Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NIP, are you Stephen Colbert?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's alright, but I didn't think it was anything special. Bradley Cooper's son is the worst movie character in a LONG time. Words cannot describe how much I wanted him dead.

You do have a fair point, my friend.
He was awful. I mean I think that was the point but what a piece of ****. Dane DeHaan was pretty incredible though so he more than offset Cooper's garbage son.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to watch Drive sometime in the next couple days and settle this once and for all.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So excited to see Wolf of Wall Street. It seems like a movie I will absolutely love. Lots of great movies to see in the next month or so.
Agreed. That's a big movie I'm legit excited about and may even go see while it's in theaters with the purpose of actually watching the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone is interested in a B-movie I suggest Bounty Killer on Netflix Instant.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bradley Cooper's son is the worst movie character in a LONG time. Words cannot describe how much I wanted him dead.
I'm a big fan of Beyond the Pines, but I have to agree with this.

Also NIP is correct, the LOTR books are certainly superior to the already quality films.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
You all are absolutely uneducated buffoons. LOTR is one of the epic tales of our time. And The Hobbit is a fantastic concise partner to the series. Of modern mythology and epic literature, The Hobbit is The Iliad to LOTR's The Odyssey. And The Silmarillion is Cosmogony.
I'm currently reading the Silmarillion. I've tried about five times. I just can't get through the first 100 pages. I think if I just skip to like 115 I will cruise through the rest.

Also, I just watched Into the Wild tonight for the first time. Good film with some touching moments, but the kid is stupid.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Agreed. That's a big movie I'm legit excited about and may even go see while it's in theaters with the purpose of actually watching the movie.
I torrent quite a bit of movies so I make an effort to see films in theaters when I can. Generally when I am looking forward to them as I know my **** but from time to time when a film generates a ton of buzz out of the blue. Because I torrent a lot I also like buying blu rays of great films. I feel like it completely justifies my torrenting as I dont want to support **** films. Wolf of Wall Street, Inside Llewlyn Davis, Her, and American Hustle will all be viewed in a theater by me.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm going to watch Drive sometime in the next couple days and settle this once and for all.
I trust you'll form the correct opinion.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which is that Drive is awesome, and the second best movie of 2011 (behind Shame).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-26-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NIP, are you Stephen Colbert?
It is very possible.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
My quick movie reviews:

Anchorman 2 was funny and worth seeing. But I walked in with low expectations and was mildly surprised. Lots of laughs. B-

The Wolf of Wall Street I thought was boring as ****. Honestly this movie drug so bad for me. Did not like. D+ (Would have been an F if it wasnt for McConaughey and DiCaprio great acting)

I loved American Hustle. I loved the cast, the acting was awesome. Plus Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams to look at. A-

Going to see the Hobbit this weekend.
I appreciate your reviews or normal mainstream popular films there, and not the wacky ****.

Our theatre LOL'd many times loud for Anchorman2.

Sidenote question: Did anyone here see that movie earlier this year with Afflect and Timberlake, the gambling off-shore thing? I meant to catch it but got busy/distracted at that particular time and it slipped off my radar. I can't remember the name of it.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
It is very possible.
That would explain the Tolkien knowledge.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-26-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I appreciate your reviews or normal mainstream popular films there, and not the wacky ****.

Our theatre LOL'd many times loud for Anchorman2.

Sidenote question: Did anyone here see that movie earlier this year with Afflect and Timberlake, the gambling off-shore thing? I meant to catch it but got busy/distracted at that particular time and it slipped off my radar. I can't remember the name of it.....
Runner, Runner. Skip it. Very few redeeming qualities.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's alright, but I didn't think it was anything special. Bradley Cooper's son is the worst movie character in a LONG time. Words cannot describe how much I wanted him dead.
I felt the same about the Chronicle kid. It's like he stepped right out of the that movie into Pines. I'm beginning to loath that actor. The sons killed it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The lotr movies never felt like much was at stake when you have billions of orcs storming at your castle and a single elf is just shield surfing his way through them and jokingly keeping track of how many hes slaughtered with a dwarf who is also doing the same thing. Idk, after the fellpwship i dodnt care much for the series.
This. Two Towers was the worst. Return of the king still hasn't ended. I liked The Hobbit. Haven't seen Smaug yet but I haven't heard great things.

I'm about to check out Out of the Furnace and Ain't them Bodies Saints.
Anyone seen either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I torrent quite a bit of movies so I make an effort to see films in theaters when I can. Generally when I am looking forward to them as I know my **** but from time to time when a film generates a ton of buzz out of the blue. Because I torrent a lot I also like buying blu rays of great films. I feel like it completely justifies my torrenting as I dont want to support **** films. Wolf of Wall Street, Inside Llewlyn Davis, Her, and American Hustle will all be viewed in a theater by me.
Yeah, I almost never go to see anything in the theater unless I'm going to hang out with my friends or get to know someone, so rarely am I going for a film, but I make a few exceptions and buy almost everything I actually enjoy on DVD and talk films up a lot to friends and relatives that buy dvds.

Ultimately integrating the fact that a lot of people stream movies and then buy them if they like them will be what determines the continued viability of this industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I felt the same about the Chronicle kid. It's like he stepped right out of the that movie into Pines. I'm beginning to loath that actor. The sons killed it for me.

This. Two Towers was the worst. Return of the king still hasn't ended. I liked The Hobbit. Haven't seen Smaug yet but I haven't heard great things.

I'm about to check out Out of the Furnace and Ain't them Bodies Saints.
Anyone seen either?
Out of the Furnace has pretty good acting, but also a pretty average plot. You won't regret watching it, but you probably won't care to see it again either.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-27-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Yeah, I almost never go to see anything in the theater unless I'm going to hang out with my friends or get to know someone, so rarely am I going for a film, but I make a few exceptions and buy almost everything I actually enjoy on DVD and talk films up a lot to friends and relatives that buy dvds.

Ultimately integrating the fact that a lot of people stream movies and then buy them if they like them will be what determines the continued viability of this industry.
Buying DVDs instead of blu-ray and only going to see movies to hang out with friends? Just eww all around.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-27-2013, 07:08 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I enjoyed the place beyond the pines.
I absolutely loved it. My favourite movie of 2013.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buying DVDs instead of blu-ray and only going to see movies to hang out with friends? Just eww all around.
I stopped caring about new forms of things when I realized that I could just keep playing Tony Hawk and watching DVDs on my PS2.

Also, Brodie
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I stopped caring about new forms of things when I realized that I could just keep playing Tony Hawk and watching DVDs on my PS2.

Also, Brodie
Screw you, McGee.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-27-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was more Onion appreciation than anything. We can go see Her together and commiserate if you'd like.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought my parents tickets to see Smaug in IMAX 3D for tonight (x-mas gift), this will be my second time seeing it.

I absolutely loved seeing it in the big theater. The special effects really shined and the sound quality was amazing. I really liked the movie the first time I saw it and am excited to go again.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
It was more Onion appreciation than anything. We can go see Her together and commiserate if you'd like.
That's fine, I suppose. It'd be nice if Her would open somewhere around here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Wolf of Wall Street last night and I thought it was great. I laughed my ass off. Leo killed it for three straight hours.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote