Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It looks horrible and the joke wears thins when you realize only three people in the cast (Eugene Levy, Sean William Scott, Alyson Hannigan) have any actual talent. I don't think there's a movie series with such a premium amount of godawful actors than the American Pie series. Jason Biggs, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Klein, Tara Reid, and Thomas Ian Nicholas are all awful.
Shannon Elizabeth tits > acting ability

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Shannon Elizabeth tits > acting ability
I think this sums up the first movie nicely

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw Drive. Great movie. Ryan Gosling turned in an amazing performance in my opinion.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the movie just went completely over my head, but sitting through The Tree of Life was probably about the most painful 2 1/2 hours I've ever experienced. What was the point?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Finally saw Drive. Great movie. Ryan Gosling turned in an amazing performance in my opinion.
I liked it. Felt like a modern and stylistic spaghetti western. Thought Carey Mulligan as Irene was ... interesting. I felt it ultimately worked, but it was weird at first, seeing the kid and believing Mulligan was his mother.

And a real hero...

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps Gosling could have been a good Johnny Blaze in a well thought out Ghostrider film.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish they'd stop making superhero movies just because they can. They've ruined way too many of them. For every good movie, there's a bunch that suck. They just look for a big name celeb, rewrite the character to fit what the actor wants to do, and then go all Michael Bay.

**** the story, go CGI and FX!

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 02-23-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They killed my fave hero...Green Lantern =(

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I really wish they'd stop making superhero movies just because they can. They've ruined way too many of them. For every good movie, there's a bunch that suck. They just look for a big name celeb, rewrite the character to fit what the actor wants to do, and then go all Michael Bay.

**** the story, go CGI and FX!
Well that's not going to happen. Superhero movies are a cash cow. There are some companies that are legit about doing it though. Or rather, some people maybe. Marvel Studios is doing it right and don't seem to be in it just for making a quick buck (Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is a good example of that).

Also, it would be nice to deviate from "origin stories" that seem to be a recipe for most Superhero films.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
They killed my fave hero...Green Lantern =(
DC really screwed that one up. I actually didn't think Ryan Reynolds was that bad in the movie with his acting of the role. Too bad. I think a Green Lantern movie could work, you just need the right people producing the film. Maybe not an origin story if they try again, like I hinted to in my previous post.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Just saw Drive. Agree with Ness...very good movie...was skeptical of Gosling tbh. He just didn't fit into my idea of an actor with a movie named drive that will probably include chase scenes and fast cars. But I was wrong...he did a great job and it was well written imo.

That song did get annoying...a real human being real hero or w.e. lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just saw Drive. Agree with Ness...very good movie...was skeptical of Gosling tbh. He just didn't fit into my idea of an actor with a movie named drive that will probably include chase scenes and fast cars. But I was wrong...he did a great job and it was well written imo.

That song did get annoying...a real human being real hero or w.e. lol
Take that back. The music was one of the best parts!
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Drive was also very neo-noir as it's being described online. Everything seemed 1980's in a lot of aspects. The only modern thing I remember seeing in terms of technology that wouldn't have been available back then was a cell phone, and even that kind of cell phone seemed a little outdated. There wasn't a computer anywhere in the film. No HD television's in the houses, etc. The film's font that is used also seems very 80's like. And of course the there is the classic electric-pop combined with late eighties keyboards to give an 80's vibe. You also have a couple of the characters in the film that have their pasts based on dealings in the 1980's via film producing.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-24-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The indie theater in Ottawa showed The Princess Bride the other day for free. It was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it didn't go over your head. it was the worst movie i've ever seen in my entire life. and yes, whoever posted them last time, it was worse than the 'meet the spartans' crap.

also, shocking, more people 'liking' drive.
Not shocking, you hating something good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not shocking, you hating something good.
Tree of Life wasn't very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Tree of Life wasn't very good.
I didn't mean Tree of Life, Josh.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Tower Heist... Pretty boring.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Mortal Kombat is on Encore......WOOOOOOOOOOO.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Act of Valor was the most amazing movie ever. The end was the absolute saddest thing I have ever seen but everyone needs to see that movie. Unbelievable.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I just saw The 36th Chamber of Shaolin...I love kung fu movies and Bruce Lee is one of my idols but my god...those english voice overs are terrible

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Mortal Kombat is on Encore......WOOOOOOOOOOO.
I love that movie. Probably the best video game adaption in my mind.

They need to make a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just saw The 36th Chamber of Shaolin...I love kung fu movies and Bruce Lee is one of my idols but my god...those english voice overs are terrible
Hhaahah I thought you watched a documentary on The Wu.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:04 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tree of Life was both amazing and horrible all in the same movie. The technical aspects of it were absolutely unbelievable. The Cinematography, camera work, etc... flawless. Pitt and Chastain were both really good in the small amounts of time they actually had to act. The whole nature vs grace thing did nothing for me though. I get the message hes relaying, but yea, bleh. Instead of being glued to the screen, I was glued to my watch, wondering how in the HELL only x amount of time had gone by, when it felt like 40 hours or so.

The creation of the universe was pretty sweet though.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote