Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

recommended to all

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

recommended to all
I've actually seen it. Quality film. I'd recommend it some, not all. :P
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"It's like pitching to a healthy Lou Gehrig."

so funny

Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Safe house last night. It wasnt bad, wasnt great either. But it did hold my attention for 2 hours.

I give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw Apocalypse Now last night. Holy **** is that a haunting movie.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Finally saw Apocalypse Now last night. Holy **** is that a haunting movie.
Why have you never taken the time to watch it before. That movie is awesome.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Why have you never taken the time to watch it before. That movie is awesome.
Length and availability. I've had it on my Netflix queue for probably a couple of years now, but it routinely goes unavailable for some reason. And when it is available, pretty much guaranteed I'd have to watch it alone(which I did), because its too long and dark(its age is probably a putoff as well) to interest most of my friends.

But having now seen it, I greatly regret putting it off for so long. Amazing film.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to Ted. It looks like a complete ripoff of the Imagine This comic strip. I'm cool with that.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Caught Promotheus this afternoon. I thought it was a perfectly good movie. Not great, but certainly good. Some here were going about saying it was a very bad movie, but I think you can only reach such a conclusion by unnecessarily magnifying its flaws. At the very least, its an entertaining summer movie. But if what someone said earlier about it being heavily edited to cut down on runtime is true, I think the director's cut has the chance to be something special.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

The first reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man so far have all been that is a very entertaining movie. I can honestly say I'm surprised(a lot less than originally though, once I learned its directed by the same guy who did (500)), I didn't expect it to amount to much.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-20-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a new teaser for PTA's "The Master" up over on IMDB. Shows PSH for the first time. Pretty excited for the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
There's a new teaser for PTA's "The Master" up over on IMDB. Shows PSH for the first time. Pretty excited for the movie.
Since someone is lazy...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive me if this has been posted already but I thought many here would appreciate it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a fairly long scene from the new Spider Man movie involving the car thief. Pretty cool. Doesn't really spoil anything, but you still might not want to watch it. Anyways here it is if you do.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Here is a fairly long scene from the new Spider Man movie involving the car thief. Pretty cool. Doesn't really spoil anything, but you still might not want to watch it. Anyways here it is if you do.

That clip doesn't really boost my excitement for the movie. I still think the movie is a dumb idea. Say what you want about the quality of Spiderman 3, but it came out five years ago. That is way to soon for a reboot. The only way I think a reboot would have been in order is if 1). Spiderman was going to be in Avengers 2 or 2). This movie is a complete 180 in terms of style from the previous iteration. based on the clip, it doesn't seem like that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
That clip doesn't really boost my excitement for the movie. I still think the movie is a dumb idea. Say what you want about the quality of Spiderman 3, but it came out five years ago. That is way to soon for a reboot. The only way I think a reboot would have been in order is if 1). Spiderman was going to be in Avengers 2 or 2). This movie is a complete 180 in terms of style from the previous iteration. based on the clip, it doesn't seem like that is the case.
You are forgetting a couple of things. First and foremost this is a business. Sony has to make a Spiderman film every few years in order to retain the rights so they don't go back to Marvel. Sony cares more about money than they do continuity. As long as Spiderman is a cash cow, they will continue to milk it. At least it seems like they are trying. Personally this seems like a darker take on Spiderman to me.

Second, even though it is a reboot, it can still be sucessful. The Incredible Hulk came out five years after the Ang Lee version. A Batman reboot is in the works as well, and regardless how well The Dark Knight Rises does that has the potential to work on it's own accord also. These characters' stories don't have to be told in the same exact ways either.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So far its gotten pretty good reviews. I was of the same line of thinking as you, but it looks like this film succeeds in its own rights.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been 4 years. Time for another Punisher reboot that I will shamelessly enjoy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The second I finished watching Spider Man 3, I was begging for a remake.
Venom was hands down my favorite comic character growing up (so I was hyped to see the movie) and felt cheated after that abortion of a movie happened.
I'm extremely happy they remade it now... plus, the producers of TASM came out in an interview saying that they're "all in" on a Venom movie.
Not a SpiderMan movie with Venom but a Venom movie. That is what I want to see!!!

Quote:
“The truth is he also deserves his own movie. We’ve been sitting around in a room talking about Venom stories and it’s a really full bodied complicated character, Eddie Brock and this character. Maybe people feel there wasn’t enough of a chance to unravel it, but we’re all in on him.

Previous reports that Chronicle director Josh Trank was circling Venom has helped to generate positive buzz, and inspired hope for a more nuanced iteration of the Eddie Brock/Venom character – similar to the anti-hero/villain who defends “the innocent” in the comics. Although that stone was left unturned during their TASM interview, Tolmach and Arad did offer assurances that Venom will “stay close to the bible, stay close to the emotional story” of Eddie Brock.

That the worlds of Amazing Spider-Man and Venom will “make sense with one another” in terms of tone and their comparatively realistic design, is essentially a given (according to Arad and Tolmach); hence, the two universes could organically mesh together in a future Amazing Spider-Movie sequel.”

http://screenrant.com/avi-arad-venom...-sandy-178597/

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember the Spawn movie? I walked out of the theater half way through, and I demanded a refund. They gave me my money back.

There's no point to that story. I only bring it up because I had a Spawn flashback when Nalej mentioned that he felt cheated by Venom.

Last edited by WCH : 06-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they need to do the flash thompson as venom movie.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw three movies recently:

Red Tails - Rental. Extremely cliche, exacerbated version of the the Tuskegee Airmen story. Horrible script, mediocre at best acting. Not recommended.

Prometheus - Decent story and at least it was entertaining but there were several questions I had about why "x" happened. Seemed like Ridley Scott ripped off a few ideas from a couple different sci-fi movies in the making of it.

Snow White and the Huntsman - Charlize Theron was great and Chris Hemsworth was very solid (although he consistently reminds me of Heath Ledger). Regardless, the plot was interesting, entertaining, and overall I could recommend the movie for a solid view. My only gripe is with Kristen Stewart. Luckily her lines were minimal but her speech, if you could call it that, was a far-cry from inspirational and her facial expressions make her look like she is perpetually on the verge of tears. I think someone in Hollywood is playing a gigantic joke on her by casting her in movies that call for "fair, beautiful" lead female roles.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
they need to do the flash thompson as venom movie.
I stopped keeping up/following comics a long time ago... I'll admit I've never heard of Flash Thompson.
A quick Google search later... he looks a Venom-Deadpool mix.
I guess I'm old school and would want to see the Brock epic realized first.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Saw three movies recently:

Red Tails - Rental. Extremely cliche, exacerbated version of the the Tuskegee Airmen story. Horrible script, mediocre at best acting. Not recommended.

Prometheus - Decent story and at least it was entertaining but there were several questions I had about why "x" happened. Seemed like Ridley Scott ripped off a few ideas from a couple different sci-fi movies in the making of it.

Snow White and the Huntsman - Charlize Theron was great and Chris Hemsworth was very solid (although he consistently reminds me of Heath Ledger). Regardless, the plot was interesting, entertaining, and overall I could recommend the movie for a solid view. My only gripe is with Kristen Stewart. Luckily her lines were minimal but her speech, if you could call it that, was a far-cry from inspirational and her facial expressions make her look like she is perpetually on the verge of tears. I think someone in Hollywood is playing a gigantic joke on her by casting her in movies that call for "fair, beautiful" lead female roles.
Thanks. Haven't seen any of the above but my expectations for each are your exact thoughts AFTER you saw them. So that's comforting.