Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Moneyball and Our Idiot Brother. Thought both were awesome.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. The pacing and the way Cap's story were told in just felt rushed and I felt that more attention was paid to putting up three corny montages than working on its narrative. I mean did anyone else really feel like it was a huge loss when Bucky died? Like that was just a terribly done scene. I mean I'm not saying Thor was tons better as I think both are a preference thin but I just don't care for viewing captain even a second time. Whedon however should deliver for the Avengers.
When did you learn to be right on things?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm honestly shocked people liked Thor. That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, even. Not even saying that to be a dick, I just literally didn't realize people liked it and it was fairly well received critically(just took a look now). Exact opposite of how I expected people to view it. I guess different strokes for different folks, but good lord did I dislike that one. Vehemently.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-31-2012 at 02:03 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought both were just extended trailers for The Avengers.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should of done it grind house style like 4 films 30 minutes each then AVENGERS JULY 2012 or something
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Should of done it grind house style like 4 films 30 minutes each then AVENGERS JULY 2012 or something
why, when people will go see all the films separately? they gots ta make dat cashmoney.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm going to go see a movie in theaters in the next few weeks, which should I see? I've heard good and bad things about the Grey, I'm interested in Safe House (don't remember when it comes out though), but what say you SWDC brethren? I've been feeling like going to see a movie for a while but haven't been overly impressed with anything coming out in theaters.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really liked Thor. Saw in IMAX at the theatres, looked great, had it's funny moments, and kept me interested. I don't see how you could possibly see it as one of the worst movies of all time.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I actually really liked Thor. Saw in IMAX at the theatres, looked great, had it's funny moments, and kept me interested. I don't see how you could possibly see it as one of the worst movies of all time.
The Devil Inside may have been the worst movie of all time, so glad I didn't pay for that ticket... I don't see how anyone could have gotten any entertainment value out of that movie...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually enjoyed both Thor and Captain America.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I didn't like a single one of the characters. Thor was a jerk and his development into not being a jerk seemed to happen solely for advancing the plot forward as opposed to any particular reason. It didn't give me a reason to root for or care about any of the characters throughout...and the attempts made to do so were one dimensional and cartoonish. On top of that, the setting in both places were flat out uninteresting and kind of just along for the ride. The action scenes were even pretty standard, although I do remember the first one being fairly interesting. On top of that, they were actually comparatively sparse throughout the course of the movie. That's fine if you have something else to go on and I am by no means advocating movies like this have to employ balls to the wall action all the time, but it really accentuated just how bad some of the other stuff was by going on. The romance thing they did was just flat out insulting to human intelligence and emotion, basically boiling down to "HEY URE HOT" and what's even worse is that, as obviously flawed and contrived as it was, as a device to push to plot forward.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-31-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I actually enjoyed both Thor and Captain America.
Ditto. I'm a sucker for comic book movies though. I think you have to take them for exactly what they are, and if you're looking for anything deeper you're going to be disappointed. But as something I can throw on for mindless entertainment for 2 hours, I think both suffice. Of course, neither sniff the awesomeness that was the first Iron Man, so I guess I can always just watch that. RDJ is the ******* man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Thor or Cap and expecting other than simple entertainment is not gonna work.

They are comic book movies. Action/Adventure. IMO, movies like that are great especially when you watch a lot of deep, meaningful movies and you want a break. Just to watch **** blow up and the girl get saved.

And yes, they down played the death of Bucky wayyyy too much in Cap

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a couple good foreign flicks that were released last year, going to watch Kill List sometime next week. Snowtown doesn't get out here till March.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ditto. I'm a sucker for comic book movies though. I think you have to take them for exactly what they are, and if you're looking for anything deeper you're going to be disappointed. But as something I can throw on for mindless entertainment for 2 hours, I think both suffice. Of course, neither sniff the awesomeness that was the first Iron Man, so I guess I can always just watch that. RDJ is the ******* man.
As much as I am, Captain America was ******* terrible

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Watching Thor or Cap and expecting other than simple entertainment is not gonna work.

They are comic book movies. Action/Adventure. IMO, movies like that are great especially when you watch a lot of deep, meaningful movies and you want a break. Just to watch **** blow up and the girl get saved.
I think that's a bit of a cop out to not hold them to a fair standard. Obviously, you know you aren't getting something super deep or anything...but at the very least I expect to be engaged a little bit and given something to root for and sympathize with. Thor just kind of happened and in the end I don't think we were given a reason to care for things turning out either way.

I'm not the biggest comic book guy in the world(I used to be when I was a kid, but my nostalgia has been used up by the dearth of substance in the 9 million super hero movies they release every year), but I can still appreciate them if they're done well. Didn't get that with Thor. I wasn't a big fan of the Batman movies or Iron Man, but I can understand why people enjoy them. Thor was just objectively bad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I think that's a bit of a cop out to not hold them to a fair standard. Obviously, you know you aren't getting something super deep or anything...but at the very least I expect to be engaged a little bit and given something to root for and sympathize with. Thor just kind of happened and in the end I don't think we were given a reason to care for things turning out either way.

I'm not the biggest comic book guy in the world(I used to be when I was a kid, but my nostalgia has been used up by the dearth of substance in the 9 million super hero movies they release every year), but I can still appreciate them if they're done well. Didn't get that with Thor. I wasn't a big fan of the Batman movies or Iron Man, but I can understand why people enjoy them. Thor was just objectively bad.
Wait, Nolan's Batman movies?
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

Hating on Nolan's Batman movies gets you the boot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I didn't say I hate them. I just said that they weren't for me. I understand why you guys enjoy them and I think they deserve the acclaim they garnered.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Damn, if those movies aren't for you I don't want to know what is.
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be worse, it could be Green Lantern

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
It could be worse, it could be Green Lantern
While there were many, many things wrong with this movie, it did have 2 very awesome points:

1) Mark Strong is a total badass and would be such a wicked Sinestro were a sequel to be made

2) Very few women fill out a dress like Blake Lively. God dammit did she look amazing in that movie.
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Damn, if those movies aren't for you I don't want to know what is.
He's one of those My Little Pony fans.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's one of those My Little Pony fans.
Well now you're just talking **** about MLP, and that's uncalled for.
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thor did suck.

I thought Cap America was pretty good up until his group started going to war. Really silly fighting scenes from that point on nearly killed the movie for me but the ending was solid so overall it was meh.

Agreed. Sinestro and Lively were the only things to like about Green Lantern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote