Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The Road" is another novel my Cormac McCarthy that is being made into a movie. Its starring Viggo Mortenson and Charlize Theron. Its a fantastic novel and i would recommend it for anyone who hasnt read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did I miss something relating to the ending of No Country for Old Men?

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its a not a movie, but I do not know what other thread to post in. Did anyone watch the John Adams mini series on HBO 2nite? I thought it was excellent. I love history and it always been my favorite subject. And although i have heard the story of the declaration, the colonies, etc etc thousands of times, it was still fascinating.

Im looking forward to next week

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
did I miss something relating to the ending of No Country for Old Men?
Not going lie, I had to do some goggling to tie up the loose ends as well. What about the ending didn't you get?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched No Country for Old Men, and I got everything leading up to the last conservation with Anton Chiguv and the main character's wife (can't remember her name) and Tommy Lee Jones' dream in regards to its thematic significance

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I watched No Country for Old Men, and I got everything leading up to the last conservation with Anton Chiguv and the main character's wife (Loretta) and Tommy Lee Jones' dream in regards to its thematic significance
i fixed the name for you

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just watched it tonight, and it definately leaves alot to the imagination at the end...i really thought it was appropriate though. I really really liked the ending, although im probably one of the only ones who did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

"look at that ******* bone!"

what a great movie...I didn't like the ending but I thought it fit....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I watched No Country for Old Men, and I got everything leading up to the last conservation with Anton Chiguv and the main character's wife (can't remember her name) and Tommy Lee Jones' dream in regards to its thematic significance
re watch the scene with Tommy Lee Jones (sheriff) and Barry Corbin (old guy in wheel chair that Jones goes to see towards the end of the movie) listen closely to what Corbin has to say....that's the whole point of the movie in what he says....it's deep, yes, but easy to understand...the dream at the end is kindof like closure to what Corbin tells Jones....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
"The Road" is another novel my Cormac McCarthy that is being made into a movie. Its starring Viggo Mortenson and Charlize Theron. Its a fantastic novel and i would recommend it for anyone who hasnt read it.
That book is crap compared to No Country and Blood Meridian

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Brick for the first time last night, whoops, great flick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a really solid lead.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Not going lie, I had to do some goggling to tie up the loose ends as well. What about the ending didn't you get?
I'm not sure... it felt like it just ended.. maybe I just didn't understand the conversation at the end

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, the Descent is another overrated movie on IMDB, imo. It was okay but, 7.4 seems really high for it...I saw it in 2005, then again yesterday. Watching it again, it wasnt all that great. I mean, it was def. better than all those stupid PG-13 "horror" movies. The Ring, The Grudge, Pulse, etc. but, not worthy of a 7.4, imo. I gave it a 6 when i rated it. I always rate horror movies fairly low though because, i'm unscarable...my parents traumatized me when i was younger w/ the likes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Child's Play and many others. haha. I've been waiting for that one good movie to come out and give me a nice jump but, havent found it yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-17-2008 at 05:10 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Damn, the Descent is another overrated movie on IMDB, imo. It was okay but, 7.4 seems really high for it...I saw it in 2005, then again yesterday. Watching it again, it wasnt all that great. I mean, it was def. better than all those stupid PG-13 "horror" movies. The Ring, The Grudge, Pulse, etc. but, not worthy of a 7.4, imo. I gave it a 6 when i rated it. I always rate horror movies fairly low though because, i'm unscarable...my parents traumatized me when i was younger w/ the likes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Child's Play and many others. haha. I've been waiting for that one good movie to come out and give me a nice jump but, havent found it yet.
The trailer for The Strangers looks pretty creepy.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats the deal with that movie Funny Games it looks weird

Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I loved The Descent so I have to say I disagree. And I do find it to be better than any of the Friday the 13th movies. As for being scared, I can't say I've ever actually been scared but Session 9 is a pretty creepy movie that I could possibly recommend as scaring a person.

And Funny Games is a movie about two guys torturing a family. The trailer is basically making it seem like A Clockwork Orange which it kind of is in its own way (I haven't seen the remake but I've seen enough of the original).

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 03-17-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
whats the deal with that movie Funny Games it looks weird
Yuppie Brothers terrorize a high class family in their Hamptons vacation home. Its very good.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I loved The Descent so I have to say I disagree. And I do find it to be better than any of the Friday the 13th movies. As for being scared, I can't say I've ever actually been scared but Session 9 is a pretty creepy movie that I could possibly recommend as scaring a person.

And Funny Games is a movie about two guys torturing a family. The trailer is basically making it seem like A Clockwork Orange which it kind of is in its own way (I haven't seen the remake but I've seen enough of the original).
Yeah, I just saw the trailer for that a week ago...it looks interesting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
The trailer for The Strangers looks pretty creepy.
I'll check it out when i get a chance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Saw movies any good? I watched clips on Youtube, and it looks like they **** on Hostel in terms of blood.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Are the Saw movies any good? I watched clips on Youtube, and it looks like they **** on Hostel in terms of blood.
I'm a huge Saw fan and liked all 4 of them but that's just me

Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They're worth a watch...a lot of people love them, they have a large following. I'm not a huge fan but, I've seen 1-3. The acting in the first, is god awful but, it has the best story and best twist. 2 was alright, pretty entertaining w/ a pretty good twist. 3 just flat out sucked, imo. I still have to see 4 one of these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-17-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know where I could find Federico Fellini films? This is bothering me so much. I have wanted to see his films like 8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita for years but finding them in stores is difficult. They are never on tv or HBO or anything like that and my local video store does not carry them

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suggest the local library. If not you might have to sign up for Netflix.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw City of God I liked that movie it was pretty good.