Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

A Clockwork Orange...top 5 movies of all time...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1994 and 1995 years were awesome for movies.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
God, I didn't care for it at all.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We finally agree on something Jag. ACO is #5 on my list.

I also like to say that 95 was a crap year for movies. Bravehart was okay and the only reason I think it should have won out of all the nominees is because the rest of those films were mediocre at best.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
meh, to each his own...i prefer the departed, but thats by no means saying i didnt enjoy goodfellas and dont think it was a great movie in its own respect.
I'm sorry but Goodfellas is the far superior movie. The Departed was great but Goodfellas blows it out of the water.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're my boy Fisch, you're my boy.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
We finally agree on something Jag. ACO is #5 on my list.

I also like to say that 95 was a crap year for movies. Bravehart was okay and the only reason I think it should have won out of all the nominees is because the rest of those films were mediocre at best.
oops...we're back to disagreeing...I thought Braveheart was a phenomenal movie considering Mel Gibson both starred and directed it...

easily top 100 movie...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oops...we're back to disagreeing...I thought Braveheart was a phenomenal movie considering Mel Gibson both starred and directed it...

easily top 100 movie...
I disagree. Braveheart was nothing more than a mediocre action-packed period drama. The acting was good, but I just have always hated the story/action.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
God, I didn't care for it at all.
Same here!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I disagree. Braveheart was nothing more than a mediocre action-packed period drama. The acting was good, but I just have always hated the story/action.
the story was loosely based on actual events...how can you hate that....

you probably missed the whole point of the movie...
Old 03-12-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never really cared for it, but heres the new Hulk Trailer.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/12/...movie-trailer/
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Now I have 3 comic book movies im excited for for this summer.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

i was just about to post this...some thoughts:

i like norton as bruce banner...alot. I think he should have played it the first time around and he gives bruce banner a more desolate feel then eric bana did. Also, i really like what they have done with emil blonsky/the abomination...i was curious as to how they would portray him, but he looks less reptilian and more amphibious then in the comics...its a cool look.

However, cant say im crazy about that Hulk shot...then again, maybe thats just me, im not a fan of the hulk in comics anyways, he wouldnt even rank in my top 5 comic book characters...i dunno, he just seems a little too...catoony? thats what i wanna say, i dunno, again maybe thats just me. Although he doesnt look nearly as bad as Ang Lee's hulk. he looks grittier, but still not my kind of superhero. I will definately be seeing this movie though, if for nothing more then the iron man tie in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I woke up really wanting to watch this movie.

Last edited by Caddy : 03-13-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major Payne is awesome. It's been on HBO a few times recently.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry but Goodfellas is the far superior movie. The Departed was great but Goodfellas blows it out of the water.
I don't think so. The Departed can hold it's on with Goodfellas, The Godfather blows both of them out of the water.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I used to love this movie until I read about the history behind it. The movie is extremely flawed historically that it is almost laughable. I have a hard time now watching it due to how inaccurate it is.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not gonna lie: I am excited for the Speed Racer movie. It looks great and I was always a fan of Speed Racer. Should be good.

And I ******* cant wait for Ironman, Indy, and Batman either.

Its gonna be a good Spring and Summer.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

May is a great month this year for movies!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a comic book fan, i think it could be a really really good summer...TDK looks like one of the best movies to come out in a very long time, and Iron Man looks as though it will be an extrememly good adaption. I am really excited for Iron Man, almost as excited as TDK (but maybe thats because i like Iron Man better then batman in general). Meh, im not high on the incredible hulk, but im sure i will see it anyways. Its gunna be a good year for comic book movies, i think.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

as I've stated before, the Batman Begins series will be the best set of comic book movies for a very long time....and I'm a big fan of the Spiderman series...
Old 03-13-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
as I've stated before, the Batman Begins series will be the best set of comic book movies for a very long time....and I'm a big fan of the Spiderman series...
Spider-man 3 pretty much ruined that whole series for me.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape yesterday. I really like that movie. Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp are two of the best actors of our generation.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Spider-man 3 pretty much ruined that whole series for me.
agreed. i was laughing so hard AT the movie in theaters. i cried laughing on several occassions. it was so poorly written and so poorly acted and just many of the scenes were complete garbage haha

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
agreed. i was laughing so hard AT the movie in theaters. i cried laughing on several occassions. it was so poorly written and so poorly acted and just many of the scenes were complete garbage haha
yeah, im with jaghombre on this one, the batman begins triology will pretty much blow all the other ones out of the water...although, i think that if they make Iron Man into a trilogy (which has been rumoured) and if they dont **** it up, i think that it iwll be really solid as well.

as for spider man 3, i thought that the effects were very cool, and venom looked amazing, even though it wasnt straight from the comics. However, it was terrible acting, and the ending was BRUTAL! i remember in original versions of teh script, venom was supposed to have a very minor role in this film, and was supposed to be the main villian in spider man 4. However, none of the major actors were signed on for 4, so they decided to kill him off. A venom spinoff movie has been rumoured.

as i posted in the comic book thread, A spider man 4 IS in the works, and most of the major actors are in negotiations. The villians have been confirmed as the Lizard (curt connors) and cletus kassidy (carnage).

but yeah, im super pumped for TDK, and for Iron Man. Those will be the two movies i am most excited to see this summer.

If you wanna know more about the comic book movies upcoming, check for my updates in the comic book thread. Movies also in the works are Silver Surfer, Ant-Man, Nick Fury, and another Fantastic 4 sequel (ugh, dont even get me started)
Quote: