Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
After watching roughly 100 movies a year for several years and doing the whole grading/ranking thing, I burned myself out and sort of told movies in general to **** off and have seen probably 10 new movies since 2011. Considering starting the grind again.
You let me down, man. Now I don't believe in nothing no more. I'm going to law school.

But really, I considered doing a ranking of the movies/performances I've seen this year, then realized I've only seen, like, one movie with a female lead and felt bad :/

But if somebody wanted to help me out with a certain Brie Larson movie that would be cool.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You had me at Brie Larson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just found out, that Her wont premiere in cinemas overhere until the end of March.. Now Im sad.. :-(
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
You let me down, man. Now I don't believe in nothing no more. I'm going to law school.

But really, I considered doing a ranking of the movies/performances I've seen this year, then realized I've only seen, like, one movie with a female lead and felt bad :/

But if somebody wanted to help me out with a certain Brie Larson movie that would be cool.
I'll help you when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I just found out, that Her wont premiere in cinemas overhere until the end of March.. Now Im sad.. :-(
There are other means...(I saw it in theaters, but still).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

There are other means...(I saw it in theaters, but still).
There are, and I will resort to them, when I get desperate enough. No way I can wait 2 1/2 months to watch it.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Buyers Club was great. Wolf of Wall Street was great. Jonah Hill was my favorite. Blackfish was great. Ain't Them Bodies Saints was good.

I'm on a roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely loved Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle. Leo was amazing in Wolf. Just need to knock out Her and Lone Survivor now.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
There are, and I will resort to them, when I get desperate enough. No way I can wait 2 1/2 months to watch it.
How does Euro-Williamsburg not have it yet? That's preposterous.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the brand spankin' new Cinemark theaters nearby doesn't have Her. Not surprised bumblefuck, Europe doesn't have it.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
One of the brand spankin' new Cinemark theaters nearby doesn't have Her. Not surprised bumblefuck, Europe doesn't have it.
Yeah. But you live in Mexico. He lives in the 3rd most hipster-ish place on earth.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You hush your mouth sir, we have a wide selection of nice theaters here. Plus stimulus Tuesdays are the tits.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Her is playing at a bunch of theaters in Utah County so you guys have no excuse.

I hated Gravity so if this ends up being like Gravity i'll be really mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any of you watch Her and don't like it you have no ******* soul.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
If any of you watch Her and don't like it you have no ******* soul.
I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Will I cry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Short Term 12

Watched it and liked it a lot.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:50 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gah, Short Term 12 is so good. So good. The one-on-one scenes with the octopus story and Marcus' rap are phenomenal. All of the kids in the facility are done very well and the acting from Larson and Gallagher is just perfect on top of it. Easily one of my favorites from this year, probably the one that gave me the best immediate reaction.

I can't think of what the movie is and it's killing me, but does anybody remember a movie from probably a few years ago that was similarly set in a teenage group facility? I think it had a single word title but I can't be sure. May not have had much of a release or maybe I'm just remembering it all wrong because I can't find anything on it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its a older type movie (2007), but I really liked Gone Baby Gone. People are giving crap to Ben for taking the Batman role, but I am excited about it. I have loved his movies, and any Boston movie.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hate to break it to you buddy but that's his brother Casey. Unless you're referring to movies he's directed, in which case disregard and move on.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hate to break it to you buddy but that's his brother Casey.
Ben directed it....

I see how you got what you did. I meant movies Ben directed.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I liked Gone Baby, Gone as well. I enjoyed Casey's performance. The creepy Michael Jackson looking chick was disturbingly hot as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:28 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
I liked Gone Baby, Gone as well. I enjoyed Casey's performance. The creepy Michael Jackson looking chick was disturbingly hot as well.
I have read about another Ben movie coming this year called Gone Girl.... Sounds like it could be something worth watching.

And in the past month, I have seen a lot of Boston movies that shame me for not seeing before. The Departed, Good Will Hunting, Gone Baby Gone.... I still need to see Mystic River though.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

All of those are great, and further angers me that GWH was removed from Netflix. I felt like watching it right now.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:38 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
All of those are great, and further angers me that GWH was removed from Netflix. I felt like watching it right now.
I found places online to watch em to be honest. As barely affording housing during the break, I find ways to save money always. Like two nights ago, I found the Lone Survivor movie online (which was amazing). It was the real movie, but was released so people could vote it for awards and all.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How does Euro-Williamsburg not have it yet? That's preposterous.
Itīs ridiculous. From what I can gather, the two main reasons are:

- All foreign movies are dubbed by german voice-actors. That apparently takes quite some time, and they usually dont start working on it until about a month after the american release. Those of us who wants to watch the original version, will just have to patiently wait until the dubbed version is ready, since they are released at the same time.

- The german film industry is apparently booming these years, which means there is a ton of german movies hitting the cinemas. That means less available time slots for foreign movies, because german movies are the #1 priority. That means that most foreign movies gets pushed back a couple of weeks.

Whats weird is, I have seen Inside Llewyn Davis and Prisoners in cinemas down here, and they where released less than a month later than the US premiere. Long story short, I dont understand how their system works, but I do know that the system sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah. But you live in Mexico. He lives in the 3rd most hipster-ish place on earth.
1. Williamsburg
2: ..?
3: Berlin

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 01-18-2014 at 04:38 AM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin or Portland perhaps?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote