Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better career Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt? I've given this no thought at all so I'm curious to see what everyone says.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Cruise's role in Tropic Thunder wins it for me

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Pitt hands down.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big Tom Cruise fan, but I think it's Brad Pitt by a significant margin. He's been in way more critically acclaimed stuff then Cruise.

Tom Cruise

Risky Business
Top Gun
Born on the Fourth of July
Rain Man
A Few Good Men
Interview With a Vampire
Mission Impossible (2&3)
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report
The Last Samurai
Tropic Thunder
Magnolia

Brad Pitt

True Romance
Interview With a Vampire
Se7en
Twelve Monkeys
Fight Club
Snatch
Oceans 11 (& 13, cause why the hell not)
Babel
Mr and Mrs Smith
Assassination of Jesse James
Burn After Reading
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Inglourius Basterds
Moneyball
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 02-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah have to agree with Pitt, and I'd say that its Pitt pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'm a big Tom Cruise fan, but I think it's Brad Pitt by a significant margin. He's been in way more critically acclaimed stuff then Cruise.

Tom Cruise

Risky Business
Top Gun
Born on the Fourth of July
Rain Man
A Few Good Men
Interview With a Vampire
Mission Impossible (2&3)
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report
The Last Samurai
Tropic Thunder
Magnolia

Brad Pitt

True Romance
Interview With a Vampire
Se7en
Twelve Monkeys
Fight Club
Snatch
Oceans 11 (& 13, cause why the hell not)
Babel
Mr and Mrs Smith
Assassination of Jesse James
Burn After Reading
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Inglourius Basterds
Moneyball
You cant list True Romance.
He sat around baked. I doubt it was too hard.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You cant list True Romance.
He sat around baked. I doubt it was too hard.
That doesnt make it any less hilarious.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this. tom cruise has been increasingly awful over the last decade. i can't remember a brad pitt miss.
Except for having an all time career role in Collateral, and solid roles in Tropic Thunder (even as a joke), Minority Report, Valkyrie, Mission Impossible 4, and being the best part of the lackluster War of the Worlds and Lions for Lambs. Calling him increasingly awful is ******* stupid and wrong, sorry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Pitt for sure.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
almost all of those were terrible movies in which he's regularly playing the same exact character over and over. he was utterly unbelievable in war of the worlds, he's bland in every single MI, and just about any mainstream hollywood actor would've been just as boring in minority report. i stand by what i said.
He's not bland in any MI. It's not groundbreaking work or anything, but it's a solid role and he fits it just fine. I don't see how he was unbelievable in the least in War of the Worlds, as he was the ONLY redeeming thing about that piece of crap movie. And finally, Cruise was perfect for the Minority Report role. Doesn't matter how it was, he was perfect for it and he did a fine acting job in it.

Oh yeah, his characters aren't the same. He's not Vince Vaughn.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-29-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minority report was a good movie.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not including his small role in TT....the last good Cruise movie I've seen is Collateral. I agree with NJX.

If you're going to be the same character in most movies at least be boss at it a la Jack Nicholson lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Not including his small role in TT....the last good Cruise movie I've seen is Collateral. I agree with NJX.

If you're going to be the same character in most movies at least be boss at it a la Jack Nicholson lol
HE'S NOT THE SAME GODDAMN CHARACTER. Jesus, that Oprah incident and his personal life has really skewed the vision that people have of Tom Cruise. If you think he plays the same character in Valkyrie that he plays in Minority Report, I don't really know what to tell ya.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Goon.
Fun movie. If you like hockey, you'll love it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more pressing question is, who is better looking?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Brad Pitt takes that one too

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
i'm not sure if you don't know what bland means. it's a mediocre role, filled by a mediocre actor.

strongly disagree. there was *nothing* redeeming about that movie. but i didn't, for a second, buy him in the role. it was tome cruise, playing tom cruise. just like he does in almost* every other quasi-action movie.

and it was completely interchangeable with any other action movie star in any other action movie role in the last ten years. he's the same character. he's plays them the same way. he's completely mediocre now. contrast that with his character's in risky business and top gun, for instance.

"you're wrong because here's a more extreme example, not because you're actually wrong."
I'm using that as an example because you keep acting like Cruise plays the same character for all of his roles, when he doesn't. There is a substantial difference between his character in Minority Report and Valkyrie, or Minority Report and War of the Worlds. I like how you keep ignoring his performance in Collateral by the way.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-29-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
With their present looks (aka Brad in that godawful long hair)? Cruise rather easily. But in general, Pitt looks better when he bothers to groom himself.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, Pitt has the better physique but i think Cruise has a more gifted face.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

That Avengers trailer was ******* awesome.
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only place that Tom Cruise beats Brad Pitt is in his choice in women. I'm sure I'm very much in the minority, but I think Angelina Jolie is kind of a butter face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The only place that Tom Cruise beats Brad Pitt is in his choice in women. I'm sure I'm very much in the minority, but I think Angelina Jolie is kind of a butter face.
Jolie > Holmes and I like Holmes and exes I'll take Anniston > Kidman.

I have a huge bias towards Jolie though <3.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Cruise has aged very gracefully. So he has some good genes. Or good docs.

Also, Jennifer Aniston in her prime is pretty damn good, so he wasn't necessarily slouching, either. I do agree with you on Angelina though, she's trashy, not very pretty, full of baggage and now you have like 35 kids with her. Way to crash and burn on your way out.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I always thought Jolie was always overrated also. She looked the best in Hackers and then went downhill from there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote