Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

went and watched "never back down" in theatres tonight with my girlfriend. And lets me say, WOW! it was much much much better then i expected...it has some extremely interesting filmmaking techniques, the acting is believable, and the lead actress is smoking hot. as in, SMOKIN!

it has some very very interesting filmmaking techniques, especially in the fight scenes. It also has a much deeper message then one would expect, and i must say teh advertising for this film is terrible, and its a much better film then you would expect form the trailers. Ill admit at first i was very very very skeptical, especially when i heard that it was form the people who made "step up".

It isnt a classic, and it certainly isnt one for the record books or the awards show, but its entertaining as hell and offers some great new filmmaking techniques. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you go see that in theatres?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are these "new filmmaking techniques"?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Why would you go see that in theatres?
my girlfriend wanted to go see it...trust me, i thought it was gunna be brutal too.

Paul, it just has alot of really good camera work. The fight scenes are done in a very unique manner, some offering an almost first person view of the fight. Its really cool...well at least i thought so. Its difficult to describe, you can see it for yourself if you want. Like i said, not a classic, but it definately entertained me for the duration of the mvoie.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just seems like another one of those crappy movies in the mold of...Step Up, Crossover, and You got Served. haha. Like an MTV movie intending for a younger crowd. I dont know how these movies actually get to see the Theatre.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-16-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just seems like another one of those crappy movies in the mold of...Step Up, Crossover, and You got Served. haha. Like an MTV movie intending for a younger crowd. I dont know how these movies actually get to see the Theatre.
well i havent seen any of those movies you mentioned, but i was rather impressed with this one...i thought it might be terrible as well, but it really wasnt that bad at all. I would watch it again, although i wouldnt pay to see it in theatres.
Quote:

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 03-16-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not watching it on the moral ground that the working title was, Get Some.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor whipped boy. I would have said:

"I aint wastin money on that POS, HO!."

I am glad that you at least liked it. It doesnt seem like my type of movie.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've just come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of George Clooney's work. Syriana and Michael Clayton were two of the most boring movies, I have ever seen. If I see Clooney is the producer of a movie...I'm not seeing it. Am I alone here?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've just come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of George Clooney's work. Syriana and Michael Clayton were two of the most boring movies, I have ever seen. If I see Clooney is the producer of a movie...I'm not seeing it. Am I alone here?
definately not...ive never been a big clooney fan, but maybe thats because as a comic book fan, he was the worst batman ever...ugh. Anyways, i did not like syriana at all, and while i found michael clayton better, i still wasnt a huge fan of it.

EDIT: I just realized ive been registered here longer then you MOTH...crazy, considering you are only 14,000 posts ahead of me lol
Quote:

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 03-16-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Gus Van Sant's Paranoid Park today and my god was it bad. What I don't understand is how it is getting all of this critical priase. I thought the same thing about Bubble a fews years back and Paranoid Park reminds me quite a bit of that film. The acting was absolutly horrendous all around, there was not one actor I did not want to punch in the balls/ovaries. The story was just so boring and left me thinking who cares. I think he was trying to recreate what he did with Elephant a few years back by casting all no nme actors to give the film an authentic feel but instead of authentic his hands came away from the film full of ****. I strongly suggest that nobody waste their time or money on this movie.

On the topic of Never Back Down how the **** can anybody like that ******* film. Then again I have yet to see it and never will. I also haven't seen Glitter though and I am pretty sure that is a ****** movie as well.

I am about to finish Six Feet Under and I cannot recomend it enough. Neve before have I seen a movie or TV show deal with death as well as this show does. It portrays the feelings surrounding death perfectly.

As for Michael Clayton and Syriana I hate Clayton but loved Syriana. I did have a friend fall alseep while we watched Syriana so I understand that for some people it is very boring.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:35 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

glitter was horrible.
end of story. worse than crossroads.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:04 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I finally saw There Will Be Blood the other day. I have to say, I loved it. The most interesting thing to me was that, as I was watching the movie, I felt like there was so much action going on, and I was on the edge of my seat. After the movie, I started thinking about it, and realized there really wasn't all that much action in the movie. But it sure felt like there was as I watched it. Daniel Day Lewis is just such an amazing actor, and he was brilliant in this movie.
What he said.

DVD soon!
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah, Clooney is very underwhelming. Him, Soderbergh, and Gaghan should really just go away.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:20 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leatherheads looks good though
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Clooney is an enigma....he does a great movie one year and then totally bombs the next three....he'll make Syriana then he'll make intolerable cruelty, solaris, and Ocean's 13....then he'll make movies like Good Night, Good Luck and Michael Clayton which really show that he's a good actor....

he ruined Batman by the way....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Clooney is an enigma....he does a great movie one year and then totally bombs the next three....he'll make Syriana then he'll make intolerable cruelty, solaris, and Ocean's 13....then he'll make movies like Good Night, Good Luck and Michael Clayton which really show that he's a good actor....

he ruined Batman by the way....
Actually only his nipples ruined Batman
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
Yeah, Clooney is very underwhelming. Him, Soderbergh, and Gaghan should really just go away.
Soderbegh is apparently making some movies on Che Guevara with Benicio Del Toro as Che. Look pretty interesting

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Soderbegh is apparently making some movies on Che Guevara with Benicio Del Toro as Che. Look pretty interesting
Yes, I'm sure we'll here the made up version that he was some kind of great revolutionary, instead of the real story that he was a complete putz who's only famous because he was killed. But forget me, that could lead to a political discussion, and this is the movie thread. Ignore this post people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I watched Gus Van Sant's Paranoid Park today and my god was it bad. What I don't understand is how it is getting all of this critical priase. I thought the same thing about Bubble a fews years back and Paranoid Park reminds me quite a bit of that film. The acting was absolutly horrendous all around, there was not one actor I did not want to punch in the balls/ovaries. The story was just so boring and left me thinking who cares. I think he was trying to recreate what he did with Elephant a few years back by casting all no nme actors to give the film an authentic feel but instead of authentic his hands came away from the film full of ****. I strongly suggest that nobody waste their time or money on this movie.

On the topic of Never Back Down how the **** can anybody like that ******* film. Then again I have yet to see it and never will. I also haven't seen Glitter though and I am pretty sure that is a ****** movie as well.

I am about to finish Six Feet Under and I cannot recomend it enough. Neve before have I seen a movie or TV show deal with death as well as this show does. It portrays the feelings surrounding death perfectly.

As for Michael Clayton and Syriana I hate Clayton but loved Syriana. I did have a friend fall alseep while we watched Syriana so I understand that for some people it is very boring.
I agree with you that Van Sant's use of non-actors in Paranoid Park was subject and the fact that he got them from Myspace even more. But theres a difference of storylines here between P.P. and Elephant that definitely has an effect.

Also the same goes for Syriana and Michael Clayton. Syriana is relative to today's oil thirsty world, and the politics behind it, while I thought Michael Clayton was lacking plot at some points, and was merely a character study. I didn't hate Clayton, Gonzo, it definitely kept me interested with Gilroy's screenplay and Ton Wilkinson's acting.

On the same sort of topic with Never Back Down, my friends decided to see 10,000 BC last night, and I was opposed to the matter greatly to the point where I pushed Funny Games to the extreme and forgo my planned night of fun to go home early and not waste the inevitable $15 on a crap movie.

In conclusion, I will be watching John Adams tonight in love for Laura Linney, Paul Giamatti, and the aforementioned Wilkinson. I have very high expectations for it

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Heat again for the umpteenth time again the other day. I just love that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O I almost forgot:

Happy 37th, Alan Tudyk!

Old 03-16-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
O I almost forgot:

Happy 37th, Alan Tudyk!

Steve the Pirate!
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Steve the Pirate!
...... Who?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
...... Who?
Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball