Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean a movie with a great actor starring as a guy who is really lonely following a divorce, and falls for the voice that helps keep him sane every day by talking to him about his day and everything else? Yeah, so lame.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but what gets blown up/how many talking pies are there?

Rob and Brodie agreeing on something is usually a good sign, and it sure doesn't hurt that Spike Jonze and Joaquin are pretty great. I think it will be quite good.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You mean a movie with a great actor starring as a guy who is really lonely following a divorce, and falls for the voice that helps keep him sane every day by talking to him about his day and everything else? Yeah, so lame.

I love Joaquin, the rest of it sounds terrible.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to see it this weekend and will report back.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll also admit I'm actually not too interested in Her. I'm not saying it won't be a great movie, the talent involved leads me to think it will be, but the concept doesn't seem too intriguing to me either. The whole thing just seems a bit overly sentimental to me.

Also, it's good to see Joaquin Phoenix hasn't completely lost his mind. Well actually he probably has, but at least the whole "I'm a rapper" thing was just his psychotic commitment to acting, and not his actual career choice.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he actually did get into rap producing and the stuff I heard from him was pretty damn good.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Well, he actually did get into rap producing and the stuff I heard from him was pretty damn good.
Maybe, but it was done for a film he was making (unbeknownst to everyone at the time).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm going to see it this weekend and will report back.
Never inviting me to these things, jerk. And where the **** is Gonzo when I need him? I swear, he's never here to back up obviousness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-03-2014, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Never inviting me to these things, jerk. And where the **** is Gonzo when I need him? I swear, he's never here to back up obviousness.
Sunday after football.....probably Union Square.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I most recently saw American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street. Both were really good, very solid casts with some good laughs in there. Probably both in my top five for what I've seen this year. I can definitely understand the complaints about Wolf of Wall Street dragging a bit, some parts are just overdone. McConaughey's short performance only backs up that he's the best actor from this year, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** all of you who aren't excited for Her. It looks incredible.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you ******* people even look at the directors of movies? Jonze has been consistently great. The cast is awesome and the premise is interesting.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonze is completely hit or miss with me

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Jonze is completely hit or miss with me
Now I loved Where the Wild Things Are but I'll assume that is the miss you speak of. That's fine, its not for everyone. Adaptation and Being John Malkovich are two of the very best films of the past 20 years.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup, that would be it

Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
yup, that would be it
Her will be nothing like Wild Things. Its much more like his previous two and with the great cast I am very excited. I don't know how anyone cannot be unless they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Her will be nothing like Wild Things. Its much more like his previous two and with the great cast I am very excited. I don't know how anyone cannot be unless they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.
Why do you always get so upset when people disagree with you?
Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

not a Joaquin Phoenix fan either

which reminds me I still need to watch The Master

Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Why do you always get so upset when people disagree with you?
I am better than all of you. ******* plebeians. Seriously though, did you not like any of his previous movies? Have some ******* faith. Buzz has been fantastic too.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

which reminds me I still need to watch The Master
I didn't like The Master much, but he was incredible in that. Joaquin has a **** ton of talent, and I have full faith in him doing amazing in Her. Baines gets it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

**** you guys The Master was the best movie last year but we have already had this argument many times. Phoenix kills it every time he acts. Every time.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
**** you guys The Master was the best movie last year but we have already had this argument many times. Phoenix kills it every time he acts. Every time.
Yeah it was. Argument over?
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Yeah it was. Argument over?
Works for me.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Saving Mr. Banks was really good. I want to see Wolf of Wallstreet as well as Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Unfortunately we're approaching the time of the years were a lot of movies released in theaters don't have the strongest backing by it's studios.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote