Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Cedar Rapids was tremendously average. I liked Reilly in it, the whole cast pretty much works, but it was far from anything special.
Maybe I will have to watch it again. I mean admittedly I smoked a bit of the ganj during but I still remember really enjoying it. It started a bit meh but I found it just kept getting better and I loved how dark it was at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
On that note, have you seen Cyrus? I like that movie a lot, its like a more serious Step Brothers almost.
Yes I have! I also really enjoyed it but I mean I ******* love John C Reilly (see above love for Cedar Rapids. I had high expectations and it delivered. That sad I would still kill for a Step Brothers 2.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Maybe I will have to watch it again. I mean admittedly I smoked a bit of the ganj during but I still remember really enjoying it. It started a bit meh but I found it just kept getting better and I loved how dark it was at times.

Yes I have! I also really enjoyed it but I mean I ******* love John C Reilly (see above love for Cedar Rapids. I had high expectations and it delivered. That sad I would still kill for a Step Brothers 2.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Jesus that was spectacular. Thank you for that.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jesus that was spectacular. Thank you for that.
I think it looks pretty damn good too

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks fantastic.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Reilly was perfect as the main character. Just fits everything perfectly.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its funny, the first time I was aware of John C. was after his role as Happy Jack in Gangs Of New York and here he is now known for his comedy. I wish the Steve Brule Show still came on Adult Swim.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Its funny, the first time I was aware of John C. was after his role as Happy Jack in Gangs Of New York and here he is now known for his comedy. I wish the Steve Brule Show still came on Adult Swim.
It's all about Reed Rothchild aka Chest Rockwell. He killed it in Boogie Nights.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's all about Reed Rothchild aka Chest Rockwell. He killed it in Boogie Nights.
I've been running Reed and Dirk quotes all day. Fantastic.

And I just noticed that the guy directing the Wreck-It Ralph movie was the supervising director for The Critic and Futurama, and an early Simpsons director. All of that was 10-20 years ago, but still, that's a damn fine animation resume.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always forget that he is in that, kind of like how I watched Cable Guy for the first time in years a couple of months ago and didn't remember Owen Wilson, Jack Black and Ben Stiller were in it, he was just an obscure person to me back when I first saw it. I need to go back and rewatch Boogie Nights now.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I've been running Reed and Dirk quotes all day. Fantastic.

And I just noticed that the guy directing the Wreck-It Ralph movie was the supervising director for The Critic and Futurama, and an early Simpsons director. All of that was 10-20 years ago, but still, that's a damn fine animation resume.
I just watched through the two seasons of The Critic a couple of months ago, Jay Sherman is still golden.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That it all has to be explained outside of the movie (and is still not good) instantly makes the movie ****. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

It's a bad movie. It's fine if you liked it...I like some bad movies, too. I respect that even though I understand that I'm probably not coming off as someone who's talking in a respectful tone (hard over the internet)... But it was pretty awful.

I didn't hate the movie, I'm just saying it was a really bad movie as unbiasedly as one can. It was a really expensive B movie.
I totally agree with you and your previous post. Prometheus is a terrible movie. I'm not a big of the Alien franchise, but my it is my friend's absolute favorite. We both hated it. Poor guy, he was devastated with disappointment all weekend. I was excited for the movie because it seemed like it was less focused on horror and more on story. They did neither right. The story started off well but drops off pretty early in the movie. I would have preferred a more horror type movie with how they did the plot, despite my strong dislike of that genre. It was also ridiculously predictable. I was never surprised in that movie. The suspense is just laughable. The acting was decent, but the characters were awful.

There were just soo many things wrong with this movie, I was face palming so much. The only good thing I can say about Prometheus was Fassbender's awesome performance despite having a weak character. Elba was good, but not enough air time! Same with Charlize, except her character may have been the worst next to the doctor boyfriend.

The parts I laughed at the most, off the top of my head:

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 06-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oops double post.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
There were just soo many things wrong with this movie, I was face palming so much. The only good thing I can say about Prometheus was Fassbender's awesome performance despite having a weak character. Elba was good, but not enough air time! Same with Charlize, except her character may have been the worst next to the doctor boyfriend.
I'm glad I didn't go see this. I saw everyone on this site talking about how excited they were about this movie but when I saw the previews, I thought the movie looked awful. Looks like I made the right decision going to an Arena Football game on Saturday night rather than watch Prometheus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Wow. Really glad I didnt see Prometheus also.
I was never big into Alien myself so I probably wouldnt have enjoyed it

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I need to see it again, I didn't hate it like everyone else :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone going to see this new Batman movie? Looks pretty good.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What's a bat man

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I guess I need to see it again, I didn't hate it like everyone else :\
If a movie isn't amazing, it's garbage apparently.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
What's a bat man

I'm pretty sure it's this

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

On the first one is where someone in the theater burst out "stupid!" way louder than he meant to and everyone there busted out laughing in agreement. We knew he meant that about that one scene, but we all felt that his outburst summed up the entire movie.

Just to add to the things that made me do the Jackie Chan...

Last edited by nepg : 06-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
On the first one is where someone in the theater burst out "stupid!" way louder than he meant to and everyone there busted out laughing in agreement. We knew he meant that about that one scene, but we all felt that his outburst summed up the entire movie.

Just to add to the things that made me do the Jackie Chan...

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Just bought my tickets for the midnight showing. Well actually 12:10 because my theatre you pick your seats ahead of time and the seats are better for that one. But who cares? I'm super excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to pre-order but Fandago is simply stating that the tickets aren't on sale yet :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I totally agree with you and your previous post. Prometheus is a terrible movie. I'm not a big of the Alien franchise, but my it is my friend's absolute favorite. We both hated it. Poor guy, he was devastated with disappointment all weekend. I was excited for the movie because it seemed like it was less focused on horror and more on story. They did neither right. The story started off well but drops off pretty early in the movie. I would have preferred a more horror type movie with how they did the plot, despite my strong dislike of that genre. It was also ridiculously predictable. I was never surprised in that movie. The suspense is just laughable. The acting was decent, but the characters were awful.

Prometheus has everything to do with the first Alien and virtually nothing with any of the other movies. Cameron took Alien from sci-fi horror into action and the other movies followed suit. Anyone heading looking for action will not be pleased. But imo that's clear from the trailer.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 06-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote