from one person. So.....
Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Movies
Dumb and Dumber
The Departed
Forrest Gump
The Zodiac
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Actors
Tom Hanks
Daniel Day-Lewis
Josh Brolin
Jim Carrey
Clint Eastwood
Actresses
Scarlett Johannsson
Hilary Swank
Susan Surandon
Uma Thurman
Charlize Theron
Directors
Martin Scorcese
Quentin Tarantino
Ridley Scott
Robert Zemeckis
Cohen Brothers
It also appears in another post.

Let the rep rape being.

Again.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I thought Zodiac was a good movie but and perhaps should have been nominated but it really wasn't on par with this years nominated movies...
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It also appears in another post.

Let the rep rape being.

Again.
Touche. Touche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I thought Zodiac was a good movie but and perhaps should have been nominated but it really wasn't on par with this years nominated movies...
If you are comparing it to this year, I think it is better than Juno, I wasnt that big of a fan of Juno. I would honestly put this movie up there with the likes of No Country For Old Men. I really though it was that well though out, and that well done. Every aspect of it.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well was there any doubt for DDL for best leading role.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked like he was taking a dump in that scene.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-24-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

DDL was a lock for leading role by an actor...

best picture will be a differently story...IMO...
Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Juno.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Damn.

As much as I loved No Country I thought the better movie would win in There Will Be Blood. Oh well, I saw this one coming. Let's hope for some crazy reason Blood can win Best Picture.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

No Country For Old Men, great movie. I really liked it. I havent seen There Will Be Blood, but I have no doubts that it could have won this. Juno I didnt think was worthy enough to win. I dont think it was worthy enough to be nominated. Atonement, was good but I dont think it was better than NCFM.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

I thought Michael Clayton deserved it more... meh.
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PTA got snubbed for the Coen Brothers. Such a great directing job. In that same train of thought, TWBB should have won Best Picture. No Country For Old Men is a really good movie, but TWBB is one of the best ever.

TWBB will be in the books with Citizen Kane of great movies that didn't win best picture.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I thought NCFOM was just as good...maybe even a little better than TWBB...

no way was a movie snubbed this year...except maybe Juno...
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Into the Wild and Assassination of Jesse James were snubs...both deserved more nominations IMO

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Into the Wild and Assassination of Jesse James were snubs...both deserved more nominations IMO
eh...I'll agree about Assassination but Into the wild was just ok to me...
Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Juno ruled... I'm sad. Anyone seen Atonement? I DLed it without even looking into it, haha.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
eh...I'll agree about Assassination but Into the wild was just ok to me...
Read the book, it's one of my favorites and much better than the movie, but the movie held it's own

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote