Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winter soldier was about in line with most the other good marvel movies. Enjoyable action flick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:15 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raid 2 was beyond any superlative I can conjure up. I won't even sell it to you as something to see if you like action films or foreign films. I'm selling it to you as something to see if you have any appreciation of cinema whatsoever. If you have the opportunity to see any movie of the course of the next month, I guarantee The Raid 2 is easily your best choice. You will have an incredible time and you will be blown away. The bar has been raised so high that nobody else is gonna come close to touching it again. Every other action movie was just made worse because of what I saw tonight. It has ruined the entire genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
The Raid 2 was beyond any superlative I can conjure up. I won't even sell it to you as something to see if you like action films or foreign films. I'm selling it to you as something to see if you have any appreciation of cinema whatsoever. If you have the opportunity to see any movie of the course of the next month, I guarantee The Raid 2 is easily your best choice. You will have an incredible time and you will be blown away. The bar has been raised so high that nobody else is gonna come close to touching it again. Every other action movie was just made worse because of what I saw tonight. It has ruined the entire genre.
Did you like it or not?

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:18 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you like it or not?
It was everything I could ever want in a movie.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The trailer for it was beyond amazing.....the thing is I've never heard of the raid 1 before I saw the trailer for the raid 2. Definitely wanna check it out.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was everything I could ever want in a movie.
Did you see it in theaters or steam it?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Did you see it in theaters or steam it?
Theaters. I saw it in DC last night.

Quote:
Old 04-06-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
The trailer for it was beyond amazing.....the thing is I've never heard of the raid 1 before I saw the trailer for the raid 2. Definitely wanna check it out.
You should watch The Raid, it's an awesome movie with great action scenes.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched The Winter Solider, I liked it a lot. And the after credits has me stoked for Avengers 2. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael C. Hall wants to portray Dare Devil and I actually really like that possibility. He fits the role well.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on the Winter Soldier:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-08-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quick question, probably dumb but I'll ask anyway.

I haven't seen Thor 2, but I want to see Captain America 2

Will anything be spoiled from Thor 2 if I see CA2?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
quick question, probably dumb but I'll ask anyway.

I haven't seen Thor 2, but I want to see Captain America 2

Will anything be spoiled from Thor 2 if I see CA2?
nope, your safe. :-)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got done watch Captain America Winter Solider, Awesome movie! Much better then the first and ti was good too.

I love how these Marvel movies are getting more and more serious and darker like the Batman movies were makes a better movie IMO.

it is an awesome. No need for 3D just wasn't blown away by it. I keep giving 3D a chance but only get disappointed every time. I'll stick to regular movies for a while.

just remember if u go see Captain America be sure to stay threw the entire credits a lot people by know don't get it that Marvel movies throw in extra stuff at the end ..
Old 04-09-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked it. Huge improvement over the original and likely my favorite Marvel movie besides The Avengers. Really enjoyed the after credits scene as well.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The after credits has two scenes. One about 2 minutes in, then another after all the credits...10 minutes-ish... so enough time to go to the bathroom then come back to see the very brief closing scene.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ign gave amazing spiderman 2 a 6.9 which means expect most other reviews to be even lower. I wasn't a fan of the original reboot so doubt I'll see this in the theaters.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ign gave amazing spiderman 2 a 6.9 which means expect most other reviews to be even lower. I wasn't a fan of the original reboot so doubt I'll see this in the theaters.
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-...g-spider-man-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Just got done watch Captain America Winter Solider, Awesome movie! Much better then the first and ti was good too.

I love how these Marvel movies are getting more and more serious and darker like the Batman movies were makes a better movie IMO.

it is an awesome. No need for 3D just wasn't blown away by it. I keep giving 3D a chance but only get disappointed every time. I'll stick to regular movies for a while.

just remember if u go see Captain America be sure to stay threw the entire credits a lot people by know don't get it that Marvel movies throw in extra stuff at the end ..
This sentence. My God.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
58 metacritic score, so like I said. Expect other reviewers to put it lower. Seems about on par with the last one from what some are saying, mostly the script is a big problem + story is weak overcome by both Garfield and Stone's performances (which I thought was a strong point in the original).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
58 metacritic score, so like I said. Expect other reviewers to put it lower. Seems about on par with the last one from what some are saying, mostly the script is a big problem + story is weak overcome by both Garfield and Stone's performances (which I thought was a strong point in the original).
I liked the first one. I'll probably watch this one regardless of reviews. A lot of the lower score reviews from the first one are from "critics" who weren't able to view the movie outside of the Raimi movies. Criticizing the movie for being a reboot/remake is fine, but you should score the movie on its own merits.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

While I think thats certainly a fair criticism due to the fact it didn't change a ton from Raimi's, the original had its fair share of problems in its own right which were separate from the Raimi movies.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The after credits has two scenes. One about 2 minutes in, then another after all the credits...10 minutes-ish... so enough time to go to the bathroom then come back to see the very brief closing scene.
Damn, I didnt know there was a 2nd after movie scene. I just saw the first one with the twins. I guess I'll have to hit youtube to see the other one.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This all sounds correct. I could still be persuaded to see it. Probably rather easily.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob the Mob was a really pleasant surprise. People should put it on their dvd queues because it will not get a wide release. A good story I had never heard of before.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote