Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
Agree to disagree.
Sounds good. I didn't mean to come off as upset or dickish either, so if I did, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im going on a rant: The 6th Day is the best movie ever. 2 Arnold Schwarzenegger talking to each other, does it get any better than that

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grindhouse wasn't my thing, and I like QT. Seeing the total package at the cinema (at midnight) didn't turn out to be so fun. Tarantino's stuff gets too chatty, I'm getting kinda sick of it.

We should compile an NFLDC 250 to rival IMDb's!
1. Fight Club
2. The Truman Show
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grindhouse wasn't my thing, and I like QT. Seeing the total package at the cinema (at midnight) didn't turn out to be so fun. Tarantino's stuff gets too chatty, I'm getting kinda sick of it.

We should compile an NFLDC 250 to rival IMDb's!
You're definately right about being too chatty. I think some of his stuff is starting to be along the lines of "Look how smart and witty my dialogue is," if that makes any sense.

I think if we were going to do a list, we'd almost have to have each person submit their own top 250, then take the average of each spot to actually compile a list. Otherwise we'd probably all end up arguing about the first pick and never get beyond it.

Quote:

Old 03-08-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
You're definately right about being too chatty. I think some of his stuff is starting to be along the lines of "Look how smart and witty my dialogue is," if that makes any sense.

I think if we were going to do a list, we'd almost have to have each person submit their own top 250, then take the average of each spot to actually compile a list. Otherwise we'd probably all end up arguing about the first pick and never get beyond it.
True. Maybe we should go for a top 25.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutly love Grindhouse. It was probably one of my top 5 theatre going experiances ever. That said I do agree about Death Proof, far to chatty. I am tired of Tarantino going all girl power every film. I did think Planet Terror was incredible and teh mini trailers were a strock of genious.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
True. Maybe we should go for a top 25.
I'll tell you what, if this movie isn't in everyones top 5, I will freak out! ;)

Quote:

Old 03-08-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grindhouse was really fun. I saw it for $1.50 and really enjoyed it. I'm not raving about either film, but I liked them both enough, Planet Terror especially, and the trailers were great. As a whole I was a big fan.
Basically in agreement with Gonzo's post ^.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
Sounds good. I didn't mean to come off as upset or dickish either, so if I did, my apologies.
You presented your argument quite clearly. Much respect for that.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'll tell you what, if this movie isn't in everyones top 5, I will freak out! ;)

A friend of mine loves that movie. Like, hardcore. He's dying for a remake for whatever reason.

Anyway, yeah, I wasn't really serious about the 250. But we could all just list 20-25 films we consider to be favorites. Would be interesting.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Just saw Smokin Aces...the ending was cool w/ "dead reckoning" playing...but, other than that it wasn't that good.
I enjoyed it. I just thought it was a good ol' action flick.

and I'm not interested in seeing Semi-Pro. I haven't liked most of Will Farrell's movies and I doubt I'm going to like this one.

I do want to see Iron Man and Drillbit Taylor.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, this is my thing. I didn't need you to explain what it was about. I know what it was about. I'm aware of the symolism, etc. that's being used there and throughout the movie. I never said I didn't like the speech. What I said was I don't like how it's presented. The presentation does not fit. Now Perhaps I shouldn't have said tone. The ending doesn't fit with the pace of the movie at all. It really doesn't fit with the overall feel of the movie IMO. As I said, it could have been done in another way(which admittedly weould have gone away from the very faithful recreation of the book) that would have made it fit with the overall pace and presentation of the film.

And this is my problem. I realize you didn't try to come off as a dick, but the problem is, you still kind of just did again. Seriously, no offense intended here. But it seems like film school people and those that fancy themselves intellectuals that love the ending of the movie always think that people that didn't like the ending didn't think about it, or "just didn't get it." I got it. I don't need a big shootout to end it. I don't need the good guy to win. I don't need it to be flashy. I certainly used my head. It comes off as very condescending. I think it's possible for people to think the way the ending was presented was inconsistent with the film, still like the rest of the film, and not be mouth breathing fools that just don't understand the complexity of the supposed amazingness of the final scene of this movie.
Excellent retort and you did a better job than I could have by expressing your thoughts without using condescending tones.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-08-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Well I think Pulp Fiction is very deserving of its rating actually. Reservoir Dogs is great but 60 something is prob too high. I was not a huge fan of the Kill Bill movies and I do think they were terribly overrated
I think fans of Pulp Fiction have enhanced it's reputation to an absurd level. It was a good film but not a great one. Reservoir Dogs was not very good as far as I was concerned and I did not see what all the hype was about the Kill Bill's.

Maybe it's just the fact that Quentin Tarantino is vastly overrated.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't love Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs as much as others, but one of my favorite movies of all time has to be Jackie Brown which is a vastly underrated movie and in my opinion Tarantino's best flick.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fondofffilm, we did top 10s a couple pages back, i think to compile an acutal NFLDC top [whatever] would be very very difficult...

im not a big tarantino fan, to be honest. I think besides offering some unique filmmaking techniques, and some border-pushing content, his movies lack something for me. I dunno what it is...

as a comic book fan, im really looking forward to Iron Man. I think that robert downey jr is a perfect choice to play Tony Stark, and I also think that jon favreau, an admitted comic book fan, will do a nice adaption, and stay pretty true to the comics. Another movie i am excited about (although at first i wasnt) is the new Wolverine Origins movie. It was recently released that Gambit will be a central character, and that Deadpool(my favorite comic book character) will be making an appearance, played by ryan reynolds, a perfect actor choice. Im acutally pretty pumped for it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
fondofffilm, we did top 10s a couple pages back, i think to compile an acutal NFLDC top [whatever] would be very very difficult...

im not a big tarantino fan, to be honest. I think besides offering some unique filmmaking techniques, and some border-pushing content, his movies lack something for me. I dunno what it is...

as a comic book fan, im really looking forward to Iron Man. I think that robert downey jr is a perfect choice to play Tony Stark, and I also think that jon favreau, an admitted comic book fan, will do a nice adaption, and stay pretty true to the comics. Another movie i am excited about (although at first i wasnt) is the new Wolverine Origins movie. It was recently released that Gambit will be a central character, and that Deadpool(my favorite comic book character) will be making an appearance, played by ryan reynolds, a perfect actor choice. Im acutally pretty pumped for it now.
I can't wait to see those either but the Dark Knight probably has me the most excited I've ever been for a movie to come out.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I can't wait to see those either but the Dark Knight probably has me the most excited I've ever been for a movie to come out.
actually, a new dark knight trailer aws released with 10,000 BC...i havent been able to find it on the net. im very stoked for TDK as well...a true interpretation of the joker has been long in the making
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
actually, a new dark knight trailer aws released with 10,000 BC...i havent been able to find it on the net. im very stoked for TDK as well...a true interpretation of the joker has been long in the making
No it wasn't. That was what was going to happen but it was pulled a couple days ago.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No it wasn't. That was what was going to happen but it was pulled a couple days ago.
wat really? well wow, now im super disappointed...i was hoping it would get leaked ASAP...does anyone have a link to the comic con footage as well? apparently they released soem footage at comic con in chicago that included harvey dent in the trailer, the lines were "dent, i thought u were dead" and he said "half" + rep for a video link
Quote:
Old 03-08-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
wat really? well wow, now im super disappointed...i was hoping it would get leaked ASAP...does anyone have a link to the comic con footage as well? apparently they released soem footage at comic con in chicago that included harvey dent in the trailer, the lines were "dent, i thought u were dead" and he said "half" + rep for a video link
I heard security for that trailer was extra tight, and they wouldn't allow anyone in with a cell phone or recording device. Good luck finding that trailer.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the pleasure of seeing Rocket Science (Reece Thompson, Anna Kendrick, Steve Park ((Mike Yanagita!)), Jonah Hill, Vincent Piazza) last night. I thought it was very good. It was very funny in very suttle moments, especially in scenes with Park (as the mother's boyfriend), Hill (Junior Philosopher), Aaron Yoo, and the Kama Sutra obsessed Lewis. Adding to the fun was an excellent soundtrack featuring orchestral Violent Femmes (Add It Up, Blister) and some more Femmes (Blister, Kiss Off). Also, it proved realy how hot Anna Kendrick really is:

I recommend it to everyone. Quality 3 star indie QTC

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Rocket Science a couple months back. I don't like I liked it as much as you did but I got some enjoyment out of it. Probably a 6.5 out of ten for me. Worth a watch but forgettable.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i saw 10,000 B.C. this weekend and the ending was so cheesy.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I would rather gouge out my own eyes then ever see 10,000 B.C. When a movie is directed by Roland Emerich I stay the **** away.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Karate Kid part 2 was just on.....damn good movie...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote