Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tree of Life three times?!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah, I guess people here weren't big fans of Tree of Life. I saw it twice in theaters and then just once on Blu-Ray again. I dunno what about it just resonates with me, I just find it to be a very moving film. I will admit the parts with Sean Penn are just kind of rubbish, but that second act was just outstanding to me. On the whole, it's just an experience to watch the movie.

And I couldn't resist coming back, njx.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's also interesting because one of my other favorites of the year is Midnight In Paris, which is a completely low stakes film that's just Woody Allen having a lot of fun.

Also saw Martha Marcy May Marlene recently, and I really enjoyed the film (John Hawkes as always is a 10/10) but for some reason I couldn't help but want more out of the ending. I'm all about the ambiguous ending, but it felt more abrupt than ambiguous to me.

Take Shelter was also pretty good. Michael Shannon definitely deserves an Oscar nod, but again like MMMM, the ending was a little outrageous.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Dark Knight Rises takes place 8 years after the Dark Knight. That's a long ass time, I never would have thought they were going that route.

Also...December 21st a 6/7 minute prologue of the movie will be shown in select IMAX theatres.

Quote:
According to Nolan, the footage is "basically the first six, seven minutes of the film", a sort of "introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So the Dark Knight Rises takes place 8 years after the Dark Knight. That's a long ass time, I never would have thought they were going that route.

Also...December 21st a 6/7 minute prologue of the movie will be shown in select IMAX theatres.
I don't think I like that idea. It seems like there would have to be way to much explaining on what took place in the 8 year gap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Wow eight years? I didn't think it would be that long. Very interesting though. I'm guessing Bruce is in his late thirties at this point? I'm guessing in Nolan's universe this would be approaching the point where Robin comes into his life sooner rather than later.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Hah, I guess people here weren't big fans of Tree of Life. I saw it twice in theaters and then just once on Blu-Ray again. I dunno what about it just resonates with me, I just find it to be a very moving film. I will admit the parts with Sean Penn are just kind of rubbish, but that second act was just outstanding to me. On the whole, it's just an experience to watch the movie.

And I couldn't resist coming back, njx.

best movie of the year so far

and dont listen to these people they liked Drive

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
best movie of the year so far

and dont listen to these people they liked Drive
Drive IS the best movie of the year so far. I don't understand how you can ***** about nothing happening in drive or stuff moving too slowly or whatever, then call Tree of Life the best movie of the year. NOTHING happens in that movie. My Own Private Idaho was more eventful.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen tree of life, but I just saw Drive and I just thought I would offer my two cents. I felt that it was really over-stylized and just obsessed with itself. A lot of techniques and decisions were made merely because they could do them and there was no thought given to why or if they should. I know this isn't a word to really associate with a film, but it was just narcissistic. Everything looked good and I felt like I should have liked it, but it just didn't work. Even the soundtrack was just weird and took me out of the film in that I felt rather than compliment the film, it was thrown in to feel very much like cool movie music. Except of course for the part that sampled the social network soundtrack, that was actually really effective.

Also, Gosling said 7 words the entire movie.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what did you guys think of Another Earth?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are you guys less, more, or equally excited for New Year's Eve as you were for Valentine's Day?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bleh, drive. i'm amazed a movie could be made out of so many awkward silences. at some point, you're not even brooding anymore, you've just got aspergers.
I thought it was pretty obvious Gosling's character had some form of autism.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched "My son, my son, what have ye done" and liked it quite a bit. Werner Herzog is such a weirdo director. I love Michael Shannon.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
if that's what they were going for, then i'd certainly give the movie a break. i just thought they were trying to artificially add gravitas.
Eh not really, Gosling's character clearly had an issue with human connections.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see if in TDKR if there is mention of Batman having to deal with some of his rogues gallery not seen in the movies in the 8 year span between the two.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It'll be interesting to see if in TDKR if there is mention of Batman having to deal with some of his rogues gallery not seen in the movies in the 8 year span between the two.
Mmmm I was thinking the same thing. Really hoping that he didn't just go into hiding for all eight years and sit around doing nothing. Idk if I want to watch the prologue shown at MI4 either yet, I don't want to spoil anything for myself and Nolan has basically said it's the first eight minutes of the movie. Also, it was interesting hearing that Bane needs the mask and the tanks on his back to survive, looks like they somehow included the venom storyline after all. I am exciting hearing him talk about how brutal Bane is as a character and how he fights. Hopefully we get some awesome fight scenes. Also, I really do believe that Ra's is alive somehow. And it looks like Murphy is back in it according to imdb. Scarecrow needed more screen time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be slightly awkward if they mentioned that Joker broke out of jail and had epic confrontations for 8 years with Batman. 8 years would allow Ras and maybe Talia to enter the movie. Maybe throw in a 6 year old Damien Wayne. Can never underestimate Chris Nolan, he could have the movie end with Batman dead and Alfred raising Damien.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Eh not really, Gosling's character clearly had an issue with human connections.
I thought he was trying to channel Clint Eastwood a bit-"the man with no name", since the whole thing was something like a western but autism works too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bleh, drive. i'm amazed a movie could be made out of so many awkward silences. at some point, you're not even brooding anymore, you've just got aspergers.
what if it was the first movie about a hero with asperger's? mind-blown.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
what if it was the first movie about a hero with asperger's? mind-blown.
Was Zuckerberg the hero in A Social Network?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Was Zuckerberg the hero in A Social Network?
if you're going to make a lame-ass joke, could you at least get the title of the film correct?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy from Adam got to bang Rose Byrne. I'd say that's pretty heroic.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if you're going to make a lame-ass joke, could you at least get the title of the film correct?
It wasn't a lame-ass joke, he pretty clearly had Asperger's in the movie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the topic of mental illness, if you can make it past the opening Wagner dream sequence, Melancholia is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
It wasn't a lame-ass joke, he pretty clearly had Asperger's in the movie.
I have students with Asperger's, they don't act like he does.