Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-17-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hey, I kind of like 2 for the John Woo effect. Do agree with the Cruise thing though, I mean if you're willing to watch Stanley Kubrick movies despite the fact that he was absolutely batshit nuts...
Kubrick was awesome nuts. There are a lot of complete psychos in the movie industry.

There are also a lot of Scientologists.

I can deal with one or the other. But Cruise is both and I simply refuse to support that.

Plus, most of Cruise's movies are always "Spy Action Thriller!" type things. Meh. Not my favored genre.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People unfairly hate on Robin because of how campy the batman comics were back in the day, batman was campy too. Alot of the Robin story lines however are pretty amazing, especially the Damien storyline right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
So, why is it that Nolan and Bale both don't want Robin in the series? Robin is the ****.
I like Robin, but if you think about the idea behind Batman, and the take that Nolan wants to take with the franchise, Robin really doesn't make sense. Why would Bruce Wayne put a child or teenager in harm's way? I could see him taking a child in as a ward, but to also train him to be a crime fighter doesn't really make any sense. Batman works alone, and having Robin would be a liability to how he works.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
*shrug* i try not to fund cults.
Hipsterism is a cult.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah!! I grew up with Batman and Robin. Was hoping they'd put him in somewhere but..o well **** it. Can't always have everything. A robin to nightwing transition would be pretty dope though.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Kubrick was awesome nuts. There are a lot of complete psychos in the movie industry.

There are also a lot of Scientologists.

I can deal with one or the other. But Cruise is both and I simply refuse to support that.

Plus, most of Cruise's movies are always "Spy Action Thriller!" type things. Meh. Not my favored genre.
There are numerous actors who beat their wives or are considerably worse than Tom Cruise with these kind of things. Boycotting his movies, when most of them are actually pretty damn good, is pretty stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-17-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are numerous actors who beat their wives or are considerably worse than Tom Cruise with these kind of things. Boycotting his movies, when most of them are actually pretty damn good, is pretty stupid.
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I hate people like Tom Cruise and I am fond of very few of his movies.

"Watch Tom Cruise run!" "Watch Tom Cruise jump!" "Watch Tom Cruise shoot!" End movie.

I'll take the Bourne movies of that genre hands down over anything that Cruise has ever done.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm not a very big Tom Cruise guy either.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I hate people like Tom Cruise and I am fond of very few of his movies.

"Watch Tom Cruise run!" "Watch Tom Cruise jump!" "Watch Tom Cruise shoot!" End movie.

I'll take the Bourne movies of that genre hands down over anything that Cruise has ever done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

A Few Good Men and Interview with a Vampire are probably the only Tom Cruise movies I actually care for.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

That's one of the weirdest and most wrong stereotypes ever. Jerry Maguire, Collateral, Magnolia, Rain Man, Risky Business, A Few Good Men, Eyes Wide Shut, Minority Report (to a degree), The Last Samurai, The Color of Money, and Born on the Fourth of July all do not have this stupid plotline in it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-17-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's one of the weirdest and most wrong stereotypes ever. Jerry Maguire, Collateral, Magnolia, Rain Man, Risky Business, A Few Good Men, Eyes Wide Shut, Minority Report (to a degree), The Last Samurai, The Color of Money, and Born on the Fourth of July all do not have this stupid plotline in it.
How do you forget Top Gun and Days of Thunder? COME ON BRODY YOU'RE BETTER THEN THAT!

Plus, he was the best part about Tropic Thunder.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minority report was excellent regardless, and top gun is ok I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I cared for very few of those movies. Jerry Maguire was alright. A Few Good Men I guess.

I'm surprised there was no Top Gun mention yet. I figured I'd for sure get yelled at for that. I had a roommate who had an irrational love of that movie that I'll never understand. I feel bad for my poor TV which had to display that trash about 9000 times my senior year.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I cared for very few of those movies. Jerry Maguire was alright. A Few Good Men I guess.

I'm surprised there was no Top Gun mention yet. I figured I'd for sure get yelled at for that. I had a roommate who had an irrational love of that movie that I'll never understand. I feel bad for my poor TV which had to display that trash about 9000 times my senior year.
HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE duh nuh duh
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:

You bite your tongue. Top Gun is a ******* classic.
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Top Gun was coo...Last Samurai was ok...and Born 4th of July is ok too.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

War of the Worlds.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Exchange coming back to my place one day. Found my roommate watching Top Gun for the 8899th time. (It's apparently on TV a ******* lot on weekday afternoons....idfk...)

Him: "Top Gun's on!"

Me: "I don't like Top Gun. It's stupid."

Him: "Shut up, Top Gun is awesome! It's better than your movies."

Me: "Name a movie I like that you didn't."

Him: "You watched The Good, The Bad and The Ugly that one night. That sucked."

Me: (Starts searching the room for a weapon and debating how long a prison sentence for manslaughter would be.)

Him: "Taxi Driver was alright though."

Me: (Calming down a bit) Yes. Taxi Driver was....alright....."

(Taxi Driver is really ******* awesome but I just wanted the conversation to end at that point.)
Old 12-17-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
War of the Worlds.
Biggest piece of **** I've ever seen in my life

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

...and you liked Top Gun?

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Biggest is a stretch. "Amongst the giant heaping pile of **** that are terrible movies," absolutely.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You bite your tongue. Top Gun is a ******* classic.

and totally rudy cool

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Top Gun. I wanted to play with the boys, then jump in my fighter jet and fly circles around the stupid Ruskies.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Biggest is a stretch. "Amongst the giant heaping pile of **** that are terrible movies," absolutely.
Ok yea I can agree with this.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: