Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot wait for Gravity. My most anticipated movie of the year.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, all of you that rank anything higher than Pulp Fiction need to get viciously assraped by a sandpaper condom wearing phallus.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Seriously, all of you that rank anything higher than Pulp Fiction need to get viciously assraped by a sandpaper condom wearing phallus.
Drive is better. Drive is better than everything.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They just need to re-watch Pulp Fiction to be reminded of its greatness.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. Especially the rape part.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw IM3. Enjoyed it a lot more than the 2nd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
They just need to re-watch Pulp Fiction to be reminded of its greatness.
Tell 'em, Vincent.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir dogs are pretty much tied for second for me with Django just behind them. But Basterds was just in a category of its own for me. So many absolutely brilliant scenes, fantastical dialogue and the did a phenomenal job with all of the german language and culture.

BTW You all need to watch the Baader Meinhof Complex, my favorite german film.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need to buy Gangster Squad.. and Drive. Two of my favorites.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of you Drive fans should watch Shame. I loved Drive but Shame was the best movie from 2011 in my opinion.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
All of you Drive fans should watch Shame. I loved Drive but Shame was the best movie from 2011 in my opinion.
Never heard of it, you know if it's on Netflix?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Pulp Fiction and Reservoir dogs are pretty much tied for second for me with Django just behind them. But Basterds was just in a category of its own for me. So many absolutely brilliant scenes, fantastical dialogue and the did a phenomenal job with all of the german language and culture.

BTW You all need to watch the Baader Meinhof Complex, my favorite german film.
Meinhof is a great film. A little long, but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I still need to buy Gangster Squad.. and Drive. Two of my favorites.
Gangster Squad is ridiculously mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Going to have to agree with this.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Meinhof is a great film. A little long, but worth it.

Gangster Squad is ridiculously mediocre.

Going to have to agree with this.
I've got a habit of having terrible tastes in movies. My favorite all time movies include Gangster Squad and Drive.. and a few other bad movies. Haha.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gangster Squad was entertaining. If you want to watch a life altering movie it's not for you.

But for 2 hours of mindless entertainment, sure, why not.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Gangster Squad was entertaining. If you want to watch a life altering movie it's not for you.

But for 2 hours of mindless entertainment, sure, why not.
A movie I thought was very underrated and is right up there in my favorites is Savages as well.. if you guys haven't seen it.. you should.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gangster Squad wasn't bad. Wasn't great either. I didn't regret watching it though.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I've got a habit of having terrible tastes in movies. My favorite all time movies include Gangster Squad and Drive.. and a few other bad movies. Haha.
Drive is not a bad movie!

Savages and Gangster Squad though, not a fan of those movies myself. Neither were bad really, they were decent I thought.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drive is a great movie, certainly not indicative of bad tastes. Gangster Squad isn't terrible, but at the same time it's far from special.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
True Romance
Django
Basterds
everything else falls in here somewhere

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
The one thing that gives me hope is the casting. Asa Butterfield, hailee steinfeld or whatever her name is, and abagail breslin are all good young actors. On top of that, Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley are pretty badass casting choices.

I heard an old interview with Orson Scott Card where he mentioned that the original screenplay he wrote was a fusion of Enders game and Enders shadow. If that is even the basis for this one, Bean will have to be in this movie a good deal.

The one aspect of the trailer that worries me is how much action there seemed to be. Outside of the game and various fights, it's more of a cerebral story. I'm just worried its going to turn into a traditional sci fi war movie rather than the way the book does it.
I have made a promise to myself that if I am truly interested in a movie, I will choose to forego watching the trailers as much as possible. I'm tired of feeling like I saw all the best parts of a movie crammed into a 60 second cutup.

If they turn this into a sci fi war movie, I would be incredibly disappointed. I absolutely agree with you that the book was a cerebral story, on focused on the struggles of Ender and not on big battles with the buggers.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
True Romance
Django
Basterds
everything else falls in here somewhere

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now You See Me has a pretty awesome cast but is probably going to be pretty bad.

Isla Fisher and Melanie Laurent are basically two of the most gorgeous girls out there, so that's a good start. Ruffalo, Harrelson, Eisenberg, Caine, Freeman, mini Franco, Koteas... it's a good group. But again, the movie will almost certainly be very lame.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Now You See Me has a pretty awesome cast but is probably going to be pretty bad.

Isla Fisher and Melanie Laurent are basically two of the most gorgeous girls out there, so that's a good start. Ruffalo, Harrelson, Eisenberg, Caine, Freeman, mini Franco, Koteas... it's a good group. But again, the movie will almost certainly be very lame.
i LOVE the premise. im excited.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be good, definitely, but I'm not sure I trust the direction and the way I've seen it marketed doesn't particularly excite me. I'll try to check it out and there is a good chance I'll enjoy it, but I'm keeping the expectations low.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote