Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You are a pissant little ****, you know that? Chasing Amy and Clerks are ******* classics you goddamn Maine piece of ****.
Overrated, both of them. And you can name call all you want but it isn't going to help your argument. Now go back to posting some juiced up wrestlers blinking in response to every post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-25-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
So was I....twas an excellent day sir. Wish we could do it again sometime
One day we will rise again my friend, one day. Wish you could have been there will me when Kevin Smith screened Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and Clerks 2 in Toronto. I went alone but got my weed on before and during every show, it was glorious. A whole theatre of people lighting up during every movie with Kevin Smith answering questions after each show, that was so much fun.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Mallrats, but I'm not a big KSmith guy either.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are a pissant little ****, you know that? Chasing Amy and Clerks are ******* classics you goddamn Maine piece of ****.
Clerks is great and there is an incredible documentary on the 10 anniversary edition of the DVD that I like as much as the movie. He makes fun, enjoyable movies but you must remember, it is col to not like Kevin Smith these days. I supported you and your hate for The Walking Dead Jvig but I can`t support you on this one.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Clerks is great and there is an incredible documentary on the 10 anniversary edition of the DVD that I like as much as the movie. He makes fun, enjoyable movies but you must remember, it is col to not like Kevin Smith these days. I supported you and your hate for The Walking Dead Jvig but I can`t support you on this one.
I just personally find him hugely overrated, I like clerks but I didn't find it to be this amazing all time great comedy. Chasing amy for me was also just sort of ok. Ive watched it twice thinking maybe I needed a rewatching to get it, but I just don't like it. If I want to watch a movie that makes me feel connected to characters and be raunchy I will pick any Apatow movie ten out of ten times, he blows smith out of the water imo. And I am not just hating because its in to do, I know most of the posters here enjoy Smith and all of my friends do too, but I don't want to go over the same insecurity **** about how much sex my gf has had before we dated every time I watch a comedy.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-25-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apatow has made two movies that have actually been good, two. The rest are his buddies for the most part. I'll gladly admit that I think 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up are as good as any Kevin Smith movie (sans Chasing Amy, which is one of my favorite movies of all time), but you still knock him too much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I just personally find him hugely overrated, I like clerks but I didn't find it to be this amazing all time great comedy. Chasing amy for me was also just sort of ok. Ive watched it twice thinking maybe I needed a rewatching to get it, but I just don't like it. If I want to watch a movie that makes me feel connected to characters and be raunchy I will pick any Apatow movie ten out of ten times, he blows smith out of the water imo. And I am not just hating because its in to do, I know most of the posters here enjoy Smith and all of my friends do too, but I don't want to go over the same insecurity **** about how much sex my gf has had before we dated every time I watch a comedy.
There is a lot of hate out there for him so I wouldn`t call him overrated. There are aspects of each of his movies that I enjoy. Clerks and Clerks 2 are two of my favorite comedies and while he can miss at times (Jersey Girl and Cop Out) he is at least honest about it and if I am being honest I kind of like both of those movies.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Apatow has made two movies that have actually been good, two. The rest are his buddies for the most part. I'll gladly admit that I think 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up are as good as any Kevin Smith movie (sans Chasing Amy, which is one of my favorite movies of all time), but you still knock him too much.
I have always said they were ok movies and I find them overrated, mostly in part because I just personally do not like them. I never called them terrible. I just don't feel connected to what the characters are saying because it feels forced and like its just Kevin smith wanting to rant on a particular subject rather than these characters actually going through a tough time, and as is the case with Clerks and Chasing amy, its virtually the same subject.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I will agree with you there but Clerks 2 is I think my favorite of his rather than Chasing Amy. Apatow hasn`t made that many movies and Funny People was as awful, if not worse, than Jersey Girl or Copout but really I don`t hate Funny People as much as most either.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chasing Amy was the most effective emotionally, although it wasn't all that funny or anything. Plus, it included the best overall performances that Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, and Joey Lauren Adams will ever have in any movie. Goddammit, now I want to watch it for the 50th time.

And I don't actually mean the insults I say, I can understand why people find him overrated and I won't hate on people for most opinions. Unless you like any movie Seltzerberg has done, which means **** you and I hope you rot in hell.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And see, I really enjoyed funny people for what it was. I didn't find it awful whatsoever, and felt much more connected to the characters than I did in chasing amy and clerks. Although I understand people's gripe with funny people as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Also, since I watched them again for probably the 800th time, the Kill Bill movies ******* rule. Not as good as Basterds or Pulp Fiction, but right there with Reservoir Dogs for Tarantino.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

At least I can agree with you on that one. You smith loving ****.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Also, since I watched them again for probably the 800th time, the Kill Bill movies ******* rule. Not as good as Basterds or Pulp Fiction, but right there with Reservoir Dogs for Tarantino.
I am loving you right now. Love the Kill Bill movies. The whole superman speech by Bill was genius. I think Django Unchained may end up being better than all of them, hopefully.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Chasing Amy was the most effective emotionally, although it wasn't all that funny or anything. Plus, it included the best overall performances that Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, and Joey Lauren Adams will ever have in any movie. Goddammit, now I want to watch it for the 50th time.

And I don't actually mean the insults I say, I can understand why people find him overrated and I won't hate on people for most opinions. Unless you like any movie Seltzerberg has done, which means **** you and I hope you rot in hell.
I will disagree with you in that I think Affleck was at his best in Mallrats, should have won Best Supporting Actor for that.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

moar kill bill love.

although pulp and basterds are probably stronger movies overall, i enjoy kill bill every bit as much - especially II. david carradine and michael madsen are amazing in that one and i love the style and feel of it.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You should agree on the Seltzerberg point, unless you like one of the following...

-Date Movie
-Epic Movie
-Disaster Movie
-Meet the Spartans
-Vampires Suck

And oh ****, they're doing another movie. **** **** ****, why did you do this to me Jvig?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Do I really have to answer that question...... seriously of course I ******* hate that guy. And his buddy who writes those awful pieces of ****.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking for some of the fight scenes from Kill Bill and found this instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spot on

lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jvig, since you and I are both lovers of hilariously awful movies, have you seen John Carter yet?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

For lovers of bad movies the How did this get made podcast is hilarious.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 03-25-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Jvig, since you and I are both lovers of hilariously awful movies, have you seen John Carter yet?
No I have not. I thought it would end up just being mediocre enough to not be enjoyable as a "bad" movie. But if youre telling me it is worth watching because it was terrible I will check it out.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hunter with Willem Dafoe was pretty good. Watched it last night.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched "In Time" I enjoyed it a lot. Still wondering a bit about certain parts though as to why things went that way.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote