Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
OSU, I also love the argument 'I am not excited about the movie but I will probably pay to see it.'

The movie should end up being a very good superhero movie but of course it won't end up being one of the best films in a year full of amazing films, not need to go all hipster and say you were the first here to not be excited.
Did I really say I was the first here to not be excited and try and "go all hipster"? No, not once. Sorry that I'm not having a nerdgasm like you guys. I just don't understand the hype. Like I said, maybe it's because I never read the comics or watched the animated Avengers.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Avengers is going to be ******* amazing! And im not even a film or comic nerd.

The Hulk + Ironman is sexy enough on its own.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Master, coming this October, will be better than every movie this year by a factor of 10. So many great movies coming out this year including no movies from no less than 10 of my favorite directors.
Well, will Joaquin Phoenix rap in it at all? If not, I'm not watching it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Master, coming this October, will be better than every movie this year by a factor of 10. So many great movies coming out this year including no movies from no less than 10 of my favorite directors.
How about Djago Unchained.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I loved their individaul movies (other than Captain America) and just recently watched the cartoon so I'm pretty excited for the movie myself.
I liked all the individual movies besides The Hulk. I never got around to watching the second after watching the first one...
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I liked all the individual movies besides The Hulk. I never got around to watching the second after watching the first one...
Thats the best one......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thats the best one......
I hope you are talking about the second one? Because the first one was just awful.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I hope you are talking about the second one? Because the first one was just awful.
Yeah I never even bothered watching the first one. The e\Edward Norton does a much better job with the material and also has alot more hulk rampage action. It's worth watching splat if you haven't checked it out.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A list of my most anticipated movies from next year. I actually narrowed this initial list down a ton.

The Master - Paul Thomas Anderson
Django Unchained - Quentin Tarantino
Gravity - Alfonso Cuaran (Have a feeling this will win Best Picture)
Moonrise Kingdom - Wes Anderson
Inside Llewyn Davis - Coen Bros
Cloud Atlas - Wachowski Siblings
Looper - Rian Johnson (Loved Brick and his episode of Breaking Bad)
The Silver Linings Playbook - David O Russel
The Dark Night Rises - Chris Nolan
The Wettest County - John Hillcoat
Cosmopolis - David Cronenberg
Cogan's Trade - Andrew Dominik
Prometheus - Ridley Scott
Only God Forgives - Nicholas Winging Refyn
Seven Psychopaths - Martin McDonaugh
Stoker - Chan Wook Park (Oldboy anyone?)

Left out The Hobbit, new Spider Man, new movie from Ben Affleck, a few comedies, The Grandmasters, new Gosling movie teaming him again with the guy that directed Blue Valentine, movie were Bill Murray plays FDR, The Great Gatsby, new Woody Allen, new Terrance Mallick, The Cabin in the Woods which is out now and I can't wait to see, and a bunch of other movies that look good.

I get the backlash against The Avengers because there are about 50 movies coming out this year that I want to see movie and I am sure will be better but I love Whedon and it should still be pretty good.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think I could convince Moonrise Kingdom to have a threesome with Seven Psychopaths?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Think I could convince Moonrise Kingdom to have a threesome with Seven Psychopaths?
That would be quite sexy. It really is unreal how many great movies are coming out this year (I say great because a bunch of them sound amazing and are coming from proven directors). Looks like this will be one of the best all time years for movies. I get why OSU is hating, in a year full of brilliant films The Avengers will get the most press, let's start hyping movies based on original ideas guys.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really looks like it's going to be pretty great. Haven't heard a whole lot about Inside Llewyn Davis, but it's very intriguing. Interested to see how those actors can carry it, but I trust the Coens.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It really looks like it's going to be pretty great. Haven't heard a whole lot about Inside Llewyn Davis, but it's very intriguing. Interested to see how those actors can carry it, but I trust the Coens.
My anticipation is based on 60's culture, Coen's, music. Should be excellent. I think Gravity will end up winning Best Picture if I had to guess now sight unseen but there really are a whole lot of movies coming out this year that will be among the best of the decade. Reminds me of 1999 but I think this year will be better.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Django Unchained - Quentin Tarantino
Prometheus - Ridley Scott
These two, especially, rustle my jimmies in a good way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanting to see Prometheus more than The Avengers, ha. Maybe when Ridley Scott stops trying to make forced epics, he'll be interesting again. And The Cabin in the Woods was greatness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Wanting to see Prometheus more than The Avengers, ha. Maybe when Ridley Scott stops trying to make forced epics, he'll be interesting again. And The Cabin in the Woods was greatness.
Yeah I am with you on that one. Until I start to good things about prometheus I refuse to buy that it will be amazing.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a huge, huge fan of the Alien movies.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am a huge, huge fan of the Alien movies.
Ridley Scott also hasn't made one in 33 years, so I'm pretty damn skeptical of his ability to still do so.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-14-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Ridley Scott also hasn't made one in 33 years, so I'm pretty damn skeptical of his ability to still do so.
I don't care if it's Ridley Scott or not, it's part of that universe and I want to see it.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A new Martin McDonagh movie? ******* finally, yes.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I don't care if it's Ridley Scott or not, it's part of that universe and I want to see it.
Is it actually part of the universe is that confirmed? Because I have heard it rumored to be so, but I didn't see anything definite.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
A new Martin McDonagh movie? ******* finally, yes.
I had to study most of his plays in Celtic Lit this year...He's a much more talented filmmaker then playwright. Let's just leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Alien Resurrection still sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I thought 3 was pretty terrible as well.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alien Resurrection still sucks.
Alien 3 is nothing to write home about either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote