Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-20-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It killed it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
That looks amazing.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Forgive if it's been discussed but am I the only one that thought Gravity was terrible? I want that 90mins back.
Like most things I never got around to seeing it, but some people have told me they found it rather forgettable/boring. I hear that a lot, though. Not easy to find people wanting to go see a movie like All is Lost.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gravity was visually/technically impressive and had a very nice sound design. And that's about it. Characters were bland. Story was uncharacteristically weak/non-existent/cliché for an Alfonso Cuaron movie.

But the visual composition itself carried the emotion, and if you watch it only for the beauty of the shots, the picture works and you can actually get moved by it. It was alright.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a weak winter for movies. Hopefully the summer brings in some better movies.

I still have to see the Hobbit movie though.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It was a weak winter for movies. Hopefully the summer brings in some better movies.

I still have to see the Hobbit movie though.
It's all sequels and remakes for the next 5 years dude. They're pissing on the originals.. and you can't piss on originals, I WONT ALLOW IT

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
It's all sequels and remakes for the next 5 years dude. They're pissing on the originals.. and you can't piss on originals, I WONT ALLOW IT
I'm really not looking forward to the Superman vs Batman movie.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Gravity was visually/technically impressive and had a very nice sound design. And that's about it. Characters were bland. Story was uncharacteristically weak/non-existent/cliché for an Alfonso Cuaron movie.

But the visual composition itself carried the emotion, and if you watch it only for the beauty of the shots, the picture works and you can actually get moved by it. It was alright.
I guess it was the casting for me too. Sandra Bullock can be incredible annoying when shes trying to act serious.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street both loook amazing and early reviews are excellent on both. Can't wait.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street both loook amazing and early reviews are excellent on both. Can't wait.
I agree with this. I need to find time to get to the movies between those two, Frozen, The Hobbit, Walking with Dinosaurs, and Anchorman 2...so much to see, so little time...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gravity looks like Open Water in space.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

I loved Open Water. More like Blair Witch in space.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I loved Open Water. More like Blair Witch in space.
People actually liked Open Water? I thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
People actually liked Open Water? I thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
You're one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't call it a weak winter at this point. In addition to the aforementioned American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street, there are still Inside Llewyn Davis and Her that have me excited. Dallas Buyers Club was very good. Nebraska could be a good one. Jason Reitman has a good enough track record for his new one to get a look.

From a blockbuster standpoint, who knows. I have yet to hear a bad thing about Catching Fire. I guess Anchorman is about what you would expect, not sure if there is anything to the Walter Mitty remake.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jrdrylie again.

It is in my top 10 worst movies of all time. Right up there with most of M. Night Shlamaramadan's movies.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-20-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

It is in my top 10 worst movies of all time. Right up there with most of M. Night Shlamaramadan's movies.
You probably just didn't get the twist endings

Quote:
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Unbreakable was a great movie and you're a poopy face for thinking otherwise.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've never seen Unbreakable. Is it on Netflix?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe so but it was interesting. Im not sure I would like it as much now as I did when i was like 10.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
You probably just didn't get the twist endings
I know you are just ******* with me but that still gave me a spike of adrenaline rage.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-20-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Unbreakable was a great movie and you're a poopy face for thinking otherwise.
I said MOST you illiterate sow! Unbreakable and 6th Sense were enjoyable.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-20-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I said MOST you illiterate sow! Unbreakable and 6th Sense were enjoyable.
I liked Signs too. Signs was ok dammit!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I know you are just ******* with me but that still gave me a spike of adrenaline rage.
Similarly to how this friendship started, but yes I was being very sarcastic. I just love how the guy devotes more attention to his **** endings than the actual movies themselves.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
I liked Signs too. Signs was ok dammit!
Signs was AWFUL. If you think even semi-critically about the plot for 10 seconds there is no way you can be ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Similarly to how this friendship started, but yes I was being very sarcastic. I just love how the guy devotes more attention to his **** endings than the actual movies themselves.
For some reason I was just thinking about that the other day. I don't remember what you said that irritated me but it turned out funny I think.

Did you ever see The Happening? It was all hyped as being the first ever R-rated M. Night Schlongydong movie. I actually, embarrassingly saw it in theaters with friends.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did you ever see The Happening? It was all hyped as being the first ever R-rated M. Night Schlongydong movie. I actually, embarrassingly saw it in theaters with friends.
As a stupid kid I loved everything M Night did. Then I skipped work to see the Happening. Worst movie I have ever seen... I actually had to watch another movie to make the day worth it... Luckily the Hulk which released the same week and wasn't terrible.