Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-12-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
^^^^ Hater of fun.
Meh, the picture sucks, and the audio is better now that you can turn into an FM station, but the first time I went they gave you these terrible speaker boxes. They are fine for an outing, just bad for movies.

Everyone should enjoy Room 237. It's a documentary on a bunch of theories about The Shining. Perfect for Halloween. It's on Netflix Instant.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Everyone should enjoy Room 237. It's a documentary on a bunch of theories about The Shining. Perfect for Halloween. It's on Netflix Instant.
I've been waiting to see this movie for a while, thanks for letting me know it's on Netflix

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Room 237 blew my mind. However after watching it I kind of came back down to earth and realized a lot of the theories and stuff discussed is kind of far fetched even though at the time it seemed real. And Kubrick's assistant debunked some of the things in the movie, not all of them though, in a New York Time's article about the movie. That being said the movie was still incredibly entertaining and interesting and if you've seen the Shining you should watch it.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I slowly start my marathon through this years films with the bigger movies I got to world war z and wasn't underwhelmed. Probably cause my expectations where so low but it was an entertaining zombie movie as long as you just accept some of the annoyances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The woman's theories in Room 237 are completely ********. I have no idea why they let her talk in this documentary. She has the absolute dumbest ideas, and it's painful listening to her feel smart.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Room 237 lost me after about fifteen minutes. I couldn't take the argument that because there was a German typewriter the film is about the Holocaust very seriously.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Room 237 lost me after about fifteen minutes. I couldn't take the argument that because there was a German typewriter the film is about the Holocaust very seriously.
Almost all the theories are ridiculous, but I still find them interesting. I love that the one woman maps out the hotel.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."
Old 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The woman's theories in Room 237 are completely ********. I have no idea why they let her talk in this documentary. She has the absolute dumbest ideas, and it's painful listening to her feel smart.
I agree. She had by far the dumbest theories, the dumbest being the poster in the rec room. Stating that the figure in the poster wasn't a skier but a minotaur was extremely dumb. I don't see how you could believe that was a minotaur.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is a joke of a movie.
The German historian saw Holocaust meaning hidden in it?!?! Im shocked...
Someone who went and found arrowheads as a kid saw things about Native Americans in it?!? Once again, jaw dropping news here....

Now if it is really just a look into how people can use personal interests and biases to form opinions and theories and mold pop culture to them regardless of how hair-brained they are....it nailed it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better movie: Broken Arrow or Face/Off?

Follow up, Broken Arrow soundtrack: great or greatest?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going Broken Arrow which is probably against common consensus. But I watched that movie about 1000 times growing up and every minute is magical.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Face/Off for me.
Mostly because it gave me one of my favorite roller coasters as a youth

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's on REELZ right now, which is why the question came up.

I do love Face/Off, though.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both fail in the light of Con Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Both fail in the light of Con Air
Well ya, but we're talking 2nd tier movies here, not god tier.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well ya, but we're talking 2nd tier movies here, not god tier.
Put the bunny in the box

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else go see Machete Kills?
The trailer for the sequel, "Machete Kills Again...In Space" is amazing.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Anyone else go see Machete Kills?
The trailer for the sequel, "Machete Kills Again...In Space" is amazing.
I liked how the story worked into the trailer. It was the only enjoyable thing about the movie. I was ready to have fun, but the movie and I didn't mesh.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It had it's moments.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That one was ridiculous.

The only ones that were interesting/sensical were the ones regarding Native Americans (wasn't that the basis of the novel - I didn't read it, can't stand Stephen King) and maybe the Apollo 11 stuff. Also, the younger guy that theorizes about the kid riding the big wheel was decent, but his ideas were more to do with what the movie was about than hidden meanings.

Last edited by nepg : 10-16-2013 at 01:39 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batista is playing Drax the Destroyer? I think that's pretty cool. I thought he had a pretty good presence in The Man with the Iron Fists. The whole cast looks fun, I just really hope it can come together nicely.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Batista is playing Drax the Destroyer? I think that's pretty cool. I thought he had a pretty good presence in The Man with the Iron Fists. The whole cast looks fun, I just really hope it can come together nicely.
I'm sad Bug probably won't be in it but yea, that one's looking like its gonna be real fun. I'm not overly excited for the new Thor movie, and bleh Iron Man and Wolverine, but between Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy, 2014 is gonna be GOOOOOOD. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and the new X-Men movie too, gonna be a great year for Marvel Superhero movies

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude. Days of Future Past. I can't even.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm guessing GotG is going to be a lead-up to the next Avengers movie... The cast is weird, and they're introducing characters that only people that follow comics know about. Should be interesting. They haven't announced a "Nova" character, but I'm guessing there will be one. Should be interesting to see whether they go with Richard Rider or Sam Alexander. I'm guessing Richard Rider since it seems like Sean Gunn (whose role hasn't been revealed other than that it will be "integral") would be the one to play him, and he's almost 40.

They're using a lot of B and C list actors, so I'm guessing we'll see at least a few of them in the Avengers movie.

Last edited by nepg : 10-16-2013 at 07:55 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote